Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Okaaaaay. So I started up Wii U Smash.

And it started up like I'd never played before.

When I got to the main character selection, everything was gone. All the progress of characters unlocked and stages unlocked was gone.

Naturally, I'm pissed. - .- Cause I never deleted my data, it's still there on my USB stick. The only thing I did was move it TO that USB stick. I even moved it back to the system and it still didn't read it.

I'm a bit late, but...

Rampant sexism at eSports Smash Bros tournament upsets female player.

http://www.destructoid.com/sexism-and-super-smash-at-press-start-lan-291866.phtml

This is despicable and disgraceful, and should not have happened! Something should be done about this, for it cannot be ignored and not dealt with. I will say, if I was that guy's boss, I would surely find a way to humiliate him before firing him for what he did. What he did was just unacceptable.

I honestly don't think a lot of people would complain if they tweaked Wonder Red to be able to pull off attacks without the use of other characters. Yeah it wouldn't make sense for him to fight by himself, but this is Smash Bros., it's a non-canon crossover fighter and I think programming a fun character to use takes precedent over accuracy to the original series.

People keep talking about this imaginary limitation about Wonder Red requiring additional characters to function when they don't take into account how Sakurai can make liberties to a character's playstyle as he sees fit.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sakurai can make liberties to a character's playstyle as he sees fit.

This. I mean, he's done it with others:

Ganondorf (shut up he's good the way he is)

Duck Hunt

Pac-Man

Captain Falcon, I guess? Sort of? You know, since he didn't have much to go on before Smash 64.

and probably others who I'm too lazy to mention

Personally, it really doesn't matter as long as the character is fun to play as. Hell, Sakurai could put in Shadow and have him use Amy's Hammer, or he could put in Goku and have him use a key blade. I wouldn't give two shits so long as they were fun to play as.

Amy was always one of my most wanted characters. Maybe it's a bit of bias but I can see her working so incredibly well.

Honestly I'm just happy Lucas is back. All I need now is Ice Climbers and Wolf back and I think the roster would be perfect. Anyone else is just icing on the cake.

Jill from Drill Dozer please.

9-drildozer1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I just found out that if you use the hoola hoops as Wii Fit Trainer, you can rapidly tap B to go even higher.

I JUST found this out. She's one of my most used characters and I was wondering why her recovery was so awful.

• Thumbs Up 1

On Wonder Red: I dunno, I get what you guys are saying, but I just don't see him being nearly as interesting with all the sacrifices they'd have to make for him. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. Sakurai has changed the way characters work in their own universes, but it's never felt right to me. 

That's just fucking disgusting. Can't believe people still act that way. 

Yeah, it's pretty disgraceful. I don't know why, but people like this seem to pop up now and again in really competitive scenes. I don't mean to paint people in the FGC with a broad brush, but you will see this and it needs to stop. 

I just found out that if you use the hoola hoops as Wii Fit Trainer, you can rapidly tap B to go even higher.

I JUST found this out. She's one of my most used characters and I was wondering why her recovery was so awful.

Um... isn't there a tip for this in-game? How did you miss that? lol

The tips stay on the screen for like 2 seconds D:

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, it really doesn't matter as long as the character is fun to play as. Hell, Sakurai could put in Shadow and have him use Amy's Hammer, or he could put in Goku and have him use a key blade. I wouldn't give two shits so long as they were fun to play as.

Shadow would be OP with amy's hammer, I mean come on, Chaos control and being able to spawn a giant pink hammer out of nowhere?

Too much for the ultimate lifeform, at that rate he'll become the ultimater-life form

I never saw that tip... Though I saw the one for Bowser. Same thing applies to his Up B.

After listening to the MK8 remixes of some of the songs, can we please have some of those put into Smash? The Animal Crossing and Zelda renditions in MK are easgasm's, and would fit perfectly!

Only question is would they put these in the MK stages, or put them in the franchises they were based off of.

Yeah Nintendo seems to go out of their way to not acknowledge that the DK series has some of the best music in their catalog. There's a ton of music from DKC2 I want to see remixed, like Hot-Head Bop and Krook's March. Fear Factory from DKC1 would also be great

• Thumbs Up 2

I always felt that Aquatic Ambience was the most iconic song of DKC1 after Jungle Japes itself.  I'm surprised that's never had a look-in at all in Smash.

• Thumbs Up 2

I always felt that Aquatic Ambience was the most iconic song of DKC1 after Jungle Japes itself.  I'm surprised that's never had a look-in at all in Smash.

I typically regard the second most iconic DKC song as Gangplank Galleon. Its appeared in several games (DKC, DKL, DKC2 [as Snakey Chantey]), the galleon itself has appeared throughout the series, and its associated with the series main antagonist as well. (Its also of course one of the few non-DK Jungle Swing songs in Smash Bros.).

Aquatic Ambience is definitely a very popular song overall, but prior to Returns it had only been in the original DKC. (Maybe it was in the Climber games?)

Either way its definitely a great song and should be in Smash. Fear Factory is another one that really, really needs to be in Smash as well.

Maybe we can just get a new DK stage as well as DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

I typically regard the second most iconic DKC song as Gangplank Galleon. Its appeared in several games (DKC, DKL, DKC2 [as Snakey Chantey]), the galleon itself has appeared throughout the series, and its associated with the series main antagonist as well. (Its also of course one of the few non-DK Jungle Swing songs in Smash Bros.).

Aquatic Ambience is definitely a very popular song overall, but prior to Returns it had only been in the original DKC. (Maybe it was in the Climber games?)

Either way its definitely a great song and should be in Smash. Fear Factory is another one that really, really needs to be in Smash as well.

Maybe we can just get a new DK stage as well as DLC.

I believe I know what you mean, but if you want to count the GBA remakes, I am sure there was a remix of Aquatic Ambiance in the GBA DKC3 remake. Just saying.

I did only mean DKC1-wise.  I guess it's more iconic to me because I never got far enough into the game to even hear Gangplank Galleon lol.  I could never beat the Pine Forest world.

I did only mean DKC1-wise. I guess it's more iconic to me because I never got far enough into the game to even hear Gangplank Galleon lol. I could never beat the Pine Forest world.

I got to the factory but my friend whowas older was able to beat the whole game

gimme dat bramble scramble, dkc music is the bomb

To be fair, Stickerbush Symphony is already in the game. ^^