Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Rhythm Heaven has kind of been that sole missing seed to Smash's character roster by this point especially with how overly popular the Gematsu leaks got during the game's development. If any sort of RH rep ever happened it'd probably be the Chorus Kids or Karate Joe, and both could really make for an interesting moveset (a Rhythm Heaven stage would be so kickass too.....)

I'd still love to see Splatoon rep and Isaac finally playable too though. There would just be something really charming about facing an Inkling off against Mr Game & Watch or someone

oh yeah, all that aside, I also slapped together a little thing. I'm never going on For Glory ever again

Edited by Spinny
  • Thumbs Up 4

You know it's funny, the Chorus Kids are the Beeknees now, but before the rumors they were probably the tenth considered Rhythm Heaven character, with many others before them

the rumor made it clear it's a Nintendo character, so sadly, no Rayman.:/

Wasn't it said by Sakurai in a previous article that there's going to be several DLC characters based on ballot suggestions? I think we're good for a few more characters. 

Rayman or I fucking riot. That will be the greatest entertainment travesty 2015 all years on par with how utterly disappointing Age of Ultron was. I've had to see Rayman get abused and neglected by Ubisoft for fucking years and the best they gave us this year was a DLC ridden f2p game. I'm upset. 

I'm not losing him in Smash because the Fire Emblem fanbase is way too obsessed with dominating the Smash Roster. No, it's our turn. You have your reps, let us receive ours. You have enough

And please. 

Calm down about King K. Rool. Literally no one cares. He's a costume and that's good enough

Wasn't it said by Sakurai in a previous article that there's going to be several DLC characters based on ballot suggestions? I think we're good for a few more characters. 

Rayman or I fucking riot. That will be the greatest entertainment travesty 2015 all years on par with how utterly disappointing Age of Ultron was. I've had to see Rayman get abused and neglected by Ubisoft for fucking years and the best they gave us this year was a DLC ridden f2p game. I'm upset. 

I'm not losing him in Smash because the Fire Emblem fanbase is way too obsessed with dominating the Smash Roster. No, it's our turn. You have your reps, let us receive ours. You have enough

And please. 

Calm down about King K. Rool. Literally no one cares. He's a costume and that's good enough

Seriously? I mean, Rayman is a cool character, and Rayman 2 is one of my favourite games, but after the legends fiasco, Ubisoft has burned their bridges even further with Nintendo, even moreso than before. Also Micheal Munroe didn't even mention K.Rool, that's you venting your frustration. Also a costume isn't good enough for a character described IN-GAME as DK's Bowser, and it has no bearing on DLC results. Mind you what us Kremlings are after is his return in general, not solely in Smash, but there's no reason to throw your anger at us. Also even Fire Emblem fan's tend to agree they have more than enough characters, and I see very few of them thinking they need anymore through the ballot, they are content in the thought that they are likely to get a new one next game. Yes there is going to be several characters, and yes Rayman isn't impossible, but he's no more likely than any other third party with a relationship with Nintendo.

Yes I am a K.Rool fan, and yeah, I'd like to see him in smash, but I also support other characters as well. I wouldn't mind Dixie even, although at this point I think she'd be a better pick for Smash 5's starting roster then as a DLC newcomer, same as the Inklings. The Ballot seems the greatest hope for first party characters that have fallen to the wayside to finally get their chance in the sun, and that's what I'm hoping to see. I am hoping for at least one newcomer from an unrepresented franchise, one from a represented franchise, a villain and a female. personally I think we are getting 4 characters. However the purpose of upcoming dlc is all in fanservice and I don't really see a third party character fitting into that. I especially think the next 2 characters announced are going to be first party since we haven't gotten a single one yet as a newcomer, just as I think one of them will be female as well.

It seems obvious that you are indeed a passionate Rayman fan, however that is not Nintendo's fault for what happens, nor it his not getting into smash the fault of ANY other character's fanbase for smash, from Pico to Ganon, Bandanna Dee to Isaac or Captain Syrup to Krystal. or K.Rool, who happens to have a large passionate fanbase who simply want to see his resurgence after 7 years of near complete silence, and about 8-ish since his last main villain appearance(yes King of Swing on DS counts).

We simply need to wait and see what happens next, though I do hope Nintendo doesn't keep us completely in the dark for much longer, and that we get a Direct next week, the entire Nintendo fanbase could use it.

Edited by Mando
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fair enough. I'm still likely going to be very upset with the results though unless something really spectacular happens. 

Fair enough. I'm still likely going to be very upset with the results though unless something really spectacular happens. 

What about a Villains Pack, with Captain Syrup, K.Rool, Ganon and Black Bull(prefer Pico, but he has a small fanbase, and couldn't think of a first party villain from an unrepped franchise)

Rayman being in or not isn't really dependent on Nintendo; it's only if Ubisoft wants to play ball.  One gets the impression that Rayman's developers are pretty keen, as I recall they decided to do the trophy model for him themselves, but it's not their call, it's the executives'.

What about a Villains Pack, with Captain Syrup, K.Rool, Ganon and Black Bull(prefer Pico, but he has a small fanbase, and couldn't think of a first party villain from an unrepped franchise)

I would support Captain Syrup, but her present design is a bit generic for my tastes.  That's literally my only objection, though; otherwise it'd be great to see her get in.  Won't happen, though.

People keep saying "Oh Ubisoft burned bridges with Nintendo so Rayman can't be in" etc. etc. but I...don't really think that means anything? Like, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't really think that would be a factor in whether or not Sakurai (or Nintendo in general, even) would want a character in. It seems kind of petty.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's extremely petty, but I don't care. After that Smash Hoax all I've ever wanted is for Rayman to manage to get into Smash. Ubisoft even made a tweet pushing for it. 

I know they burned bridges but I was hoping there'd be a chance. I need results from this ballot, the wait is killing me inside. I'm sorry for pissing on everyone else's parade. I'm just.... really, really anxious

Edited by LongcrierCat

Why do people keep asking for Ganon in Smash when Ganondorf is already there? It's probably the most redundant character they could add at this point. The Zelda series has more than enough villains to pick from.

• Thumbs Up 3

Captain Syrup is my most wanted villain, but the Smash series refuses to acknowledge that the WL series even exists, save for like one song in Smash Wii U

Toon Ganondorf I do want.... On one hand we have regular Ganondorf but on the other his WW counterpart is guaranteed to play entirely differently due to dual sword-wielding.

Why do people keep asking for Ganon in Smash when Ganondorf is already there? It's probably the most redundant character they could add at this point. The Zelda series has more than enough villains to pick from.

I meant Pig Ganon to be precise, Trident Wielder would be sick. Also Veran or Onox would be cool but their odds are extremely low

I meant Pig Ganon to be precise, Trident Wielder would be sick. Also Veran or Onox would be cool but their odds are extremely low

There are other villains besides those three though. Skull Kid or Ghirahim would actually add diversity to the roster. Not to mention they're actually well known unlike Veran or Onox. 

I don't really want Ganon, either. And the problem with other villains save Vaati is they're all one-offs. Being in HW does not count, unfortunately, since that game is unlikely to ever get any representation in Smash. If we start getting another recurring villain, say someone like Ghirahim who acts as Ganondorf's subordinate in future titles, then sure, I'd be fine with another Zelda villain.

Because Ganon would work completely differently and all the other "Zelda villains" are one-offs who are extremely unlikely to ever end up in Smash. I don't think Zelda will get another playable character unless there's either A.) overwhelming support for one specific character over all the others (and even that I don't think has helped much), B.) Impa appears in a future Zelda game and isn't a ninja (unlikely since the current implication is that the Sheikah largely are inspired by ninjas in general), or C.) Aonuma starts adding more characters as recurring characters in the future.

Or perhaps D.) they decide to add Tingle to spite the haters (God I hope not).

I think C.) is the most likely to happen, and even that's extremely iffy if they'll actually do it.

Because Ganon would work completely differently and all the other "Zelda villains" are one-offs who are extremely unlikely to ever end up in Smash. I don't think Zelda will get another playable character unless there's either A.) overwhelming support for one specific character over all the others (and even that I don't think has helped much), B.) Impa appears in a future Zelda game and isn't a ninja (unlikely since the current implication is that the Sheikah largely are inspired by ninjas in general), or C.) Aonuma starts adding more characters as recurring characters in the future.

Or perhaps D.) they decide to add Tingle to spite the haters (God I hope not).

I think C.) is the most likely to happen, and even that's extremely iffy if they'll actually do it.

I don't think a one off would be ignored for the game if enough demand was made. Especially since the standards for who can get in logically lower each time a new Smash is released. There aren't really many "rules" as to who can get in and the few that do exist change all the time. I could see Skull Kid or Midna making Smash 5, for example if one of them doesn't make this one. 

People keep saying "Oh Ubisoft burned bridges with Nintendo so Rayman can't be in" etc. etc. but I...don't really think that means anything? Like, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't really think that would be a factor in whether or not Sakurai (or Nintendo in general, even) would want a character in. It seems kind of petty.

okay let's use Konami for example. They've literally burned their bridges. Do you really think Konami currently would give the okay for Snake to show up in Smash again despite his high request? Burning bridges means you're also burning relationship had with people, a lot of the time in businesses. So Nintendo likely wouldn't want to associate themselves.

with Ubisoft, I just figured since they seem to dislike Nintendo consoles and they've shifted their attention to mainly "hardcore super cool" gamers, with the occasional crap dance game, they just don't care enough to wanna get him in Smash.

Also, I want Hades for my villain choice.

Edited by Michael Munroe

Wasn't Ubisoft asking people on Twitter to vote for Rayman in the smash ballot?

Wasn't Ubisoft asking people on Twitter to vote for Rayman in the smash ballot?

I thought that was Wayforward. If it was Ubisoft, they were likely just acknowledging that they were aware people wanted him, and just told them to direct their requests there. Though I honestly don't think Ubisoft has had that much faith in him being that high.

Edited by Michael Munroe

Oh come on you guys, we know the fan favorite recent Zelda character everyone wants in Smash, and in the next Zelda: Groose!

The Rayman Twitter occasionally retweeted tweets of fans that wanted Rayman in Smash, and I think when the Ballot popped up back in April, they did a Facebookpost encouraging People to vote for him, so the interest seems to be there.

Also, Rayman Legends has three trophies specifically made for Smash U in the game, so even Nintendo doesn't seem to be too sour about the whole Rayman Legends Situation when they gave them such a Treatment - isn't Rayman, besides Bit.Trip, the only third Party Franchise in Smash that has trophies in Smash without being otherwise represented in the game? I'd say that's a rather big feat.

All I'm trying to say is: I don't think neither Nintendo nor Ubisoft are against having Rayman in Smash. I don't know how much demand there is for him (is he popular in Japan? Not sure.), but if there is a significant amount of demand to warrant his inclusion, I'm rather sure the two would go for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't think of any Zelda characters I want that aren't originally from Hyrule Warriors. Mainly because there aren't many Zelda characters I like. :V

I really wish Link at least could get a HW model. He's really ugly in this game for some reason.

I'm still seeing Groose more as a assist trophy tbh.

@Lucina you weren't here when the first Smash trailer released were you?

Oh yeah forgot about Rayman being a trophy in U. Was that before or after the fiasco? If he dos get on, the amiibo would look ugly as all I know that much.

Edited by Michael Munroe

I'm not that fussed about Ganon since Ganondorf is an infinitely more interesting character I think, and Ganon would have the same issue as Ridley where he is too imposing a force to be scaled down and still be satisfying to "be".

He would make a cooler final Smash than specifically Beast Ganon from TP, but might be a bit too similar to Giga Bowser as a concept I guess.  Although... not that it really matters when we have several characters with shared final Smashes already.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm still seeing Groose more as a assist trophy tbh.

@Lucina you weren't here when the first Smash trailer released were you?

Oh yeah forgot about Rayman being a trophy in U. Was that before or after the fiasco? If he dos get on, the amiibo would look ugly as all I know that much.

You mean on the forums? I don't think so.

Also Globox and Barbara got trophies too, in case you didn't know. :P