Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I play a good majority of the low tiers like Zelda, Duck Hunt, Shulk, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, the miis and Bowser Jr. so I'd love that a lot.

Still don't have a Wii U tho ._.

• Thumbs Up 1

I tend to lose in the first match of every Smash tourney I enter.

Of course I'd join!

Will you please stop being so self-deprecating whenever it comes to your skill in Smash? You're not bad.

Will you please stop being so self-deprecating whenever it comes to your skill in Smash? You're not bad.

*cough* I was actually being serious about joining. But uh, it is a fact that I lose these things early on. I haven't really improved at all since I got the game.

'Sides, I haven't played in over a month, so I dunno what would happen if I joined the next one.

*cough* I was actually being serious about joining. But uh, it is a fact that I lose these things early on. I haven't really improved at all since I got the game.

'Sides, I haven't played in over a month, so I dunno what would happen if I joined the next one.

If you think you aren't improving, I have some tips for you.

The most important one is fighting people better than you. This means dropping For Glory and trying something like finding people off SSMB to fight on somewhere like Smashboards or Anther's Ladder. You aren't going to get better if you have a limited scope of how people play the game. Also save replays of matches where you lose by a smidge or where you're being outplayed by a long shot, it's a good way to see what mistakes you made and what your best tactics are, it's important to keep them in mind for future matches. But since you haven't played in a month, you'll naturally be rusty once you pick it up again. A few days of training will probably get you used to the game. Getting better takes time, but you'll definitely improve.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 3

If you think you aren't improving, I have some tips for you.

The most important one is fighting people better than you. This means dropping For Glory and trying something like finding people off SSMB to fight on somewhere like Smashboards or Anther's Ladder. You aren't going to get better if you have a limited scope of how people play the game. Also save replays of matches where you lose by a smidge or where you're being outplayed by a long shot, it's a good way to see what mistakes you made and what your best tactics are, it's important to keep them in mind for future matches. But since you haven't played in a month, you'll naturally be rusty once you pick it up again. A few days of training will probably get you used to the game. Getting better takes time, but you'll definitely improve.

Also, thanks for the advice. I'll try that Anther's Ladder thing on the weekend or something. :P

I think it's a bit of a stretch to put this in the Smash Bros Topic since we don't know for sure whether or not it's about Smash, but Wishful thinking. I honestly had that thought in my mind when I saw this too, but it could always just be something else.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's a bit of a stretch to put this in the Smash Bros Topic since we don't know for sure whether or not it's about Smash, but Wishful thinking. I honestly had that thought in my mind when I saw this too, but it could always just be something else.

Of course its not "about" Smash, but there's a 99% chance that Smash content will be revealed. They've been releasing new Smash DLC waves every 1-1.5 months. There WILL be a new DLC pack this month. Considering how its only about a week until the 1 year anniversary, they may just release the new Smash DLC wave immediately.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh off topic but I just saw the Smash Boards tier list

People are considering Ike and Wario to be high tier?

I'm actually a bit surprised because I've heard they're mid-low tier. I do consider Ike to be pretty good to be high tier though but I didn't think he would place high on any other tier list. Ike did get massive buffs at least so that's that. Wario I've heard he's not as good but I guess he got buffed. That or not enough people actually play him or something.

I don't mind because I love both characters with Ike being my main. This was a bit surprising for me to be honest.

I put it here since I wanted to be the first here to share the news and this thread was in an open tab already :^)

I still think we'll get some news about it but if we don't, we don't. XP

Eh off topic but I just saw the Smash Boards tier list

People are considering Ike and Wario to be high tier?

I'm actually a bit surprised because I've heard they're mid-low tier. I do consider Ike to be pretty good to be high tier though but I didn't think he would place high on any other tier list. Ike did get massive buffs at least so that's that. Wario I've heard he's not as good but I guess he got buffed. That or not enough people actually play him or something.

I don't mind because I love both characters with Ike being my main. This was a bit surprising for me to be honest.

Wario and Ike are both great characters and have very good results to their credit, particularly TheReflexWonder for Wario and Ryo for Ike. Both have been maining them since Brawl. Wario's got amazing aerial mobility and recovery, the absolute best command grab in the game in the form of Chomp (though Yoshi's Tongue comes close), and fast kill moves like Waft and his forward tilt. Plus considering he's a heavyweight he can live pretty long. Don't even get me started on how useful his Bike can be as well.

Ike can do so well against a lot of characters due to his sword being gargantuan and the fact that most of his combos can rack up deadly amounts of damage. He's also great at edgeguarding due to his aerials, not to mention Eruption has such a huge hitbox that it can easily beat those with poor or predictable recoveries, or somebody coming down from above you like Yoshi or Bowser with their down-Bs. His biggest flaw is that his smash attacks are pretty laggy and his recovery is exploitable due to him not being to recover back onstage diagonally, only horizontally (Quick Draw) or vertically (Aether). Other than that, he's definitely good. Not a top tier, but still a character you shouldn't underestimate.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

I put it here since I wanted to be the first here to share the news and this thread was in an open tab already :^)

I still think we'll get some news about it but if we don't, we don't. XP

Again, we're pretty much guaranteed to get an update this month anyway. There's about a 99% probability that yes, there will be Smash news in this Direct. And probably (a) character reveal(s), too. (I think its entirely possible we could get multiple characters revealed.)

Wario and Ike are both great characters and have very good results to their credit, particularly TheReflexWonder for Wario and Ryo for Ike. Both have been maining them since Brawl. Wario's got amazing aerial mobility and recovery, the absolute best command grab in the game in the form of Chomp (though Yoshi's Tongue comes close), and fast kill moves like Waft and his forward tilt. Plus considering he's a heavyweight he can live pretty long. Don't even get me started on how useful his Bike can be as well.

Ike can do so well against a lot of characters due to his sword being gargantuan and the fact that most of his combos can rack up deadly amounts of damage. He's also great at edgeguarding due to his aerials, not to mention Eruption has such a huge hitbox that it can easily beat those with poor or predictable recoveries, or somebody coming down from above you like Yoshi or Bowser with their down-Bs. His biggest flaw is that his smash attacks are pretty laggy and his recovery is exploitable due to him not being to recover back onstage diagonally, only horizontally (Quick Draw) or vertically (Aether). Other than that, he's definitely good. Not a top tier, but still a character you shouldn't underestimate.

Yeah that's what I figured. I'm thinking Smash Boards' tier list is more thought out than Event Hubs. I'm thinking that tier list is based more on popularity than anything.

Also remember when people were saying Duck Hunt was going to be top tier? So much for that! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

>Bowser Jr
>Doc
>non-default Miis
>Low/bottom-tier

Stop, please. Those characters are a lot better than say, Zelda. Jr and Doc are like, low-mid and a bit too good for a tourney like this.

Non-default Mii Brawler is straight up high or borderline top-tier and to make him legal in a low-tier tournament is the same as allowing Wario. Non-default Mii Gunner isn't as good but she's still too strong for this.

Also, I feel inclined to mention that Ice Ninja, a Palutena player, got Top 6 at a Canadian national a couple weeks ago and someone else called Real Ice broke into Top 32 with  and ended up tying with players like 6WX for 17th. Real Ice had to fight through a pool with MVD in it and he still ended up on the Winner's side of the bracket.

Also, I feel inclined to mention that Ice Ninja, a Palutena player, got Top 6 at a Canadian national a couple weeks ago and someone else called Real Ice broke into Top 32 with  and ended up tying with players like 6WX for 17th. Real Ice had to fight through a pool with MVD in it and he still ended up on the Winner's side of the bracket.

You allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllways bring this up, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery time.

• Thumbs Up 2

I BRING IT UP BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE HOW GOOD HER RESULTS ARE

Every single time I talk to someone they're like "but she has no results" then I show them that stuff and they're like "whoa i had no idea"

People legit just don't know how she's doing. I'm here to e d u c a t e

>Bowser Jr
>Doc
>non-default Miis
>Low/bottom-tier

Stop, please. Those characters are a lot better than say, Zelda. Jr and Doc are like, low-mid and a bit too good for a tourney like this.

Non-default Mii Brawler is straight up high or borderline top-tier and to make him legal in a low-tier tournament is the same as allowing Wario. Non-default Mii Gunner isn't as good but she's still too strong for this.

My bad about Miis, that's true that they are pretty damn good with other sets. I'll just restrict it to 1111s here. I know about Tweek when it comes to Bowser Jr., but he's literally the only Bowser Jr. player that's noteworthy. If more players picked him up and started getting similar results he does, then maybe he'd be better in people's eyes.

On the topic of Doc, I really, really like the character. Even then, he's still a low tier. What Nairo did with him was impressive and 2ManyCooks does reasonably well with him at regionals, but he definitely needs way more to be considered viable. Even players like Boss and Smash G0D only play him as a secondary. He's not a good pick for a solo main because of how much risk you have to take with him, and his average mobility and not that good offstage game are major issues. If Doc loses his second jump offstage, he's unquestionably finished. Just because Nairo beat ESAM with Doc doesn't automatically make him a mid-tier, it just means he's a very good counterpick to certain characters or a secondary. It's not that the character is bad, he has great tools. He just needs more consistent results first.

Edited by Felix

I think it's interesting that Shauna Shantae was the number 1 pick from the Smash ballet. I was really hoping for Banjo and Kazooie. Think they'll reveal her at Nintendo Direct?

Edited by PeridotShades

I think it's interesting that Shauna was the number 1 pick from the Smash ballet. I was really hoping for Banjo and Kazooie. Think they'll reveal her at Nintendo Direct?

...what? 

...what? 

Shakugan No Shana confirmed !

But more seriously, PeridotShades, you talk about Shantae? Where is your source?

I think it's interesting that Shauna Shantae was the number 1 pick from the Smash ballet. I was really hoping for Banjo and Kazooie. Think they'll reveal her at Nintendo Direct?

There's absolutely no evidence Shantae was the number 1 pick from the Smash ballot. And its extremely unlikely, given the fact that she has no Japanese backing.