Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

*Facepalm*, I said I thought the Inklings would be cool, and heck, I'm thinking they are likely too, though I hope/believe they may not be the only ones announced, and it feels like they would hopefully throw us a bone regarding the ballot.

EDIT: Even then, what's wrong with it being a character picked from the ballot?

EH, it's not so much if it's a chosen character that happens to be in the ballot, but more so, my worrying of potential ballot-slot driven choices being squandered, however many there may be. Not to mention, personally I'm still currently rooting for certain characters that don't fit the particular bill that this leaker is describing said character with so I'd rather not see their chances of getting in, cut down a few ratios already.;)

Edited by Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

The entire point of the ballot was to throw fans a bone anyways. Honestly, people expecting something out of the ballot so soon are silly in my mind. It -just- ended at the beginning of this month. Even if any ballot characters were being worked on from the early points of the ballot, and even if any of them were done by now, Companies choose specific dates for their products and content that make sense from a business standpoint. Many games are done at least a month before its release- why have the release date later than when the game is done (and in fact manufactured fully in many cases)? To align it with a specific event or purpose, ie holiday release, to time it when no other competing games/events would take spotlight away, to spread out info so there's less droughts in news, to release the content/product with others to supplement a good software/hardware period. Or in Nintendo's case specifically, maybe they're saving it for the next Nintendo Direct (which is waiting on good timing to announce many products at once).

I'm not even super knowledgeable about business, but even I know that timing is everything. If you release something too often or too infrequently, more people will lose interest sooner than later. You do it at the right interval, you keep interest for as long as possible. This is one regard that I think Nintendo actually usually plans out quite well, despite the Wii U's software droughts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3oh2d0/spoilers_sean_leaks_new_character_accidentally/

Seem like Sean (the dude works on Smashified) leaked a new character possibly. Again, don't get hope up to high just in case.

It could just be he was trying to have a casual conversation and people took it the wrong way. His conversation could've easily just been about

Splatoon specifically and not him teasing the new character as Inklings.

Incidentally that's exactly what he said it was. He deleted the tweets to try and avoid people jumping to conclusions, which probably only made things worse.

The main problem with this logic is that Sakurai HAS to have been working on characters the past few months since the last batch finished. He's keeping the team together, they're not going to keep the team together and simply not do anything except a few stages. Even though it may be a smaller team, they still have to be doing SOMETHING, and the stages aren't enough to keep it going.

And yes, they very well could've picked the most hyped, quickest ballot characters (quick as in 100% owned by Nintendo, most hyped as in the characters getting the most attention right at the start) early on in the ballot, and plan to have more produced later.

Edited by JaidynReiman
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know it's going to be interesting to see all the forums explode when a direct/character finally is announced... from happiness hopefully

I honestly would rather have a splatoon stage than having a splatoon rep if all this splatoon rumor/talk is true. I just think that an ink based stage where if possible the ink makes the player slip would be rather interesting to play on.

Edited by Tails spin
cuz the english grammar can be confusing at times.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I honestly wonder if people would have been more open to a Splatoon character, had the leaks and speculation around them not existed.

I honestly would rather have a splatoon stage than having a splatoon rep if all this splatoon rumor/talk is true. I just think that an ink based stage were if possible the ink makes the player slip would be rather interesting to play on.

No reason why they can't have both. Only thing I can think of that they'd have to worry about is keeping the ink colors of the characters and level separate, which wouldn't be too difficult.

• Thumbs Up 1

No reason why they can't have both. Only thing I can think of that they'd have to worry about is keeping the ink colors of the characters and level separate, which wouldn't be too difficult.

Yeah. and I wouldn't mind having both but I just couldn't see myself playing as an inkling alot. I would still purchase it since I have told myself that I want all character trophies while not really caring to have all stages which is why I have none of the retro stages.

I honestly wonder if people would have been more open to a Splatoon character, had the leaks and speculation around them not existed.

Now that Splatoon is the likely option people are just gonna be frustrated and throw hate at it. It happens every time. 

My personal idea for a Splatoon stage would be one where the ink acts as slidey like ice as oppose to bringing back any kind of tripping mechanics, god no lol.

I also like the idea of Inklings fighting in the background and occasionally inking up the foreground.  In team matches, the inks would match the colours of the teams being used.  When standing in (or having leapt from) your team's ink, you do more damage/take less damage.

The only issue would be if Inkling was the newcomer, their attacks would presumebly involve ink, and it would be sort of awkward/confusing to have them shooting ink  (even temporarily) over the top of the stage's ink that doesn't affect the match in the same way.

My personal idea for a Splatoon stage would be one where the ink acts as slidey like ice as oppose to bringing back any kind of tripping mechanics, god no lol.

I also like the idea of Inklings fighting in the background and occasionally inking up the foreground.  In team matches, the inks would match the colours of the teams being used.  When standing in (or having leapt from) your team's ink, you do more damage/take less damage.

The only issue would be if Inkling was the newcomer, their attacks would presumebly involve ink, and it would be sort of awkward/confusing to have them shooting ink  (even temporarily) over the top of the stage's ink that doesn't affect the match in the same way.

Yeah I was think more of the sliding like ice as you said more than tripping.

Somehow I have a feeling that the character isn't going to be an inkling but at the same time I can't really think of any first party characters that aren't in yet (and are surprisingly not in yet) that can fit the description. 

Somehow I have a feeling that the character isn't going to be an inkling but at the same time I can't really think of any first party characters that aren't in yet (and are surprisingly not in yet) that can fit the description. 

Hmm, good point Isaac's only hope seems to lie in the ballot as does Krystal, and I don't see Dixie as someone who's super expected, not would she create a huge uproar. K.Rool's got long term strong supports since melee days that's been evident, But in terms of the Ballot the only 2 he falls second to are Wolf, and possibly Inklings due to the more quiet fanbase(though oddly enough prior to release Nintendo actually didn't see them being the huge success they were)

I'd say who, or rather Whom are up next is still quite a mystery, but I think we're in for 2 characters announced, even if not necessarily released together. We know two are nearly finished, since they were far enough to be added to the code when Royu released(the 2 mario slots in the code), and that a third has reached in-game testing at least if the third mario is any indicator

I kinda speculated a little on what an Inkling would play like. Basically:

• Mix-up character
  • Splattershot/Jr. for range - Similar to Fox in power and speed
  • Roller for close-up - Similar to Ike in power and speed
  • Got them hype movement options
    • Setting up ink to move faster (kinda like Wrastor in Rivals of Aether)
  • Super Jump for a recovery, however it doesn't put you in freefall (like in Splatoon, you can act out of it)

Annnnnnnnd that's all I can think of to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Inklings got in, and pic of the day still existed, I bet my life that Sakurai would have had a pic of a inkling with all the kid characters of Smash, and referencing that it can be a squid and a kid lol.

I kinda speculated a little on what an Inkling would play like. Basically:

• Mix-up character
  • Splattershot/Jr. for range - Similar to Fox in power and speed
  • Roller for close-up - Similar to Ike in power and speed
  • Got them hype movement options
    • Setting up ink to move faster (kinda like Wrastor in Rivals of Aether)
  • Super Jump for a recovery, however it doesn't put you in freefall (like in Splatoon, you can act out of it)

Annnnnnnnd that's all I can think of to be honest.

Paint Brush for Smash attacks through.

If the Inklings ever make it into Smash, I hope the Inkling amiibo figures work with it. The Splatoon amiibo have no games which read and write data to the figure. The Splatoon game just reads the data, nothing gets saved other than the nickname and owner information.

In other news, I'm glad I'm improving more with my Smash skills nowadays. I can actually dodge and grab decently instead of constantly going on the aggressive side. Now I just need to bother using the shield.

If the Inklings ever make it into Smash, I hope the Inkling amiibo figures work with it. The Splatoon amiibo have no games which read and write data to the figure. The Splatoon game just reads the data, nothing gets saved other than the nickname and owner information.

In other news, I'm glad I'm improving more with my Smash skills nowadays. I can actually dodge and grab decently instead of constantly going on the aggressive side. Now I just need to bother using the shield.

Of course it would work. It'd probably be either Boy or Girl Inkling that'd work, while the Smash Line Amiibo for Splatoon would probably only be female Inkling (since they'd default to female).

Ehhhhhhhhhh, slightly bad idea considering the new shield mechanics. Smash 4 is a more offensive game compared to Brawl now. Much closer to Melee now as opposed to the solid middle ground that it was.

Ehhhhhhhhhh, slightly bad idea considering the new shield mechanics. Smash 4 is a more offensive game compared to Brawl now. Much closer to Melee now as opposed to the solid middle ground that it was.

Alrighty, I'll keep that in mind. I do need to use the shield in some aspects, though. My reflexes aren't the best in terms of using it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yo, guys. Lately, I've been playing as Jigglypuff a lot recently and I think she has a really fun playstyle that I could easily get behind. I especially like her fast and strong aerials, and good punish game. This is the first Smash game where I've really bothered playing as Jiggly, so this is new territory for me. Can anybody give me pointers on how to play her well?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yo, guys. Lately, I've been playing as Jigglypuff a lot recently and I think she has a really fun playstyle that I could easily get behind. I especially like her fast and strong aerials, and good punish game. This is the first Smash game where I've really bothered playing as Jiggly, so this is new territory for me. Can anybody give me pointers on how to play her well?

Jigglypuff can get instantly punished because of how easily it is to KO her, so you'll have to be way more careful not getting hit. Definitely play a defensive/aerial kind of game.