Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Yaaay, this is a pretty interesting reveal....how many FE reps does this make: Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin, and now Roy. Five....jebus/

I wonder if they'll release them all tomorrow or spread them out through June, so like

14th - Lucas

21st - Ryu

28th - Roy

Seems like something Nintendo would do.

I hope not, I can barely even wait until tomorrow to get Lucas

About Ryu though,

I really wished that this Song was his theme instead

ROYS OUR BOY, anyways, I just hope the character I voted for on the ballot gets in, all they gotta do to keep us hype is make stuff fun for the ballot

SHORYUKEN

Roy are my boys

I might have been drinking so if I posted the same video twice, my bad

EDIT: Word is that Japan got the patch data early and these were datamined from that

" Inkling Girl had a trophy added, there's some rhythm heaven music added, new kirby stage and Ryu's stage."

supposedly

EDIT 2: Confirmed w0cXQt7.pngnew word coming in is that Ryu/Roy are finished and possibly a surprise "IT'S AVAILABLE NOW!" deal

Keep in mind I don't poo poo other publisher's for DLC. But Nintendo just knows how to do it right

I just realized it would be smart to put this under a spoiler. So uh, here's what we're probably hearing about Tomorrow

I saw this earlier. I think it is cool to see Roy coming back, and Ryu will definitely be interesting to see in action.

BTW, that Inkling, is that a trophy?

Yaaay, this is a pretty interesting reveal....how many FE reps does this make: Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin, Five....jebus/

Spoiler dude

Ryu looks interesting, I guess. Couldn't care less about Roy though.

Also apparently Kirby's new stage is Dreamland 64? I was kinda hoping it'd be either Fountain of Dreams from Melee or something new altogether, so this is a bit disappointing as well.

I think at this point the only DLC I'd be interested in is the possible introduction of new gameplay modes, and even then they probably wouldn't be anything super special. Also Eggman, but that would never happen in a million years.

On one final note, where the hell is my stage hazard switch, Sakurai? It would be nice to play on Mega Man's stage without having to choose the omega version for my own sanity for once.

Apparently FoD's music in on Dreamland 64

In which case, FoD is deconfirmed as a stage

This is the worst news imaginable

Shit shit SHITTTTT Sakurai wtf

What's up with him avoiding Fountain at Dreams at all costs? Doesn't he know how gorgeous that stage would look in HD? Who the hell cares about Dreamland 64?? ><

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait I just realized something... If there are now two Capcom reps, then that means the whole "One character per third party" unofficial rule that people liked to throw around is now officially out the window....

So give us Eggman.

But after K. Rool...

Shit shit SHITTTTT Sakurai wtf

What's up with him avoiding Fountain at Dreams at all costs? Doesn't he know how gorgeous that stage would look in HD? Who the hell cares about Dreamland 64?? ><

it'll be released tomorrow..

for the 3ds version. hahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

As many of you know, I am the SEGA Saturn fanboy of this forum.

CHYREEgWcAA8bsT.png

GODAMN SEGA SATURN STYLED AKIRA COSTUME, MY FUCKING LIFE IS MADE.

also Jacky and Heihachi but SEGA SATURN'S LEGACY SHALL NEVER DIE.

• Thumbs Up 7

Actually, Dreamland 64 is on both versions of the game. I still think they need to bring back Fountain of Dreams. The fact it hasn't been revealed yet is criminal.

tumblr_nn3plkeaLg1u948hto1_1280.jpg

Just look at it. Fucking look at it.

K3wuVjY.png

And this is how it appears in Nightmare in Dream Land. Just imagine what they can do with this stage with the Wii U's graphical capabilities.

If Fountain of Dreams did get in, it wouldn't be that much of an upgrade.  Smash ain't no MK8, all the familiar stages have had the exact same graphical fidelity as the originals, just, yeah, sharper due to HD.  Fountain of Dreams would have improved reflections I'm sure, but that's prolly it.  Onett still has most of the houses in the background as 2D sprites, in fact weirdly enough, the Omega stage has several houses rendered in 3D that are normally 2D, so they made these assets yet insisted on keeping the regular version of the stage 100% faithful to the original graphics.  Bizarre but... yeah.

Leaked stage spoilers:

I'm okay with Dream Land 64, especially since it makes Kongo Jungle 64 less of a bizarre anomaly in the stage selection.  It could even be a bit of fanservice/nodding towards competitive players, as it's (if I recall) literally the only tournament legal stage in Smash 64, at least in Japan.

Great Temple was updated.

They should bring back Brinstar and Hyrule Castle. And Big Blue. And Great Bay. And Peach's Castle. And Saffron City. And Corneria.

Great Temple was updated.

They should bring back Brinstar and Hyrule Castle. And Big Blue. And Great Bay. And Peach's Castle. And Saffron City.

This would be a neato idea. It'd be kinda cool like in Brawl where it had a subsection of Melee stages, Smash 4 had a section for "retro" stages like in early Mario Kart games that contained a set amount of stages from previous games.

To balance things out now we need Ryo Hazuki and Heihachi and then the Earth will explode

Ryo, nah.

Now Akira Yuki, then yes that can definitely work alongside Ryu and possibly Heihachi or one of the Kazama's. Their already seen together in Project X Zone anyway.

tumblr_mp6lt0ctuG1rw2p53o1_500.gif

I gotta be completely honest with you guys. I wasn't looking forward to Roy and Ryu's inclusion in the game at first. Roy mostly because he's pandering to Melee fans like Mewtwo and Ryu being a standard fighting game character over someone like Darkstalkers characters. But now I'm more hyped for these two than Mewtwo and Lucas now that we have footage of the two. They look pretty fantastic.

For some reason the stream footage shows his final smash is the Shinku Hadouken... yet the trophy says Shin Shoryuken. I am confused.

EDIT: OH FUCK HE HAS TWO