Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I just saw something interesting pointed out: the Smash maintenance is an hour and a half long. With every stages only, or stages with Tournament mode only took a 20 minute maintenance period. Mewtwo took a little over a hour maintenance, last time there was an hour and half long period was the 3 E3 characters.

Looks like we're in for at least one character this week! or the data at least

I just saw something interesting pointed out: the Smash maintenance is an hour and a half long. With every stages only, or stages with Tournament mode only took a 20 minute maintenance period. Mewtwo took a little over a hour maintenance, last time there was an hour and half long period was the 3 E3 characters.

Looks like we're in for at least one character this week! or the data at least

Its a bit of a stretch to say that. I do think its likely we could get a character, but we're running out of time for an announcement.

I'm incredibly late but I voted for Shantae in the Smash Ballot a few days ago. It's really hard thinking of a character that would fit Smash, honestly. But hey, do we know if Nintendo will choose only one character from the Ballot? Or is there a chance for multiple ones? I know there are already a ton of fighters and that it takes almost a year to create one, but I'm still curious. 

• Thumbs Up 1

We know that we're going to get at least two characters, as Sakurai mentioned that there's going to be "only several more characters". That's all we know, though him saying 'only' implies we're probably not getting a lot more. I think 3 or maybe 4 are a good guess, but I really can't see him doing more than that. That's just a guess of mine, though.

Also, thanks for voting for Shantae! <3

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm thinking 3. More would be good because it will give rayman a bigger chance to get in. I definitely know he ain't number one pick. 

Put me in the 4 but maybe 6 category, they are doing all they can to hype this up, and this is a main seller for them and DLC is a big part of that, I don't see this ending with a mere 2 characters

Also You guys got it all wrong, K.Rool wouldn't be a Bowser clone, he would be a heavier bigger Little Mac clone as Krusha K.Rool with 2 changed specials being his neutral B being his Glove toss, his down B being the ground pound, and his final smash being him growing in size and then fading in and out of visibility

I have been a right bastard this week. 

This was proven fake 2 days ago. Also Sega doesn't own Miku as an IP, and she is also not a video game character

Edited by Mando
  • Thumbs Up 2

The smash bros community. Quick to yell fake even when it's been said to be lol. 

Nothing agsinst you Mando. I've just seen Smash fans go rabid about obvious fakes. Lol

• Thumbs Up 4

The smash bros community. Quick to yell fake even when it's been said to be lol. 

Nothing agsinst you Mando. I've just seen Smash fans go rabid about obvious fakes. Lol

How was I supose to realize? didn't really get the wording, it was a little awkward

How was I supose to realize? didn't really get the wording, it was a little awkward

The name of the account is TrackerTDGaming.

Anyways, while I'm here;

Also Sega doesn't own Miku as an IP, and she is also not a video game character 

Nintendo don't own the Squid Girl IP, and she's not a video game character.

Meanwhile, in Splatoon. Given the success of Project Diva, a SEGA published game, Miku is arguably *more* likely than Squid Girl was.  

Edited by Tracker
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly I'm not that big of a fan of 3'd party characters in smash. I dunno they just seem kinda eh tier for me. Still having hopes that whoever the Smash ballot brings into smash, it'll be a well deserving character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, it depends on the 3rd party for me.

anyway, can I say how hilarious the Smash fanbase can get when it comes to leaks? They ask for a vid fot proof, they get a vid, and continue to say fake. Lesson? smash fans will never buy a leak lol.

Eh, it depends on the 3rd party for me.

anyway, can I say how hilarious the Smash fanbase can get when it comes to leaks? They ask for a vid fot proof, they get a vid, and continue to say fake. Lesson? smash fans will never buy a leak lol.

Most everyone bought the Rayman leak.

I think you're attributing this to a larger group of people than it actually is. Some people more easily buy leaks, some don't.

Almost everyone believed the Gematsu leak after the Greninja reveal, and especially after the following E3 as well, all the way until Robin crushed it. After the ESRB leak, the Rayman leak was obvious. Some people denied it at first, but ultimately almost everyone believed it.

Since the Rayman leak, though, most of the fanbase has been hesitant to believe ANY leaks, but a lot of people still believe them. In fact, many currently believe this Shovel Knight leak/rumor while others think its dead wrong.

It really depends on the context and who it is.

It isn't awkward, it's British. I don't blame ya though, it took me a second to understand what he was saying (I already knew he made it), hehe.

3rd party characters are my favorite, since there aren't many Nintendo characters I'm that attached to. XP

I guess. The 4chan area I guess is what I'm referring to. During the shovel knight fake, tons went "vid, or fake". 

Considering that's long after Rayman... and there WAS an incredibly convincing video and it was STILL fake... why is anyone really surprised about this?

Remember when hardly anyone here thought the ESRB leak was real?

Remember PHOTOSHOPPED LITTLE MAC

Yeah Smash fans are very quick to call out leaks but honestly why wouldn't they be? Smash seems to have more "leaks" than most other game series.

Next batch of DLC content is already available on the eShop, and yes, its a full set of content, not JUST Super Mario Maker. No characters, unfortunately.

Stages -
Super Mario Maker & Pirate Ship

Mii Fighters -
Business Suit (All)
Toad (Brawler)
Viridi (Swordfighter)
Hunter's Helm/Mail (Swordfighter)
Rathalos Helm/Mail (Swordfighter)
Fox (Gunner)
Captain Falcon (Brawler)

Hunter's and Rathalos are both Monster Hunter I think. Rathalos is a monster in Monster Hunter, I know that much, so I'm assuming the Hunter's equipment is generic Hunter's armor.

Not sure why its already on the eShop before the official announcement, but whatever.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/memourqui/status/649103862310268928

Odd, it also says "New Stage Music." Maybe some stages not in DLC also get new music? Or do they always say that?

Edited by JaidynReiman
  • Thumbs Up 2

PIRATE SHIP. YES. That was one of the missing Brawl stages that I wanted back the most. It's gonna look GORGEOUS in HD.

:D
Edited by CC14 Soul Snatcher

Awesome, Pirate Ship was one of my favs in Brawl, glad it's back <3

And that Rathalos gear looks SIIIIICK, I might just grab that.