Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

let's bury this thing in the past and start fresh.

So to answer your question I voted for 

Paper Mario

Kamek

and Kaptain K.Rool (cuz at that time I felt like a rebel)

I may go back in and vote for Metal Sonic. 

It's weird cuz the majority of characters I would have wanted are already in Smash.

It's supposed to be 1 vote per person y'know.  I mean I'm sure you're far from the only person to do this and hopefully they have some basic safeguards in place (votes from repeat IPs etc) but yeah.

so uh

CQVe4xwWoAACHU1.jpg:large

a little detail everyone's seemingly forgotten about

I don't buy this. The guy who first posted it is claiming it's from Smashpedia and then said the Direct confirms it. But nobody else knows what he's talking about and I can't imagine a detail this important could slip past the awareness of literally every other person following Smash discussion. 

This detail isn't on any direct or legitimate Smash page that I've seen.

Edited by Solly

It's supposed to be 1 vote per person y'know.  I mean I'm sure you're far from the only person to do this and hopefully they have some basic safeguards in place (votes from repeat IPs etc) but yeah.

I forgot to add that I voted once on my laptop, once on my phone and just for kicks I borrowed my mom's phone and voted there as well.

so uh

CQVe4xwWoAACHU1.jpg:large

a little detail everyone's seemingly forgotten about

Hmm, if this is real, (which I doubt), I assume only the most popular suggestions will be voted for and not every single one.

Because imagine what could go wrong if they had to take every one into mind, beyond being a utter nightmare to organize, polls like these are very easy to manipulate and certain people would go out the way to do so.

"Mr. Sakurai, sir, the votes from the poll are in!"

"Very well, who won?"

"Well, one guy put Errector from Transformers into the Smash Ballot and everyone voted for him!"

"..."

Plus, if this was the case, I would have voted for a certain pink cat.

Well congrats on cheating us honest voters out of multiple choices because we decided to respect the rules. =U

multiple people even on this forum have done in and it shouldn't be a shock to know that I'm not the only one  who voted with multiple ips. I atleast didn't spam vote the same character I shared the love

Edited by Tails spin

Personally don't see the big deal but eh

Also I fought this girl who was reaaaaallly salty after I beat her 6 times. When she finally beat me she called me a loser. Naturally, with my ego of iron, I wasn't fazed.

But geez, generally the girls I fight are really nice. It certainly took me by surprise. I'm not saying every girl on the planet is super nice or anything, but you get the gist.

Personally don't see the big deal but eh

The issue is namely that the poll will never be truly accurate because of how many people want to bend the rules.  The point was to choose the ONE character you want more than anyone else.  But, assuming a basic device track/IP track system is in place, it means that anyone with multiple devices or access to additional online connections get to vote more times than those who don't or don't wish to fiddle around with such measures.

Fact is, hypothetically (with greatly underexaggerated numbers in this example), a character could get in due to 50 people who decided to cheat, voting 5 times each via multiple IPs/devices, giving it 250 votes; while a character that more people care about would lose because even though 240 people voted, they all followed the rules and only did so once.

Honestly I voted Shantae, but I'd sooner see a character I hate like K. Rool get in honestly over Shantae getting in due to an overwhelming number of people rigging it with extra votes for her while all of K. Rool's fans voted just once.

Obviously, voting just once for multiple characters is not quite as bad nor even the same situation as this, but the results are still being unfairly affected by whether each voter happens to own multiple devices or not.

The issue is namely that the poll will never be truly accurate because of how many people want to bend the rules.  The point was to choose the ONE character you want more than anyone else.  But, assuming a basic device track/IP track system is in place, it means that anyone with multiple devices or access to additional online connections get to vote more times than those who don't or don't wish to fiddle around with such measures.

Fact is, hypothetically (with greatly underexaggerated numbers in this example), a character could get in due to 50 people who decided to cheat, voting 5 times each via multiple IPs/devices, giving it 250 votes; while a character that more people care about would lose because even though 240 people voted, they all followed the rules and only did so once.

Honestly I voted Shantae, but I'd sooner see a character I hate like K. Rool get in honestly over Shantae getting in due to an overwhelming number of people rigging it with extra votes for her while all of K. Rool's fans voted just once.

Obviously, voting just once for multiple characters is not quite as bad nor even the same situation as this, but the results are still being unfairly affected by whether each voter happens to own multiple devices or not.

Just a reminder that the ballot is more of a suggestion box than an election. The character with the most votes isn't guaranteed a spot in the game. It seems like they're just looking for trends more than anything. As long as a character has some form of popularity, they'll likely be considered for Smash 4 and beyond.

Granted, voting for a character multiple times could still influence that, but I doubt they wouldn't take that into account.

Sigh, Tails Spin, there's really no need for this mean sarcasm. Also Tiki Kong suffers Andross disease

on another note, the full gang from the video

k__rool_smashified_costumes_by_pavlovs_w

Also, interesting new rumor, it's from 4chan so take it with salt, but it's true so far(and I could roll with it)

https://archive.moe/v/thread/311810897/#311830578

Hidden Content

The Shovel Knight rumor is also "true so far" but I don't think that makes it look that much more credible. But I'd be down with that, especially Bomberman. 

I don't actually care too much who we get. I voted for SK, but I would be happy with just about anybody. 

Edited by Captain Fun

So long as Isaac gets in, they could put in Shrek and Goku for all I care.

...Well, that's going a bit far, but what I mean is that I have nothing against anyone else's wishes.  There are lots of good characters with lots of good reasons for being in the game.  The whole point of the ballot is that Sakurai's spoilt for choice.

I've all but accepted Sora's unlikely chance at appearing in Smash, so SK, Wolf and Isaac are really all I'm wanting to see. Though anyone else, I won't mind either at this point.

We'll have to wait until tomorrow, don't know when the Live stream is gonna hit, though. Don't know if we're even gonna get some news. Ever since Iwata's passing, and Kimishima's Rising, we haven't gotten any news of any streams that will reveal the new character content for Smash!