Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

actual dk music and not just fifty versions of the same song would be nice

This this THIS. The Donkey Kong Country series has an amazing soundtrack (David Wise = <3) with a lot of classic tunes waiting to be remixed, yet all we get in Smash Bros is the same ol' fecking Jungle Japes tune remixed over and over again with some exceptions. >>

• Thumbs Up 2

If I hadn't played DKCR or DKCTF I probably wouldn't have cared that most of the songs were Jungle Japes. But I DID play those games, and I really want the Snowmad Theme and Tiki Tong Terror or whatever it's called.

This this THIS. The Donkey Kong Country series has an amazing soundtrack (David Wise = <3) with a lot of classic tunes waiting to be remixed, yet all we get in Smash Bros is the same ol' fecking Jungle Japes tune remixed over and over again with some exceptions. >>

Not that DK Jungle Swing is BAD. But when its the only thing that gets remixed it gets really grating... I did like that "Vocal" Remix, though, I thought it was pretty cool.

So I was playing a match and got a Master Ball. I threw it and out came...a Goldeen. Aren't legendaries only supposed to pop out? Not sure if it's a glitch or not lol.

So I was playing a match and got a Master Ball. I threw it and out came...a Goldeen. Aren't legendaries only supposed to pop out? Not sure if it's a glitch or not lol.

Nope I read that it does happen. It's just the master ball gives you a greater chance to see legendaries

There's a higher chance for Legendaries to come out, but it isn't guarenteed.

EDIT: Really Tails Spin? xD

Not just a higher chance for Legendaries, it will always 100% be a Legendary... OR Goldeen in particular, no other non-legendaries will pop out.  It's a joke/luck thing, much like the Golden Squeaky Hammer, the Stopwatch/lightning affecting you instead of foes, or the regular hammer's head falling off.

On a related note though it always bothered me that Goldeen was the useless Pokémon in Smash when Magikarp is far more iconic of that role considering it's 100% useless in the series it comes from too.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd totally love Magikarp to be a master ball Pokemon that flops around at first and then transforms into a Gyarados insta killing everyone lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not just a higher chance for Legendaries, it will always 100% be a Legendary... OR Goldeen in particular, no other non-legendaries will pop out.  It's a joke/luck thing, much like the Golden Squeaky Hammer, the Stopwatch/lightning affecting you instead of foes, or the regular hammer's head falling off.

On a related note though it always bothered me that Goldeen was the useless Pokémon in Smash when Magikarp is far more iconic of that role considering it's 100% useless in

the series it comes from too.

I got the impression golden was a nod to the second episode of the anime when Misty released a golden at the pokemon center and it just flopped around

So, for those who don't know, lately there's been a rumor going around.....

Shantae-660x330.jpg
Super Smash Bros For Wii U / 3DS To Receive Shantae As DLC Character – Rumor

Posted by: Francesco De Meo May 21, 2015 in Gaming, Geek Culture

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Last month Super Smash Bros players all over the world have been able to purchase and download the first DLC character developed for the game, the veteran fighter Mewtwo. Another DLC character has already been confirmed, Lucas, and more will surely be coming in the future, as Nintendo recently launched a Super Smash Bros fighter ballot where players can vote for any character to be included in the game.

A rumor has been circulating online in the past few hours, suggesting that Shantae, the main character of the series developed by WayForward, might be one of the upcoming DLC characters for the game. WayForward Creative director Matt Bozon has recently tweeted a picture of a Nintendo shop display where Shantae is shown alogside other Nintendo icon characters such as Mario, Link and Donkey Kong. Mr. Bolzon closed his tweet with  a rather cryptic “See you in Smash.”

Hmm, well it could be an elaborate fake-out, but I wouldn't chalk it all up to that just quite yet.

I'm hoping it's not a joke. For one, I like Shantae and think she'd be cool as a playable character. Secondly, I'd rather Matt not be rattling fans' cages and acting really unprofessional.

But yeah, he's almost certainly just doing that. 

• Thumbs Up 3

It's obviously a joke. If Shantae was in Smash Bros, he wouldn't actually say "See you in Smash" before Nintendo announced her.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanna see a Smashified Shantae so bad at this point. This would be the first time we'd see her with a 3D model correct? Always exciting to see characters like that transition to 3D, and while Snashified isn't official, it would give us a good idea of how it would probably look.

I'm sort of torn between it actually being legitimate and it being totally fake.

It sort of reminds me of when Shulk's english voice actor said he had exciting news to bring, but he was afraid he might get into trouble for it.

Then again, this seems a lot less vague and cryptic when you compare it to that,  but still.

I'm sort of torn between it actually being legitimate and it being totally fake.

It sort of reminds me of when Shulk's english voice actor said he had exciting news to bring, but he was afraid he might get into trouble for it.

Then again, this seems a lot less vague and cryptic when you compare it to that,  but still.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't recall him saying that at all. All he said is he did a lot of exciting voice overs but he can't talk about them. "Afraid" he'd get in trouble for it? Of course he'd outright know he'd get in trouble for it.

It's utterly a joke.  I remember seeing it in my feed, he's literally just making a little nod to the fact that this is the first time Shantae has appeared alongside big name characters like Mario and Donkey Kong.  The winky face is literally the internet equivelant of someone being like "I'll see you next at your wedding right?" *nudges with elbow playfully to make it clear that you want an invite*, nothing more.

• Thumbs Up 4

People kidding around on the internet? Surely you jest Jez.

No it's true!  I've read at least 10, maybe 15 jokes on the internet just this year.  They exist!