Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Ryu would be the most logical choice for something like this.

The leak?

Remember all the info found in the 3DS' game files, with the Street Fighter music, & Ryu text?

Ryu would be the most logical choice for something like this.

The leak?

Remember all the info found in the 3DS' game files, with the Street Fighter music, & Ryu text?

Ya'll talking bout Ryu, when I'm just sitting here waiting for Roy.  B)

Choo! Choo! The hype train in my mind is picking up more speed!

Now that you said "hype train", I guess I shall post this video I made a few weeks ago, if you all don't mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ridley time. 

But really, it's probably Ryu. SFV is gonna be playable there too. 

Its just odd. You'd think Ryu would be announced at E3 instead...

the ryu and roy leaks were too fake to me.

Seriously, for roy they could have easily gotten the other fire emblem's characters win music, and ryu, the music were straight up copies from the original game, now if they were remixes on the other hand, I would buy it, but nope just same old 16 or 8 bit whatever stuff from street fighter 2, if none of you noticed that, then I don't know what to think.

Its just odd. You'd think Ryu would be announced at E3 instead...

A lot of people seem to think Wolf is coming back, so Wolf at E3 would also be pretty cool. A small spot for Roy could fit at either of these places.

Seriously, for roy they could have easily gotten the other fire emblem's characters win music, and ryu, the music were straight up copies from the original game, now if they were remixes on the other hand, I would buy it, but nope just same old 16 or 8 bit whatever stuff from street fighter 2, if none of you noticed that, then I don't know what to think.

You have to realize that they were actually put in the game by the developers.

There isn't any other real reason for them to do that :I

A lot of people seem to think Wolf is coming back, so Wolf at E3 would also be pretty cool. A small spot for Roy could fit at either of these places.

I definitely think Wolf could easily be announced at E3. In fact I outright expect it.

the music were straight up copies from the original game, now if they were remixes on the other hand, I would buy it, but nope just same old 16 or 8 bit whatever stuff from street fighter 2, if none of you noticed that, then I don't know what to think.

Have you forgotten that this game has Green Hill Zone from the Genesis version of Sonic 1?

It's definitely not out of the question to include the classic Street Fighter II music in there as well.

Have you forgotten that this game has Green Hill Zone from the Genesis version of Sonic 1?

It's definitely not out of the question to include the classic Street Fighter II music in there as well.

Erhm also ryu's win music is a copy from street fighter 2, and not a remix that fits with the game, and also there's no alternate music either

Not every piece of music has to be a remix to somehow legitimize a Smash character. That much was already proven ages ago when Sonic used his '06 Level Clear theme verbatim as a victory theme. For the second time.

The fact of the matter here is, these files were deliberately left in the patch data by the developers, and several dataminers correlated that fact. That would not even be legal if Nintendo and Capcom hadn't already agreed apon it, so there's a pretty strong chance that something will come of it. How anyone feels about the tunes themselves is completely irrelevant to this fact.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't want to sound like I'm jumping on you, but there are several things wrong with this.

The way the game handles victory themes is a bit interesting. Every character has their own separate copy of their theme in the game's files, even if it's shared with someone else. For instance, Mario has a file for his victory theme, and Luigi has his own, despite it being an identical piece of music. This means that Roy having his own file for the same track isn't unusual at all. It's actually expected.

Secondly, all games have placeholder files. When making a game, designers tend to focus on having the important functional stuff created first, with art and other fluff added later. This includes things like music. Before the game was released, Pacman's victory theme wasn't remixed, it was just taken directly from his other games.

And lastly, none of this stuff even matters because the music is still in the game's files, remixed or not. And the titles of the files reference Ryu and Roy

snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS
snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS
snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS

This list was verified by multiple sources, so I don't think it's up for debate. The files are there, and Nintendo wouldn't have the right to use that content without Capcom's permission whether it's accessible or not. 

Ryu and Roy technically haven't been confirmed, but I have no idea what these would be doing there if they aren't intended characters for the game. Lucas had his own track put into the game in the same update, by the way, so it's not as if they're above leaving things in that are meant for future updates. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't think Ryu will be revealed there, as it takes place after E3, however I think they could have a playable beta version of Ryu though

Oh, by the way, since I haven't seen this being posted here, AlpharadTV uploaded another one of his "How to play X 101", this time with Ike.

The ending got me by surprise.

• Thumbs Up 3

I swear those are the best videos regarding Smash that I've ever SEEN

Not every piece of music has to be a remix to somehow legitimize a Smash character. That much was already proven ages ago when Sonic used his '06 Level Clear theme verbatim as a victory theme. For the second time.

The fact of the matter here is, these files were deliberately left in the patch data by the developers, and several dataminers correlated that fact. That would not even be legal if Nintendo and Capcom hadn't already agreed apon it, so there's a pretty strong chance that something will come of it. How anyone feels about the tunes themselves is completely irrelevant to this fact.

the thing is though, sonic's 06 victory theme actually FITS with the rest of the game, its lazy but it fits, and Ryu's win music being a straight up copy of 16 bit music with no changes is very questionable