Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

And now you're on my enemies for life list. No one messes with the De-3.

(being underpowered is a shit reason to remove a character anyway, since they can just...make him better)

Lol, very good point., especially since I said something similar towards Jigglypuff. I just don't like him in SSB though. I think Waddle Dee would be much better in his place. Kirby only really needs 1 extra character though.

So, let's dissect Mega Man's moveset, shall we?

*Very well doubt I'll get many of these correct since the Wii U controller has more buttons than a GCN controller, which I am basing my interpretations from.

0:30 - His walking animation, and already his attack catches my eye. He's attacking while he's walking? With no suddden stop or end lag? That's something that hasn't been done before. Maybe one of the shoulder triggers enables that? Can/Will this be implemented in other movesets?

0:32 - Him using that same basic attack from before but this time while jumping leads me to believe that's Megaman's Neutral Special attack.

0:34 - His slide maneuver. He doesn't appear to crouch or break into a dash, so the move being his Down tilt or his Dash Attack is unlikely. Maybe a move you can use by sliding your finger or stylus on the touch screen?

0:35 - SHORYUKEN. Maybe an Up Smash?

0:37 - Rush. I get the feeling it's Mega Man's UpB, and can be used in much the same way as Sonic's Spring: use it in the air, and Rush goes tumbling down, use it on the ground, and other character's can use it.

0:38-0:39 - Charged Shot. Since the regular shots seem to be a Special, maybe this is what results when you hold the Neutral Special for a time. Think Pikachu's Skull Bash, just in projectile form.

0:40 - Loving the retro feel. Jump's the old NES way, running's the old NES way, and even slight hitstun is the old NES damaged animation? Awesome.

0:43 - And the killed animation to round out the retro ensemble. Thank you, Capcom, thank you, Nintendo.

0:49 - Metal Blade. Since we only see this in CGI, it's hard to tell how that move works, though considering the move that's up next, I'd say it works the same way, and randomly toggles between the two.

1:02 - Crash Bomber. The position Megaman takes and the way the move works makes me think it's a Side Special. Megaman's idle when it detonates, so it may be on a timer like Snake's grenades.

1:06 - Leaf Shield. Looks like a Neutral Air to me. If you pause it at the right time, you can see that Megaman lets the Leaf Shield fly as soon as he lands on the ground, so maybe the attack is programmed to function like that.

1:08 - Hard Knuckle. Now we're getting into what appear to be aerial moves. This one looks like a typical Down Air to me.

1:10 - Flame Sword. Forward Air.

1:12 - Slash Claw. Back Air.

1:13 - Spark Shock. Just before the attack goes off, Mega Man appears to be charging for it. So it could be his Up Smash, but then that leads to questions on what his SHORYUKEN is.

1:14 - Pause it at the right time, and you can see Mega Man in a full-out sprint. Maybe his Dash animation?

1:15 - Super Arm. I want to say that's his grabbing and throwing mechanic, but the position Mario's in is unique among prior grabbed animations. Could just be something unique to Megaman though for the sake of referencing Super Arm.

1:18 - HELL'S FLASH Flame Blast. CGI again, but given the finality of it all, and the prior knowledge of Samus's Zero Laser returning in this game, this may be Mega Man's Final Smash.

Edited by Doctor Toadley

Aaaaaaaaaand poster worthy art for the two new characters!

illust-modal.jpg

Capcom's Ryuji Higurashi drew up the second one!

That second one is suck as fuck I can't even

all my likes but I have NONE DAMNIT

main.png

Agreed. Love the illumination of light the fire gives off on his clothes and face.

so how long until the fan fiction starts

Forget that. How long until the rule 34 art starts?

1:18 - HELL'S FLASH Flame Blast. CGI again, but given the finality of it all, and the prior knowledge of Samus's Zero Laser returning in this game, this may be Mega Man's Final Smash.

Down Smash, I expect. A lot of down smashes hit on both sides.

Lol, very good point., especially since I said something similar towards Jigglypuff. I just don't like him in SSB though. I think Waddle Dee would be much better in his place. Kirby only really needs 1 extra character though.

Why would waddle dee replace D-D-D, that wouldn't make much sense. Waddle dooters could just be the 4th(and final) character for the series and you don't have to replace anyone. I thought D-3 and Jiggs were good in Brawl, their not terrible and I'm only saying this because they are part of my Top 10.

JUST ANNOUNCED!

Wii Fit Trainer is a character in Smash Bros for Wii U. Not a joke. Just announced.

http://twitter.com/gamesTMmag/status/344524049164144640

Oh god, I was really hoping you or that guy was joking

Why????

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=204716

^ Link contains a gif from the video of her in action.

“She uses moves that are really quite healthy. Her moves are very fitness-based. She is quite powerful against characters like Bowser.”

Ummm...Sakurai....are you high?

I don't think anybody really asked for this....

Edited by Nintendoga

You guys are stupid.

Wii Fit Trainer = BEST SMASH BROS CHARACTER

look at her moves!!!!

dat fitness

loving how this is pissing off tons of users

lmaaaaaaaaaaao

Edited by Autosaver

I dunno, I still feel like she could be just an Assist Trophy with her own special animation. I'll wait for an official reveal

dat fitness

loving how this is pissing off tons of users

lmaaaaaaaaaaao

Something's telling me that she could be a replacement for ROB.

GT confirmed her too.

but shes awesome. f you guys. haters. <33333333333

This goes beyond trolling Sakurai.

Seriously though, what a waste of a character spot imo

• Thumbs Up 4