Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

I'm sure Nintendo already have planned what characters from the ballot they wanna use. I don't think they'll be announcing who right as it ends though, especially as it takes time to develop the characters, and they probably don't want to announce it early like with Mewtwo.

...you guys seriously aren't expecting an announcement on the same day the ballot closes, are you? Let's be real, it took six months to get Mewtwo out there, and that was for a character they did already have plans for.

You seriously think that they waited 6 months to get started on the next characters? They got development teams, for maps and characters, and continue to develop new ones, they take around 3-5 to make really. Also They want to keep the hype going, it's time for another character, and it's likely to be ballot influenced, even if the first one itself isn't pure ballot choice, but a character of thought for a while, who is backed with fan support. ones that made it into the shortlist, but got cut around the concept stage either due to being on the lower list, and possibly cut due to time restraints, and also in relation to relevancy perhaps. We are definitely in for at least 2 characters before the end of the year though

...you guys seriously aren't expecting an announcement on the same day the ballot closes, are you? Let's be real, it took six months to get Mewtwo out there, and that was for a character they did already have plans for.

I highly doubt they waited six months to start developing new characters. Either they started developing them already or have 1-2 more characters they started before the ballot ended at least. I highly doubt they waited until the ballot finished to start ANYTHING.

It's not a sure thing, but yeah, there's reason to think that the ballot characters have been in development for a while now, and that they never really planned on waiting until the deadline. 

I don't expect announcements on the day the ballot ends, but I don't expect to be waiting for too long either. 

I'd say the only 'deadline' for an announcement for the announcement is tomorrow, but with the recent spontaneity in regards to the Mario Maker announcement, we could get an announcement out of nowhere right before the update.

Also another one of these have popped up

tumblr_nvdiyxrkxy1qf6ybwo1_540.jpg

I'd say the only 'deadline' for an announcement for the announcement is tomorrow, but with the recent spontaneity in regards to the Mario Maker announcement, we could get an announcement out of nowhere right before the update.

Also another one of these have popped up

tumblr_nvdiyxrkxy1qf6ybwo1_540.jpg

If Shovel Knight is a Zelda enemy then that just makes me even happier that I voted for him. Bout time Zelda got another character.  :U

I just saw something interesting pointed out: the Smash maintenance is an hour and a half long. With every stages only, or stages with Tournament mode only took a 20 minute maintenance period. Mewtwo took a little over a hour maintenance, last time there was an hour and half long period was the 3 E3 characters.

Looks like we're in for at least one character this week! or the data at least

I just saw something interesting pointed out: the Smash maintenance is an hour and a half long. With every stages only, or stages with Tournament mode only took a 20 minute maintenance period. Mewtwo took a little over a hour maintenance, last time there was an hour and half long period was the 3 E3 characters.

Looks like we're in for at least one character this week! or the data at least

Its a bit of a stretch to say that. I do think its likely we could get a character, but we're running out of time for an announcement.

I'm incredibly late but I voted for Shantae in the Smash Ballot a few days ago. It's really hard thinking of a character that would fit Smash, honestly. But hey, do we know if Nintendo will choose only one character from the Ballot? Or is there a chance for multiple ones? I know there are already a ton of fighters and that it takes almost a year to create one, but I'm still curious. 

We know that we're going to get at least two characters, as Sakurai mentioned that there's going to be "only several more characters". That's all we know, though him saying 'only' implies we're probably not getting a lot more. I think 3 or maybe 4 are a good guess, but I really can't see him doing more than that. That's just a guess of mine, though.

Also, thanks for voting for Shantae! <3

Put me in the 4 but maybe 6 category, they are doing all they can to hype this up, and this is a main seller for them and DLC is a big part of that, I don't see this ending with a mere 2 characters

Also You guys got it all wrong, K.Rool wouldn't be a Bowser clone, he would be a heavier bigger Little Mac clone as Krusha K.Rool with 2 changed specials being his neutral B being his Glove toss, his down B being the ground pound, and his final smash being him growing in size and then fading in and out of visibility

How was I supose to realize? didn't really get the wording, it was a little awkward

The name of the account is TrackerTDGaming.

Anyways, while I'm here;

Also Sega doesn't own Miku as an IP, and she is also not a video game character 

Nintendo don't own the Squid Girl IP, and she's not a video game character.

Meanwhile, in Splatoon. Given the success of Project Diva, a SEGA published game, Miku is arguably *more* likely than Squid Girl was.  

Edited by Tracker

Eh, it depends on the 3rd party for me.

anyway, can I say how hilarious the Smash fanbase can get when it comes to leaks? They ask for a vid fot proof, they get a vid, and continue to say fake. Lesson? smash fans will never buy a leak lol.

Eh, it depends on the 3rd party for me.

anyway, can I say how hilarious the Smash fanbase can get when it comes to leaks? They ask for a vid fot proof, they get a vid, and continue to say fake. Lesson? smash fans will never buy a leak lol.

Most everyone bought the Rayman leak.

I think you're attributing this to a larger group of people than it actually is. Some people more easily buy leaks, some don't.

Almost everyone believed the Gematsu leak after the Greninja reveal, and especially after the following E3 as well, all the way until Robin crushed it. After the ESRB leak, the Rayman leak was obvious. Some people denied it at first, but ultimately almost everyone believed it.

Since the Rayman leak, though, most of the fanbase has been hesitant to believe ANY leaks, but a lot of people still believe them. In fact, many currently believe this Shovel Knight leak/rumor while others think its dead wrong.

It really depends on the context and who it is.