Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I see. Well, I did play along, but I one thinking you said he was leaked. I just followed along in an unwise way. I would believe the leak if there actually was one (and you actually knew of it) anyway, given the fake leaks we have been getting lately.

EDIT: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll395154xD2B5C2B5-15

Just wanted to share this poll, if you all don't mind.

Isaac is in 4th place.

This pleases me

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really hoping that Layton does get in, I would be so happy since he is one of the people I voted for and even managed to come up with a moveset for everything but his Down B move.

I apologise for misrepresenting you; I genuinely thought I'd understood your intention to be that K. Rool was a more plausible entrant rather than one you would be happier to believe in if you could.

I do think K. Rool could be a bit more likely, but I'm not really sure about anything at this point, and regardless of how plausible a character is I don't believe leaks without substantial evidence. As noted, I really was just trying to say that I don't pick and choose leaks based on personal preference, I just deny all of them unless there's substantial evidence to support it (I legitimately believed the Rayman leak after denying it for some time).

Anyway, don't worry about it, I should've made my thoughts more clear.

Layton in Smash would be interesting. My sister would want to play as him, that I know.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/rumour_fresh_sources_suggest_shovel_knight_is_indeed_digging_his_way_to_super_smash_bros

Do you guys like RUMORS

I GOT ONE

Another one where I'm pretty indifferent towards the character but others might like him so you can discuss it or whatever

I'm just sad that this thread is half dead tbh ;-;

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/rumour_fresh_sources_suggest_shovel_knight_is_indeed_digging_his_way_to_super_smash_bros

Do you guys like RUMORS

I GOT ONE

Another one where I'm pretty indifferent towards the character but others might like him so you can discuss it or whatever

I'm just sad that this thread is half dead tbh ;-;

They cite "retailers" as the primary source. Retailers wouldn't know anything about a Smash DLC character. They would, however, know about a new Amiibo.

I still think its a standalone Shovel Knight Amiibo, not a Smash one.

You know it honestly never occurred to me that it could be a standalone amiibo, but at the same time it seems pretty unlikely since there haven't been any amiibo that weren't for a specific game as of yet, so I'm open to the possibility of both.

We'll almost certainly find out the truth on Thursday night, when Yacht Club Games is apparently talking big news at Nindies@Night.

You know it honestly never occurred to me that it could be a standalone amiibo, but at the same time it seems pretty unlikely since there haven't been any amiibo that weren't for a specific game as of yet, so I'm open to the possibility of both.

Um... Chibi-Robo? Mario? Animal Crossing?

They had support in specific games, but they're not called the "Mario Party" Amiibo line, the "Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival" Amiibo line, the "Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash" Amiibo, etc. They're just "Mario", "Animal Crossing", and "Chibi-Robo." None of them are for a SPECIFIC game. The Animal Crossing Amiibo are compatible with both Amiibo Festival and Happy Home Designer, not just one of those two but both. And they'll be compatible with future games as well.

They're not branded just for ONE game, they're branded for the entire franchise. The only Amiibo line designated towards ONE game are the Super Smash Bros. Amiibo, because its specifically every single character in that game (not merely every character who has ever been in Smash).

The other Amiibo lines are based on the franchise itself, not a specific game, they're just released alongside a specific game. The Shovel Knight Amiibo would be released alongside Plague of Shadows, an expansion of Shovel Knight.

• Thumbs Up 2

It depends, really: the standalone Amiibo thing is still a valid Option, but what if those multiple retailers didn't just mention a Shovel Knight Amiibo, but specifically a Shovel Knight Amiibo in the Smash Bros Line-Up? There's basically no room for doubt for which game it is, and him being a DLC character would be the only logical conclusion.

As for the early release date of the Amiibo as opposed to other DLC Characters: Since the retail release of Shovel Knight is right around the Corner, maybe Nintendo gave it a higher priority since Shovel Knight is relevant at that point in time again, as opposed to figures like Lucas where it doesn't really matter when they come out?

But yeah, this is just a guess of mine - like FFWF said, we'll probably know the full truth on Thursday.

Well, It's probably because I didn't do the research for it but I was not aware of that in the slightest.

Still, rather odd that the Amiibo would be announced before the actual DLC for the character has been released, or even mentioned at all in terms of Smash Brothers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, It's probably because I didn't do the research for it but I was not aware of that in the slightest.

Still, rather odd that the Amiibo would be announced before the actual DLC for the character has been released, or even mentioned at all in terms of Smash Brothers.

This is my problem with it. It shouldn't be listed now if its a Smash Amiibo. We don't even have past DLC Amiibo.

It depends, really: the standalone Amiibo thing is still a valid Option, but what if those multiple retailers didn't just mention a Shovel Knight Amiibo, but specifically a Shovel Knight Amiibo in the Smash Bros Line-Up? There's basically no room for doubt for which game it is, and him being a DLC character would be the only logical conclusion.

As for the early release date of the Amiibo as opposed to other DLC Characters: Since the retail release of Shovel Knight is right around the Corner, maybe Nintendo gave it a higher priority since Shovel Knight is relevant at that point in time again, as opposed to figures like Lucas where it doesn't really matter when they come out?

But yeah, this is just a guess of mine - like FFWF said, we'll probably know the full truth on Thursday.

We have no idea what the other retailers said. There's only one listing publicly available, presumably Nintendo Life contacted other retailers.

We have no idea what the other retailers said. There's only one listing publicly available, presumably Nintendo Life contacted other retailers.

Exactly, that's why I said it's just a guess of mine, I was just speculating. The confidence Nintendo Life has with this rumor makes me think the retailers really listed it as a Smash Amiibo specifically, but again, that is just a guess. Sorry if I sounded like I knew more than I did.

I'm guessing it's a seperate Amiibo. I don't think Lucas, Roy and Ryu even have their Amiibos yet, so it'd be weird if Shovel Knight got his so quickly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whether you believe the rumors or not, it's kinda funny how things line up. 

• Yacht Club promises 'unexpected' and 'megaton' announcements for Shovel Knight on Nintendo consoles.
  • Amiibo listing lists Shovel Knight amiibo as part of Smash series.
  • Nintendo Life writer claims to have inside info and suggests Shovel Knight is in Smash.
  • PAX is coming up. Yacht Club is going there and we're basically confirmed to see the Nintendo content this week.

I think it's too good to be true, and you could spend a while picking these apart but I swear the stars aligned for this or something. 

• Thumbs Up 3

It would be hilarious if Shovel Knight ends up being an assist trophy and is amiibo unlocks him.

It would be too cruel even for Sakurai though. I'm taking the info with a grain of salt.

It'll be cool if Shovel Knight gets in. I never played the game but I know it has a lot of praise and I bet he'll be damn fun to play as.

And of course, being the NFC Figure nut that I am, I want his amiibo if it ever comes out.

Whether you believe the rumors or not, it's kinda funny how things line up. 

• Yacht Club promises 'unexpected' and 'megaton' announcements for Shovel Knight on Nintendo consoles.
  • Amiibo listing lists Shovel Knight amiibo as part of Smash series.
  • Nintendo Life writer claims to have inside info and suggests Shovel Knight is in Smash.
  • PAX is coming up. Yacht Club is going there and we're basically confirmed to see the Nintendo content this week.

I think it's too good to be true, and you could spend a while picking these apart but I swear the stars aligned for this or something. 

The "unexpected" one is what throws me off. With how much support Shovel Knight got early on in them the ballot, them saying its "not" the same thing as the others, but its "megaton", the FIRST thing most people would think of is Shovel Knight in Smash. That's why I think its a standalone Amiibo, because it is "megaton," but its something that people wouldn't really think of.

The other problems with it being a Smash character announcement are numerous.

1.) Why would Shovel Knight, an unnannounced character, get an Amiibo shoved out before Ryu, Roy, and Lucas, already known characters?

2.) Shovel Knight was entirely desired for the Smash ballot and only the Smash ballot (he was never heavily considered until Yacht Club asked people to support him for the ballot). Why would he get announced BEFORE the ballot ends?

3.) Nintendo only announces Smash characters in Directs or pre-recorded events, and have no track record of major announcements at PAX. This doesn't prevent it from happening this time, but its rather unlikely.

A standalone Shovel Knight Amiibo fits this criteria far better than him in Smash. Also, Yacht Club reiterated not once, but twice that the original listing of a Shovel Knight Smash Amiibo was false (even after they were called out on the retail listing of Shovel Knight) stating that they'd stay away from Twitter if Shovel Knight was in Smash so as to not accidentally reveal it.

Yeah, they could be pulling fans legs again like with the original listing, but they said it twice, not just once (there was a screenshot posted on Smashboards, I can try and find it if people really want it).

The listing could be false because the retailer heard it was compatible with Smash and marked it as a Smash Amiibo, but its actually just a general Amiibo. Plus, if you think about it, Shovel Knight would look perfectly fine if they just modeled a Mii Costume after him. Like the Black Knight, a Shovel Knight costume would cover any sort of skin. And overall, without relics, Shovel Knight's moves aren't that notable (Mii Sword Fighter even has a downward stab special attack).

I don't see the stars aligning on this one. There's too many additional holes to fill.

On your first point, it's not like the Shovel Knight amiibo would be released immediately after being announced. Just because they might reveal it early doesn't mean we'd get it before Ryu, Roy and Lucas' amiibo.

On your first point, it's not like the Shovel Knight amiibo would be released immediately after being announced. Just because they might reveal it early doesn't mean we'd get it before Ryu, Roy and Lucas' amiibo.

Yeah, but why would it already have listings online before those ones?

Yeah, but why would it already have listings online before those ones?

I don't know. XP

But haven't other amiibo been leaked online before? I'm probably wrong, I have terrible memory. But even then I guess it's a different case since those characters had already been announced.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow?

I don't know. XP

But haven't other amiibo been leaked online before? I'm probably wrong, I have terrible memory. But even then I guess it's a different case since those characters had already been announced.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow?

Yes, other Amiibo have been leaked before. The standalone Splatoon Amiibo. And everyone jumped the gun and thought it meant Inklings in Smash.

Yeah, it's not part of the Smash Bros line.  I wonder what the content will be that it unlocks in Shovel Knight.

Maybe they could make this unlock a Mii Fighter costume?