Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Also I don't even care if Sakurai voices Dedede, we need the Right Back at Ya voice pronto. Meta Knight did get his (Japanese) anime voice...

Dedede is one of Sakurai's babies so I can't imagine him letting that one go.

I'm glad too. His voice for Dedede is hilarious. Like how do you even begin to make those sounds

• Thumbs Up 5

Dedede is one of Sakurai's babies so I can't imagine him letting that one go.

I'm glad too. His voice for Dedede is hilarious. Like how do you even begin to make those sounds

Fair point there.

I actually liked his voice clips for Dedede a lot In Brawl, even tho his Star KO voice clip in that game is genuinely terrifying. They digitally altered the voice clips in Smash 4 and to be honest, they all sound worse than his old ones.

Also, Shovel Knight is an independent rumor tagged on later to that one, I still think that's a false rumor for several reasons...

Also, Shovel Knight is an independent rumor tagged on later to that one, I still think that's a false rumor for several reasons...

yet you think K.Rool is true.... *eye rolls*

Man I know that Snake in the pic is meant to be a joke, but still, damn. Really sucks we probably won't see him thanks to konami.

Any reason other than "I don't want it to happen" or 

• Thumbs Up 8

Bomberman making it in would make me so happy.

Also, interesting bit: "#K.Rool. Looks like the Mii costume but I don't know which came first. They're expecting it to sell really well and advertise the DK series for Retro's new game"

If Retro's next game turns out to be another "fucking Donkey Kong" game (even if made a 3D title), good lord imagine the salt lmao.

• Thumbs Up 3

yet you think K.Rool is true.... *eye rolls*

Ok, so tell me, why shouldn't I think that a first party character that is described in game as DK's Bowser, that has massive global fan support both for entering smash and return to his own series and has massive moveset potential is quite possible against a Minor indie character with a single multi-plat game under their belt and minor to almost no ties to Nintendo that has been out for less than a year and hasn't even been released in Japan? Shovel Knight getting in would be a Playstation all-stars level move, giving reward without earning it. There is no assurance that Shovel Knight won't go the way of Earthworm Jim, or Sparkster, both that had a great first game, and sequels, but then are never heard of again, or make minor revivals that fail, that happened to be Nintendo but never really created any significant bond. The whole "Indie Rep" argument is bogus too, since there are other candidates(like Quote or Shantae) who at least in the case of the latter had multiple primarily exclusive games, or that didn't leave for several years if ever. Could Shovel Knight be a future canidate? maybe, with a few more games on his belt, a stronger relationship with Nintendo and becoming a true icon.

You guys have been treating him like the second coming of Bowser since all the leaks feeding off your own hype when there is no proof and very little probability of it actually happening. You ask me why I think he won't happen, tell me, truly what actually makes you think he will happen? I mean, look at every third party character added, and just think for a moment. I know I'm being a bit blunt here, but everyone bashing actual other possibilities for an character that as of yet hasn't earned a place in smash really miffs me. I know K.Rool may not happen, but I do know that all the fan support we have done will help awareness and increase the possibility of his overall return which is what most of us in his fanbase want in the first place. Smash would just be an awesome bonus.

Heh, look at me get so steamed up over fictional characters, but hey we all have things we like, and want to discuss and share our thoughts. Note this isn't a personal attack on anyone, this is just my thoughts and my reasoning. Well gotta go finish modeling this hand now, it's still puzzling me, and I really want to finish this darned model today to start spreading the word

Also, interesting bit: "#K.Rool. Looks like the Mii costume but I don't know which came first. They're expecting it to sell really well and advertise the DK series for Retro's new game"

If Retro's next game turns out to be another "fucking Donkey Kong" game (even if made a 3D title), good lord imagine the salt lmao.

And I'd be laughing myself into a coma since Tropical Freeze was my 2014 GOTY. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Bomberman making it in would make me so happy.

I think there will be a ton of salt no matter what since the primary people who worked on Prime left, and it seems that Retro wants to experiment with new things, not return to what it's already done. Though would love a DK64 2

Edited by Mando
removed amusing, but possibly offensive to certian fanbases image to remove toxicity

Ok, so tell me, why shouldn't I think that a first party character that is described in game as DK's Bowser, that has massive global fan support both for entering smash and return to his own series and has massive moveset potential is quite possible against a Minor indie character with a single multi-plat game under their belt and minor to almost no ties to Nintendo that has been out for less than a year and hasn't even been released in Japan? Shovel Knight getting in would be a Playstation all-stars level move, giving reward without earning it. There is no assurance that Shovel Knight won't go the way of Earthworm Jim, or Sparkster, both that had a great first game, and sequels, but then are never heard of again, or make minor revivals that fail, that happened to be Nintendo but never really created any significant bond. The whole "Indie Rep" argument is bogus too, since there are other candidates(like Quote or Shantae) who at least in the case of the latter had multiple primarily exclusive games, or that didn't leave for several years if ever. Could Shovel Knight be a future canidate? maybe, with a few more games on his belt, a stronger relationship with Nintendo and becoming a true icon.

You guys have been treating him like the second coming of Bowser since all the leaks feeding off your own hype when there is no proof and very little probability of it actually happening. You ask me why I think he won't happen, tell me, truly what actually makes you think he will happen? I mean, look at every third party character added, and just think for a moment. I know I'm being a bit blunt here, but everyone bashing actual other possibilities for an character that as of yet hasn't earned a place in smash really miffs me. I know K.Rool may not happen, but I do know that all the fan support we have done will help awareness and increase the possibility of his overall return which is what most of us in his fanbase want in the first place. Smash would just be an awesome bonus.

Heh, look at me get so steamed up over fictional characters, but hey we all have things we like, and want to discuss and share our thoughts. Note this isn't a personal attack on anyone, this is just my thoughts and my reasoning. Well gotta go finish modeling this hand now, it's still puzzling me, and I really want to finish this darned model today to start spreading the word

These arguments are all reasons why you think he shouldn't be in. Nothing here is a reason why he can't. He still fits the only real stated rule: That the character has to be a video game character, so he's just as valid an option as K rool or Snake or Bomberman or whoever

I figured people would learn by now to expect the unexpected when it comes to these games. If Shovel Knight gets enough requests, then there's no reason not to put him in really.  The point of the ballot is that we can vote for whoever we want. If they pick someone who's a bit outside the box and unexpected like Shovel Knight or Shantae or whoever, people should be happy.

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think there will be a ton of salt no matter what since the primary people who worked on Prime left, and it seems that Retro wants to experiment with new things, not return to what it's already done. Though would love a DK64 2

Also we got another Stuff people say

Q0IeNdn.png

I really dont feel like arguing but you quoted me saying I was being mean to K.Rool fans with my quote yet you turn around and poke fun at Shantae fans. Kind of Hypocritical don't ya think

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not gonna totally disregard the rumor, but I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Bomberman seems like an odd choice (as much as I would love it) and the guy tries to explain Sakurai's reasoning, which is always a huge red flag. Right now this just looks like a guy who called the Pirate Ship (and I guess 3 characters). And we've already seen text leaks get more stuff right and still be wrong. Remember the "Gematsu leak"?

• Thumbs Up 1

I really dont feel like arguing but you quoted me saying I was being mean to K.Rool fans with my quote yet you turn around and poke fun at Shantae fans. Kind of Hypocritical don't ya think

Oops, meant this in good humor, as I'm actually a Shantae fan as well, this is the third of said stuff people say line that a dude's been doing that's just rather fun. Your comment seemed to have some of the hateful energy that filled the other forums. Well hey, oh well, and well guess I just gotta remember

Edited by Mando
Can't remove my foolish mistakes, but I can edit em to help ease tension.

Oops, meant this in good humor, as I'm actually a Shantae fan as well, this is the third of said stuff people say line that a dude's been doing that's just rather fun. Your comment seemed to have some of the hateful energy that filled the other forums. Well hey, oh well, and well guess I just gotta remember

5PLxQcf.gif

hahaha, hateful energy ok. make excuses so you can get away free. I'm done with it.

hahaha, hateful energy ok. make excuses so you can get away free. I'm done with it.

Sorry, really don't want to make the environment here toxic, I'm removing the image. Sorry, I sometimes project the hate of others onto others who mean humor(even if I don't catch it), and if I say to lay it off, I should probably be more careful on what I put up

Say with the ballot ending today, has anybody put in a last minute/final vote? and who have you guys voted for over the ballot? Personally, I voted for Captain Syrup, Sami(advance wars), Blue Falcon(Metal Combat), and K.Rool of course. Wish everyone best of luck, and I hope we find about the results sooner rather than later

Bomberman eh? 

Well he has an interesting playstyle, but he's definitely a ranged characte-

Oh Smash 4, not Smash Flash 2 gotcha

About K.Rool, Shovel Knight, whatever the result of this Smash Ballot may be you gotta just take the good with the bad I'd say. Since I don't have that much of an attachment to that character anyway I'll just see him as a new roster addition to an already awesome Smash roster.

Besides, I'll be enjoying the vast expanses of salt regardless tomorrow anyway.

Edited by TCB

I tend to read the "Stuff People Say" cartoons as mocking K. Rool fans, especially since it seems some of his supporters come off as dismissive about other characters even before the Ballot was announced.

I'm at a point of "if he gets in, great, but if not, oh well," because my interest in him as a potential fighter has waned greatly. I actually think he would've been a great addition back in Brawl, especially for the Subspace Emissary story, but I've never been too broken up about him.

As for the rest of the rumor, if there's any truth to it, I think I'm about done DLC characters. Wolf should never have been removed in the first place (same with Lucas), especially not when they put in a Mario variant. I've not played Bomberman or Shovel Knight, so I personally have no investment in them as characters (and I'm really scratching my head with Bomberman--looking it up, he's owned by Hudson, which is owned by Konami currently, and far as I know, they haven't been involved with Smash at all after Brawl). I think it's great for those that were pulling for any of these characters, if true, but I don't play Smash often enough right now to justify purchasing any of these particular characters if they do make it.

It'll be interesting to see if there are any surprises once the Ballot officially ends. Maybe I'll throw in a last minute vote even if the characters I'd most want don't have a chance in hell at this point.

Sorry, really don't want to make the environment here toxic, I'm removing the image. Sorry, I sometimes project the hate of others onto others who mean humor(even if I don't catch it), and if I say to lay it off, I should probably be more careful on what I put up

Say with the ballot ending today, has anybody put in a last minute/final vote? and who have you guys voted for over the ballot? Personally, I voted for Captain Syrup, Sami(advance wars), Blue Falcon(Metal Combat), and K.Rool of course. Wish everyone best of luck, and I hope we find about the results sooner rather than later

let's bury this thing in the past and start fresh.

So to answer your question I voted for 

Paper Mario

Kamek

and Kaptain K.Rool (cuz at that time I felt like a rebel)

I may go back in and vote for Metal Sonic. 

It's weird cuz the majority of characters I would have wanted are already in Smash.

Excuse you, it's four dollars per character. Some people smh. (unless you mean for both versions but I'm joking anyways so)

I'm still hoping for Isaac tbh. He's the only one I really really want at this point. Shovel Knight would be cool too but I've said that a billion times already. Shantae'd be fun?

I don't really care at this point, any new characters, Wolf or Snake would be wonderful.

• Thumbs Up 2

so uh

CQVe4xwWoAACHU1.jpg:large

a little detail everyone's seemingly forgotten about

Edited by Wraith

I'm seeing that making the rounds on twitter, but no-one is mentioning where it's coming from.  It's not on the official ballot page.

That is kind of weird that it pop up all of a sudden especially the day before the ballot ends.

let's bury this thing in the past and start fresh.

So to answer your question I voted for 

Paper Mario

Kamek

and Kaptain K.Rool (cuz at that time I felt like a rebel)

I may go back in and vote for Metal Sonic. 

It's weird cuz the majority of characters I would have wanted are already in Smash.

It's supposed to be 1 vote per person y'know.  I mean I'm sure you're far from the only person to do this and hopefully they have some basic safeguards in place (votes from repeat IPs etc) but yeah.

so uh

CQVe4xwWoAACHU1.jpg:large

a little detail everyone's seemingly forgotten about

I don't buy this. The guy who first posted it is claiming it's from Smashpedia and then said the Direct confirms it. But nobody else knows what he's talking about and I can't imagine a detail this important could slip past the awareness of literally every other person following Smash discussion. 

This detail isn't on any direct or legitimate Smash page that I've seen.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 2