Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

the thing is though, sonic's 06 victory theme actually FITS with the rest of the game, its lazy but it fits, and Ryu's win music being a straight up copy of 16 bit music with no changes is very questionable

Yet the Pac-Land stage is a thing. Sakurai loves sticking to the roots of the games in Smash, it's unsurprising. 

the thing is though, sonic's 06 victory theme actually FITS with the rest of the game, its lazy but it fits, and Ryu's win music being a straight up copy of 16 bit music with no changes is very questionable

You mean the best selling game in the series and the last major one with multiple releases on Nintendo(there were what 5 versions on SNES, and all those are on the VC), and one of the most iconic games in the entire series? Its not surprising or suspicious at all

Again, Ryu's music being 16 bit could simply be a placeholder. It's happened with this game before, so this isn't reason enough to try and discredit the leak, especially when alternative explanations to the tracks being in the game's files don't make much sense at all. 

A thought has been going around on BitForums. Basically it's that Ryu will be announced at E3, with the CEO news being Ryu playable at the event (like a beta version of him or something). That would mean, however, that he'd be nearly complete already, but what do you guys think?

I think it's somewhat likely. They may not announce Ryu at CEO since not every SSB fan watches it, such as casual players.

@Felix :^)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I just inadvertently met Dejimon11 at Nintendo World last week & didn't realize it. Played some rounds of Smash Wii U at their booths.

And who says Smash can't bring people together?

• Thumbs Up 7

Well if Ryu is close to completion, Lucas is supposed to be released in June, and Roy also being one of the characters with a victory theme in the game files, I guess we can pretty much assume that all 3 of them will be released next month.

I wonder if they're going to make a big deal out of Roy coming back though. I hope so, I love that dude. 

Again, Ryu's music being 16 bit could simply be a placeholder. It's happened with this game before, so this isn't reason enough to try and discredit the leak, especially when alternative explanations to the tracks being in the game's files don't make much sense at all.

Pretty much. For example at Last Years E3, PAC-Man Victory theme was ripped straight from Ghostly Adventures. In the final game he has an original theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Mewtwo Club Nintendo Promotion ends soon. Codes need to be redeemed 23:59 AEST of the 31st (tomorrow).

I'm not going to use my 3DS code, so if anyone in Australia or New Zealand wants it: A0807A9V0JNXAFTY First come, first served.

Edit: aaaand it's gone

Daaaang. This is one of the better Smashified videos. These guys are amazing. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Huh, given how new and fresh it is, as well as the way the art design is, I never really thought they'd even change up the design all that much to fit Smash, but still nice! Still hoping for a Smashfied Sora and Shantae.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just tried shovel knight for the first time. I have two votes left over thoses being my laptop and pc . shovel knight just earned one of my votes

• Thumbs Up 1

K.K. Slider shooting people with his freakin' guitar? I am SOLD.

The hilarity that will ensue as he chases Villager around one of the Smashville stages:

"This is what you get for trying to illegally sell my bootlegs, punk!"

Another few highlights from one of me and Felix's matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8x_fK-ZPU

I literally would've had a chance to win the sudden death had I not done the second strike of Toon's forward smash. Was a really tense game though, the end made me unbelievably mad lmao

I'll bet back at you for this one, bring your Lucina game on comrade

• Thumbs Up 1

So we know when Lucas is being released this month? Also when is that Amiibo thing releasing for normal 3DS's?

So we know when Lucas is being released this month? Also when is that Amiibo thing releasing for normal 3DS's?

So while I was out yesterday, I decided to pick up another copy of Brawl for nostalgia's sake (and I want to get Project M). This game has aged much better than I thought it would. Though the visuals are still faded to me after being spoiled by Sm4sh for several months, it's sill quite a fun game to play and the physics don't even bother me that much. I even tried out Wolf, somebody who I never really gave a chance during my time with the game, and he's fun as hell. Here's to hoping he's brought back. That, and playing as the Ice Climbers again after so long made me a happy panda. I missed this game, playing it again after so many years feels like meeting again with an old friend.

• Thumbs Up 1

K.K. Slider shooting people with his freakin' guitar? I am SOLD.

The hilarity that will ensue as he chases Villager around one of the Smashville stages:

"This is what you get for trying to illegally sell my bootlegs, punk!"

You know, we talk about smash's soundtrack alot, but sometimes it does feel like there are some missed possibilities. A song I think would have been fun, and a little funny, would be this one for Pacman