Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Jigglypuff can get instantly punished because of how easily it is to KO her, so you'll have to be way more careful not getting hit. Definitely play a defensive/aerial kind of game.

Not to mention that if Jigglypuff's shield gets broken, she's instantly KO'd. It's what makes fighting characters like Bowser, Marthcina and Ike so difficult because some of their specific attacks deal massive shield damage. I know she has a poor ground game so I'll take your word for being aerial and defensive.

Jigglypuff's Ground game isn't that bad. Uptilt is a good starting combo, and her jab usually links into a dash attack, FSmash, or grab. Dtilt and Down Smash are really good for killing opponents because it slides them diagonally downwards, more so with Down Smash. They're good punishes, especially for Tall/Heavy characters. You can be pretty flexible with Jigglypuff, you just need to be wary of how much punishment you can take before it leads to a KO. Defensive play is optimal, but it's pretty good on the offensive too.

• Thumbs Up 2

And don't forget the singing up b. It's like a voice of an angel. 

definitely don't wanna forget her rest. If your at kill percent and you put yourself at a bad position, you are getting fucking bopped!! Lol

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno bout all y'all but smash 4 is hype.

Zero has won 50+ consecutive tourneys and nairo finally ended the streak. That was so hype.

Edited by jords
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this video and through it'd be an interesting watch for Lucas mains. It's felt like Lucas wasn't as good as he was in Brawl for a while to me, but this further shows how much he was neutered.

Ah yes, Smash... I pretty much completely dropped the game, honestly. I just... Got tired of it, I suppose. Last time I played was with some friends of mine. 8-player Smash on a small TV, that was fun. One of the kids was like, 4 and played as Pikachu, hehe.

But yeah I've no desire to play it for a while. Originally I just dropped For Glory but now I can't bring myself to even turn it on.

At this point, I don't even think DLC is enough to keep me invested. I mean, I got all the new characters so far, and that really only added a few extra hours before I got bored again.

It's interesting that you guys are at that point because I'm actually the opposite right now: I've been getting back into the game and often playing it a few times a day when I have free time. Then again, it could be because I already stopped playing it for a while around late spring of this year, so my view of the game is fresher again.

Most of my playtime is also just trying to complete challenges and get all the trophies by clearing Classic/All-Star with each character, so who knows if I'll still want to play it after that.

At the very least, if the next DLC character is announced soon, I'll be more hyped for it than I would've been previously.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's interesting that you guys are at that point because I'm actually the opposite right now: I've been getting back into the game and often playing it a few times a day when I have free time. Then again, it could be because I already stopped playing it for a while around late spring of this year, so my view of the game is fresher again.

Most of my playtime is also just trying to complete challenges and get all the trophies by clearing Classic/All-Star with each character, so who knows if I'll still want to play it after that.

At the very least, if the next DLC character is announced soon, I'll be more hyped for it than I would've been previously.

I'm just really sensitive and had been insulted on For Glory several times (usually because I won). I know it's a petty reason, but man...

I'll probably pick it up again once a new character is announced. Maybe. I don't know. If it's Isaac, Shadow (KEK) or Shovel Knight then definitely.

I'm just really sensitive and had been insulted on For Glory several times (usually because I won). I know it's a petty reason, but man...

I'll probably pick it up again once a new character is announced. Maybe. I don't know. If it's Isaac, Shadow (KEK) or Shovel Knight then definitely.

For Glory is a terrible mode, I still don't get why people still play it when it's a cesspool full of spammers or cocky shitheads who insult you through the tags. The mode isn't even a good measure of your skill at all, so don't let it get you down.

I always have a good laugh at For Glory. Even when they fling insults its usually nothing worth getting upset over. I find it pretty funny most of the time. 

If it werent for FG i wouldnt have gems like this:

• Thumbs Up 4

The only reason I ever go near For Glory is either in hopes of maybe finding a good sport (actually has happened more times in the past than I wouldve expected) or for pure hilarity. Sometimes FG matches can be literally the most hype thing ever and sometimes you get gems that are just... well...

• Thumbs Up 2

I still play frequently but only the 3DS version when I'm out and about and have time to kill.  Which sucks because I've beaten all the single player content I can be bothered with so I pretty much lately have just been playing random matches against CPUs on Super Mario Maker.  Awesome stage due to it's lack of overwhelming hazards, though the frequency of it generating a stage with walk-offs is kinda lame (even as a casual player who doesn't care for playing on omega stages all the time, I've come to understand how easy it is to get cheap kills with those).

I'm always wishing I was playing the Wii U one though, better stage selection, and I still have at least half the cast to finish Classic or All-Star with... but when I'm at home I have my computer and a whole bunch of other games to entertain me.

Edited by JezMM

Meh, I've been completely burnt out on Smash for months now, the only times I even play it is when we're doing it for Game Night.

the true question is if my link still deflects @Felix's d3's stuff.

tbh, I've been pretty much addicted to this game since forever.

Since I got Melee, I would play like every chance that I got all the time, until Brawl came out, and the same goes for Brawl until Smash 4 came out. Adding DLC really freshens up the experience which gives it all the more replay value to me personally. Especially when I play on For Glory, since more often than not, I usually face off against some really really skilled players, bitter or not. 

I honestly don't think that there's anything that could turn me away from the game.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, then that I understand. I haven't played For Glory since around the time the game came out and the only online I play is against my brother in With Friends. That would kind of turn me off too, as that's what happened with PlayStation All-Stars with me at some points (and that game had mic support, and people were just nasty sometimes).

Like Felix said, I wouldn't let it get you down, as it's still a great game with a lot to offer even though I have issues with it sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still waiting for a decent price for the Wii U version, but I still play 3DS every now and then. I don't play online unless I'm with friends (hint-hint), and I only have decent wi-fi at my house, which I'm only at Friday-Sunday. So I do most of my handheld Smashing alone. *snicker*

I just hope I get to break my Gamecube controller back out soon. And play as K. Rool.

Yeah I'm on the "I'm bored with Smash" train myself. I do wanna say its because I can't update it due to having a lack of memory space but the game seems kind of lacking compared to the other games in its series. Yeah its fun to play with other people but that's all the fun I can have with the game.

Maybe if it had more to do then maybe I'd like it more. But eh, its honestly becoming my least favorite entry in the series.

#conversialstatements

I dunno bout all y'all but smash 4 is hype.

Zero has won 50+ consecutive tourneys and nairo finally ended the streak. That was so hype.

Amazing. Yes, it was about a month ago, but I'm just now reading it. Amazing job by Nairo.

Edited by DarkDefeater

I'd probably play it more if my brother stopped throwing my controllers. He's convinced the game is legitimately out to get him - and considering some of the item spawns I've seen him set up with (seriously, you ever seen a bob-omb show up right in front of you while you're charging a smash attack? To memory, that alone has happened to him at least three times), it's kind of hard to blame him.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm on a hiatus from the game after completing every challenge on the Wii U version. Which was brutal. I plan on getting back to it once the new content hits but right now I don't want to burn myself out. I'm gonna play a lot more regularly as soon as there's new fighters to pick from.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 3

The only challenge I don't have is the headwear one. I used a hammer for the metroid smash tour one (which I shouldn't have because it was super easy) and the custom moves one (I do NOT have the patience to get every flippin' custom move in the game).

God, Classic on 9.0 without dying once was the most stressful and satisfying thing ever. Aside from Lingering Will, hehe. Did anyone else get that challenge aside from Solly? I used Yoshi.

Decided to continue my amiibo Training sessions and finished getting Bowser Jr. to level 50. His name is "Lil'BowWow" and he already beat some of my best amiibo (like Sonic, Villager, Marth and 8-Bit Modern Mario) in an 8-Player Smash. What kind of monster did I make? Anyway, I can say that with all that training, I managed to get used to Bowser Jr's gameplay.

On to Mr. Game & Watch!

I've already completed all the challenges, on 3ds. I think that probably burnt me out most. I'm selling my 3DS tomorrow anyway so eh. Hopefully even though I won't have a Nintendo console when the new club Nintendo thing comes out, my DLC and data will still be stored on my id.