Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Chase McCain has somewhat of a chance of being it, since the LEGO City games belong to Nintendo. That LEGO license makes it unlikely, though.

Why would Ryu or Ken have a reasonable chance? Capcom already has Megaman in the game. Do they really need more Capcom characters in?

I dunno, they just seem to like being in crossovers.

I don't think Bayonetta would be that unlikely either. She's popular, and is kind of one of the Wii U's headlining characters. Nintendo have spoken about how important she is for the brand. But here's hoping Sonic is still in it. Honestly, I'm more interested in him being playable than I am in the game otherwise.

There ain't gonna be any Street Fighters considering Mega Man. Also Bayo or Sonic, pick one.

To be honest at the very very most we will get Mega Man, PacMan, Sonic and Snake. I would cry of joy to the heavens if we got another Nintendo-bias icon like Bomberman but as far as surprises go I think PacMan is most likely and even that isn't likely.

Right now it's probably best to assume Mega Man will be the only third party character.

As far as third parties go, we're unlikely to see anything more than Sonic and Megaman with an assist trophy and a stage each. On the offchance that Sakurai does add a Namco rep, Simon Belmont would probably be the best rep, but you just know that Namco'll be boring and do Pacman instead.

Honestly have no idea where people are getting Chase McCain and Maxwell from either. Do people seriously think Nintendo owns the Lego license just because they published one game?

I hope sonic gets back in too and I really hope klonoa gets in but like what was said already, he didn't really ever leave an impact on anything at all even though I could say his games really out do some of the platform games today (and even mario in my opinion) also there is the fact that pac man is probably namco's more well known character than klonoa.

Yep, and while he's perhaps more appropriate than Snake for Nintendo systems, if they wanted to trouble Konami with rights stuff they're far more likely to just get Snake again considering how he has the biggest history with "trying to get into Smash Bros"

Edited by SuperLink

Eww...I rather not have any of that Lords of Shadows stuff represented in Smash, better that they choose a rep from the Classicvania and IGAvania titles.

If a Castlevania Rep is going in is likely Simon or Alucard as their two of the most well known characters. Soma, Richter, Trevor, Maria, and Shanoa are other possibilities. Dracula is a possibilty as a assist trophy or boss, he's seems a little overpowered for an actual character.

If Dracula was an assist trophy, he'd do his natural boss routine of teleporting around the arena launching his signature 3 Fireball move and his meteors on occasion, or he'd teleport to the center of the stage and use Demonic Megado to try to kill everyone.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

I don't get Pac-Man would get in as the Namco rep.

- His moveset would probably be really fucking stupid

- His popularity pretty much died years ago

- He has almost NOTHING to do with Nintendo

If anything it should be Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. It was one of the most popular JRPGs on the Gamecube, and with his moveset he''d be perfect.

Probably will be Pac-Man though. Meh...

• Thumbs Up 2

If we're being honest, if they were going to do any more 3rd party Capcom characters, I'd love to see Phoenix Wright.

Avatar joke, haha, but yeah, he meets the qualifications as much as any other popular suggestion. Ace Attorney is a really iconic series, especially in Japan where it's had musicals and even a movie released in theaters. I'd wager most people know who Wright is, if nothing else, through "objection" jokes, and ignoring the lousy iOS ports, it's pretty much a Nintendo-exclusive franchise.

That and Phoenix was in Ultimate MVC3, where he was the best awful character around.

Of course, this is just me fantasizing. I realize he's got a snowball's chance in hell, but I'd love it.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 3

Honestly have no idea where people are getting Chase McCain and Maxwell from either. Do people seriously think Nintendo owns the Lego license just because they published one game?

If Nintendo owned the license, they wouldn't be third party. :P

Edited by Stingray 64

People can't spell Edgeworth these days.

Phoenix Wright being in Smash would be the greatest thing that has ever happened.  But we already got a Mega Man from Capcom.  They might as well just make Nintendo vs. Capcom.

They might as well just make Nintendo vs. Capcom.

You know, I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet.

Actually, no, I want to see a Nintendo vs. Sega before that, and the game was made by Labzero (they may be a small IP, but they can at least make a balance fighter unlike Capcom) or SNK (mainly the team that made Garou: Mark of the Wolves cause that was problemly their best game) 

I don't get Pac-Man would get in as the Namco rep.

- His moveset would probably be really fucking stupid

- His popularity pretty much died years ago

- He has almost NOTHING to do with Nintendo

If anything it should be Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. It was one of the most popular JRPGs on the Gamecube, and with his moveset he''d be perfect.

Probably will be Pac-Man though. Meh...

I don't know, the majority of capcom's games have been on nintendo's platforms more or less (some multiplatform but what the hey) and if anything pac-man (and klonoa) would probably fit the most at home here along with maybe bomberman (just my wants but what the hey again) who has more or less had a heavy presence with nintendo ever since his old days even though his games are never even advertised any more.

I'd be down with Phoenix Wright in a heart beat. He'd fit all the criteria I think for being an important role in Nintendo's history, popular enough, and would probably even play uniquely. I'd argue his inclusion would have an even larger hype explosion than Mega Man produced at E3 haha. If Nintendo were to go down the route of having the Wii U and 3DS versions have exclusive characters, I'm pretty sure making Wright a 3DS only character would not only sell that game on that platform like crazy, put probably the console itself to some extent haha

Just make it so his "OBJECTION!!" point has a sweet spot for a home-run bat "ding!" to it that sends players flying, and I'll foam at the mouth

• Thumbs Up 1

Thing is, Sakurai has confirmed that the character roster and movesets will be the same in the Wii U and 3DS versions. The stages and possibly items will be different, though. So not only will the versions have the same amount of characters, the characters are shared between both versions to allow for people to customize characters on the 3DS version and take those customizations to the Wii U version. Exclusive characters would take away from that.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, speaking of that "customization"... would it be fair to assume Sakurai's probably just bringing back the sticker system from Brawl, with the option to use them outside of Subspace?

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, speaking of that "customization"... would it be fair to assume Sakurai's probably just bringing back the sticker system from Brawl, with the option to use them outside of Subspace?

Man, you probably have no idea how sweet that would be! That kind of thing, if it were to happen, would be awesome!

Ok, so I am getting a bit tired of the back and forth arguing on third party characters, so lets do something a bit more productive(although I would like sonics return, and the addition of Knux, Tails or Eggman)

So why dont we do some roster analysis, and try and figure out what some new possible additions might be. First thing to start with is the Known roster
Known (* is an original twelve member; % is a melle member, # is brawl, @ is newcomer)
Mario*
DK*
Link*
Samus*
Kirby*
Fox*
Pikachu*
Bowser%
Pit#
MegaMan@
Villager@
Wii Fit Trainer@

So right now we have 7 of the original 12 fighters announced, however we can assume that
Captian Falcon
Luigi
Ness
Yoshi(duh)
are returning, and proably jigglypuff as well, although I doubt many would mourn its departure

Now of the  melee cast those that returned in Brawl, such as
Ganondorf(although if he has a newer form that outweighs this one it could be replaced)
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Peach
Sheik/Zelda(unless replaced by more relevant form)
are likely to return, as well as Ice climbers if the 3DS will allow it

So that currently gives a total of 23(21 if iffys are removed) which is lower than the amount in Melee
The question that is now presented is that which of the new characters from Brawl are likely to return
Now this is something we should proably discuss, because it requires a good amount of reasoning, and we wont know if we are correct for sure until the game is released, but I do have a couple that immediately step forward
Falco/Wolf(the reason why I did not include Falco in the melee list is because there is a possibility they could decide to keep Wolf instead)
ROB is a possibility, because he would go in the legacy class alongside G&W, and he is realitively unique
King Dedede/Meta Knight(though they will be rebalanced its very likely due to the fact that Kirby is one of the more prominent of Nintendos francises on both portable and home consoles, and they both have extremely unique skill sets)
Outside of that its pretty hard to determine, but lets give it a go, only other consideration that might be worth giving is that clones may be removed unless their skillset can be made unique

So what are your's guy's thoughts and predictions? Lets give a gander on who may return, and perhaps try to guess at a new characters as well. 
only rule on this I can think of is NO third party speculation, as its way too unstable and mainly causes bickering.

Oh and unless we get something in the next day or two on the dojo if I had to guess they will proably start announcing new and returning characters in Nintendo directs up till release leaving a few hidden. Say the next one is in a week or two isnt it ?

Heh just realized this could get a bit messy and take a lot of space on this thread, ummm maybe I should start a new thread what do you guys think?

Edited by Mandobardanjusik