Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Huh.  Did they rerecord the dialogue and everything?  Strange decision.  I'm reminded of their much worse handling of Codename S.T.E.A.M.  ...A thought: Did the NES Zapper ever come out in Europe?

Yes, they rerecorded the dialogue. And they got the NES zapper back in the day, too.

Duck Hunt (Duo)'s name change isn't the only difference. The trophies all have different descriptions, and many of the characters in the boxing ring stage have different, sometimes mind-blowingly awful aliases. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I like all the little differences between the Mii Fighter costumes depending on gender. The Monster Hunter ones seem to have the most changes. Even the business suit is slightly different depending on the gender. It's pretty cool!

I like all the little differences between the Mii Fighter costumes depending on gender. The Monster Hunter ones seem to have the most changes. Even the business suit is slightly different depending on the gender. It's pretty cool!

Monster Hunter armor always had generally big differences between the two sexes.

Monster Hunter armor always had generally big differences between the two sexes.

Yeah, I noticed that when I played the demo. Also:

oxEF8ra.jpg

this shantae DLC is great :^)

Very cool new stage additions.  Don't care about Duck Hunt since I find it a boring stage with boring music, but still a very nice gesture for them to add it to 3DS for free.

The only thing about this DLC which I find bizarre is the music selection.

Firstly, no new remix on Pirate Ship... a little disappointing I admit.

No new ORIGINAL music on Pirate Ship?  Kind of very bizarre that they decided to just use tracks already on the disc, along with the new medley remix from Hyrule Castle 64.

No OLD original music on Pirate Ship... that is to say only the (kinda lame) remix of the Great Sea is here, no original Great Sea track.

Including Gerudo Valley’s remix makes sense since Brawl Pirate Ship had the original as a choice… but does Dark World/Dungeon remix really fit at all?  And yet, in contrast to that choice, of all the Zelda tracks, they don’t include Full Steam Ahead, which would fit perfectly thanks to being from another Toon Link title focused around vehicular travel on the overworld.

Of course Duck Hunt's default music on 3DS has gotta be the Duck Hunt medley remix... but who thought anyone would want the Wrecking Crew Retro medley as the secondary track when we could've had the Wrecking Crew remixed medley instead?  Honestly neither tracks are standouts but why do the music team hate us having 2 remixes (or even 2 new tracks generally) on so many stages for 3DS?

And finally... what the fuck Mario Maker My Music?  The new remix is great, the dynamic original songs make perfect sense... but then the rest of the selection literally vomits almost every other 2D Mario remix onto the menu.  27 tracks really?  I set almost all of them to zero, keeping the dynamic music on 50% and the awesome remix on 100%.

Also just to appease my personal nitpickyness, I selected a few Zelda tracks that seemed to fit Pirate Ship for that stage and removed them from the My Music on their previous stages.  I also removed SMB2′s theme from Peach’s Castle 64 and put it as a rare possibility on Mario Maker since much as I love it it didn’t hugely fit the former.

On the upside, this eventual resorting to music reuse in this DLC pack does completely negate all previous argument of certain stages probably not reappearing, so yay Mushroom Kingdom II (and for most folks, Fountain of Dreams) are back on the cards as possibilities.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yes, they rerecorded the dialogue. And they got the NES zapper back in the day, too.

Duck Hunt (Duo)'s name change isn't the only difference. The trophies all have different descriptions, and many of the characters in the boxing ring stage have different, sometimes mind-blowingly awful aliases. 

And mind-blowingly  awesome in some other cases, like R.O.B's being "Robotic Obliterating Buddy" and Lucas being called "The Tazmilian Devil".

• Thumbs Up 2

And mind-blowingly  awesome in some other cases, like R.O.B's being "Robotic Obliterating Buddy" and Lucas being called "The Tazmilian Devil".

For sure. Some of them are really good, but a lot of them are cumbersome and unwieldy, and occasionally they aren't even aliases- which really misses the point. Too many of them are just random, bad jokes. 

Tazmillian Devil is great though. No denying that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't really like the style switch music on Mario Maker. It isn't a smooth transition.

The only song that matters is the Fortress Boss remix.

I kind of wish, as well as the original overworld themes, they had included the "edit mode" remixes from Mario Maker as an alternative dynamic music possibility.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's some sweet fan-art for a certain character people want in smash, that just got finished in time for the final day of the ballot tomorrow

BwWjcQm.pngBwWjcQm.png

This pic gives you a small look at the awesomeness in the folowing video(which I haven't watched yet thanks to my terrible internet

colalgeskroolsmallerb6oez.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's some sweet fan-art for a certain character people want in smash, that just got finished in time for the final day of the ballot tomorrow

BwWjcQm.png

Oh, God. A FarCry 4 parody. 

Hey guys, thought you should see this.

This is interesting. I thought we'd get 2 more characters, but now 3 looks likely if this pans out. 

Also another stage slot and the placeholder references Tiki buzz?

200px-TikiBuzz.png

DK content confirmed?

Edit: That's pretty flawed logic. I don't even know why I said that. Still, it's weird that Tiki Buzz is named. Mario being named for a placeholder character makes sense but what's with this?

Edited by Solly

This is interesting. I thought we'd get 2 more characters, but now 3 looks likely if this pans out. 

Also another stage slot and the placeholder references Tiki buzz?

200px-TikiBuzz.png

DK content confirmed?

Edit: That's pretty flawed logic. I don't even know why I said that. Still, it's weird that Tiki Buzz is named. Mario being named for a placeholder character makes sense but what's with this?

Tiki Tong confirmed while the salt from K.Rool fans creates a desert.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sigh, Tails Spin, there's really no need for this mean sarcasm. Also Tiki Kong suffers Andross disease

on another note, the full gang from the video

k__rool_smashified_costumes_by_pavlovs_w

Also, interesting new rumor, it's from 4chan so take it with salt, but it's true so far(and I could roll with it)

https://archive.moe/v/thread/311810897/#311830578

1443782304341.png

I want to be pissed about K Rool but motherfucking BOMBERMAN is there holy shit. I love Bomberman. Bomberman is good. I want Bomberman in this game. 

Shovel Knight too. Hell yah

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sigh, Tails Spin, there's really no need for this mean sarcasm. Also Tiki Kong suffers Andross disease

on another note, the full gang from the video

k__rool_smashified_costumes_by_pavlovs_w

Also, interesting new rumor, it's from 4chan so take it with salt, but it's true so far(and I could roll with it)

https://archive.moe/v/thread/311810897/#311830578

Hidden Content

hm, I'd figure if ANYONE would think it was mean sarcasm it would be you. Yet I guess I have to eat it every-time you have a vendetta against the 3DS version saying that it was holding the Wii U back

Bomberman's cute, why not?

Not saying I COMPLETELY BELIEVE THIS RUMOR OMG but I don't have anything against it. I'm warming up to K.Rool quite a bit too (though I never had anything against him).

Speaking of, you think he'll just get animal grunts as his voice like DK?

Well, those of you who are disinterested in the potential availability of K. Rool as a playable character can look at it like this:

IF he becomes playable, then at least you would now have the option to take your frustrations out on the big croc. That is, if that's how you wish to handle it.

• Thumbs Up 5

IF he becomes playable, then at least you would now have the option to take your frustrations out on the big croc. That is, if that's how you wish to handle it.

As far as I'm concerned he's a new $5 sandbag skin

He'll probably just have animal grunts to go along with the other two DK characters. If they give him his voice without giving Donkey Kong his that'll be disappointing 

• Thumbs Up 6

Well, those of you who are disinterested in the potential availability of K. Rool as a playable character can look at it like this:

Despite the jokes I've pulled against K.Rool I actually wouldn't mind him in the game. Lets say I would be indifferent in a way ( I say that cuz I totally would play as him if he has his captain skin) 

• Thumbs Up 3

Since the subject was brought up, certain characters not having their canon voices really annoys me. I don't like Bowser having generic kaiju roars, and I don't like DK's gorilla noises. Diddy's is kinda ok since it sorta fits him well, but as somebody who's completely out of the loop when it comes to DK I'd probs be wrong.

Also I don't even care if Sakurai voices Dedede, we need the Right Back at Ya voice pronto. Meta Knight did get his (Japanese) anime voice...

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 6

Bomberman's cute, why not?

Not saying I COMPLETELY BELIEVE THIS RUMOR OMG but I don't have anything against it. I'm warming up to K.Rool quite a bit too (though I never had anything against him).

Perfect world he'd have his British deranged villain voice from DK64, on the other hand grunts aren't that horrible since his DKC trilogy sound effects do sound a lot like actual Krocodile sounds. I think he has a better chance since a lot of his character is contrasting with DK, so he's got a higher chance of having an actual voice, though no assurance either, but he's one of few characters that works with either, but the Voice would be a sick DK64 callback(which Sakurai does like

I'm not going to get excited about K Rool or a returning character, but if fucking Bomberman got in then the rest wouldn't even matter. Saturn Bomberman has to be the most fun I've ever had in a multiplayer, so to be able plop him in a match with Sonic, Mario and Pikachu would be a childhood dream come true.

Most likely fake, but if by some random force in the universe this rumor DOES end up being true, I'd be very satisfied with the results. Wolf and K. Rool are two that I was hoping for and Bomberman is just a great out-of-nowhere surprise.