Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I posted here in the early days of smash when I beat the 9.0 challenge without dying once. 

Greatest moment. 

I still enjoy playing this game. It's still been my main game to pick up and play since it came out. Probably because I play it competitively so I'm tryna get more and more better in this game by improving my sonic skills as well as improving my overall gameplay in smash. Unlocking everything was pretty fun and tiresome. Too bad I unlocked everything in a month. After that it was just competitive play from there. So casual matches too of course because items are so fun lol even though most of it is so cheap but I love that anyways.

As I casually played brawl I can see how it can get boring after while and then it becomes that game you turn on after you finally got people to play with and them afterwards you never touch it again lol.

For glory is good and bad. You get spammers, opponents who try to insult you using tags and then you get good sports, skillful players and not so good players. (Free wins aye! Lol)

I'd say be careful going into it if you want to get some good practice. (I should take my own advice cause I still go in and hope to find some good players XD) It's pretty good for getting a feel for a new character you wanna try out.

II only ended up using one hammer to skip a challenge which was getting all the headgear for miis. I swear it takes ages to get at least oneheadwear damn. I still haven't gotten all of to! I I gave up trying to get new ones but I kepted getting old ones.

And I thought getting the custom moves would be hard but nope that one was at least more consistent. Equipment is just endless. I got like over 2000, probably way more lol. And those are hardly used even in casual play.but I guess it's mostly for smash run and smash tour.

I'm just really having a tough time getting the All-Star Mode challenge of beating it with every character on Hard esp. beating it with characters I like the least and not good at i.e. Olimar/Alph, Villager, and currently Wii-Fit Trainer. I mean had to try nearly over 20-30 times just beat Olimar's.

I'm just really having a tough time getting the All-Star Mode challenge of beating it with every character on Hard esp. beating it with characters I like the least and not good at i.e. Olimar/Alph, Villager, and currently Wii-Fit Trainer. I mean had to try nearly over 20-30 times just beat Olimar's.

Olimar and Shiek gave me more trouble than any other character in All-Star. I got WFT surprisingly quickly but I did it after she got quite a few buffs so that was probably part of it. :V

For Olimar, U-tilt and U-Smash are some of his best moves, but it still felt like I was just getting lucky and exploiting the stupid AI by standing on parts of the map they had to jump at me to get to (like the grate platform in the Galaxy Stage). 

If anyone's having a hard time getting headwear items for Miis, I got that the same way I got all that gold.

• Make a custom Mario.
  • Give him the fast fireball, and three custom parts. The first should let him get invincibility if he scores the first hit of the round. The second should let him start with a bat, and the third should let him swing the bat twice as fast.
  • Play Crazy Orders.
  • Get invincible off of a first strike fireball, and swing away. Don't pick horde matches late in the game.
  • I think my record is like, 30.
  • Acquire a towering pillar of hats.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Olimar was pretty tough because all his smash attacks can be reflected. Ugh.

Speaking of, did you people notice how certain attacks seemed to launch you much farther than normally? Specifically some projectiles like Samus' Charge Shot and Olimar's smash attacks, and other moves like Ness' up smash and Charizard's Flare Blitz. I have no idea why...

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of, did you people notice how certain attacks seemed to launch you much farther than normally? Specifically some projectiles like Samus' Charge Shot and Olimar's smash attacks, and other moves like Ness' up smash and Charizard's Flare Blitz. I have no idea why...

Yeah, I dunno, I think they get strength buffs on the hardest difficulty, because I spar with bots all day and I know that they don't hit THAT hard.

Nonetheless though, after coming back to it, Classic 9.0 and All-Star on Hard were surprisingly easy after getting into competitive Smash. Is the Wii U version's Classic and All-Star modes any more difficult when compared to 3ds? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Olimar was pretty tough because all his smash attacks can be reflected. Ugh.

Yes. I noticed this, and it's what makes All-Star difficult. Every single one of Olimar's moves that use Pikmin will knock you back like that, even if they don't leave his hands. It happens to almost any move where the thing that causes knockback is separate from the character itself. For every other attack, your opponents have a universal penalty on their knockback and damage output, but it doesn't apply to those some. 

I don't know why it's like this. I doubt they play-tested it very much. I feel like decided it was sufficiently hard and called it a day. The final result is just insanely frustrating. 

Yeah, I dunno, I think they get strength buffs on the hardest difficulty, because I spar with bots all day and I know that they don't hit THAT hard.

Nonetheless though, after coming back to it, Classic 9.0 and All-Star on Hard were surprisingly easy after getting into competitive Smash. Is the Wii U version's Classic and All-Star modes any more difficult when compared to 3ds? 

The Wii U version of All-Star is harder. So is the AI in general. Level 9 bots on Wii U are smarter and perfect block a lot more. Also the WIi U version loads the characters faster so you spend more time fighting them in groups.

Classic is harder in the Wii U version and also not as fun. 

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 2

The difficulty in Smash 4 just goes way beyond the threshold of what I find fun. Stupid bullshit like Master Fortress, the entirety of Classic in general, and All-Star just isn't fun. It isn't. These modes were fun before but they sure as hell aren't now.

• Thumbs Up 3

You know what I really hate? How damn tedious it is to unlock custom moves. And when you do unlock some through playing 1P modes, it gives you customs you already have unlocked. So bloody annoying.

• Thumbs Up 8

I've nearly unlocked all custom moves due to Smash Run. Don't ask me to do it in the Wii U version...

• Thumbs Up 2

Master Fortress is pretty easy since you can actually grab the enemies there. The dude himself is much harder IMO. Specifically the Blades and the EEEEVVIILLLL clone of your character. *shudders*

I find the single player modes to be fun, but I do wish we'd get an Arcade kind of mode, like the original Classic modes.

On the subject of modes, I Googled and found out that I alone am the sole human being who enjoys Smash Tour. ö

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not that Master Fortress is brutally hard but it's the fact that it comes after two bosses and isn't even in one version of the game that makes it fucking infuriating, especially since chances are you've lost a life already and one mistake can cost you a 0.5 drop in difficulty

You know what I really hate? How damn tedious it is to unlock custom moves. And when you do unlock some through playing 1P modes, it gives you customs you already have unlocked. So bloody annoying.

Yeah, it's really stupid. I think they wanted to try and make the item system like a loot game, akin to Dragon's Crown, or Borderlands. You play and have the chance to get cool stuff. What makes it bullshit is that not only should you have this stuff from the beginning, but having a duplicate item doesn't do anything for you. It can't be made into something else because the in-game economy is completely arbitrary. 

Also Master Fortress took me quite a few tries. I used Ike to get the Level 9 achievements. Having a big brawny character with a counter helps, especially for the dog phase. I did the no-death run first with customs, and that was sufficient practice for doing it without them. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Getting to the master hand is more difficult than the boss. The cpus are cheap as fuck and 8 player smash is just too random. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I just find it ridiculous that if you were a fan of Adventure mode in either of the two previous games, ALL the content in Smash 4 that is at all related to that gameplay is tucked away and only accessible in a very high difficulty form, where repeated failure eventually bars access to it - when all previous games in the series had a policy of "you can keep trying as long as you can pay for the honour".

If it was up to me, I'd have made it something like... you get set a challenge on each Classic mode stage.  Passing that challenge is optional, but for each one you manage, a phase is added to the final battle.  Things like "Defeat Link first!" or "Clear the stage taking less than 50% damage!"  Not good at the game?  You can play on 1.0, still try these challenges, and still experience all the bosses at your preferred difficulty level.  If you fail a challenge but really want to fight Master Fortress?  The choice to reset the stage after failure could even be added to the stage clear screen. ("Continue" "Retry Challenge" etc).

Would've made the mode a bit more interesting than just being a bunch of boringly short 1 stock matches against CPUs too by giving you little randomised objectives.

• Thumbs Up 4

Smash Bros for the Wii U is super fun! My best is Link, I usually do very well with him. Wish I had more memory on my hard drive though, I haven't played online since the game first came out.

After Game Night, I can say that I definitely underestimated my Smash abilities.... at least by a bit.

I thought I'd absolutely blow, but hey, it didn't happen! :) 

Just bought more memory for my Wii U so I could play Smash online! Hate I missed the tournament, I'll try and make the next one! But has anyone noticed a lot of lag lately while playing online? Or is it just me? My internet is fine, but everyone I play with has been very laggy.

Just bought more memory for my Wii U so I could play Smash online! Hate I missed the tournament, I'll try and make the next one! But has anyone noticed a lot of lag lately while playing online? Or is it just me? My internet is fine, but everyone I play with has been very laggy.

The online is basically a "peer to peer" system so what that means is if the other player have a bad connection, then the match is going to be extremely laggy.

Speaking of...

Are we gonna have another tourney anytime in the future?

I know I can't join but I'd like to see another SSMB event happening sometime.

• Thumbs Up 3

Speaking of...

Are we gonna have another tourney anytime in the future?

I know I can't join but I'd like to see another SSMB event happening sometime.

I've been wanting to propose aa tourney where only low-tier characters would be allowed. I think it'd be pretty interesting imo.

How low tier?

Also, based on which tier list? I see people with very different opinions on this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

How low tier?

Low to bottom tiers, I'd say.

Here's the characters I was thinking of:

• Miis (1111s only)
  • Zelda
  • Ganondorf
  • Samus
  • Mewtwo
  • Jigglypuff
  • Bowser
  • King Dedede
  • Palutena
  • Charizard
  • Lucina
  • Dr. Mario
  • Little Mac
  • Duck Hunt
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Shulk
  • Wii Fit Trainer

I was originally going to include Kirby and Robin but with the results they've got and the fact they go quite well against a good amount of the cast (hell, Kirby goes even with ZSS and Sheik), I decided to cut them out.

Also, based on which tier list? I see people with very different opinions on this. 

I'd just base it on the Smashboards community tier list since it's the best we've got at the moment. It's gonna be a long, long time before we get our first tier list considering how commonly Nintendo patches the game.

Edited by Felix

if a low tier tourney happened I'd be all up for it, it could be interesting plus give me a reason to use WFT more who I've been interested in lately, plus a bit of Zelda and Lucina too.

and the usual shulk wreckage that too