Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

>Bowser Jr
>Doc
>non-default Miis
>Low/bottom-tier

Stop, please. Those characters are a lot better than say, Zelda. Jr and Doc are like, low-mid and a bit too good for a tourney like this.

Non-default Mii Brawler is straight up high or borderline top-tier and to make him legal in a low-tier tournament is the same as allowing Wario. Non-default Mii Gunner isn't as good but she's still too strong for this.

Also, I feel inclined to mention that Ice Ninja, a Palutena player, got Top 6 at a Canadian national a couple weeks ago and someone else called Real Ice broke into Top 32 with  and ended up tying with players like 6WX for 17th. Real Ice had to fight through a pool with MVD in it and he still ended up on the Winner's side of the bracket.

Also, I feel inclined to mention that Ice Ninja, a Palutena player, got Top 6 at a Canadian national a couple weeks ago and someone else called Real Ice broke into Top 32 with  and ended up tying with players like 6WX for 17th. Real Ice had to fight through a pool with MVD in it and he still ended up on the Winner's side of the bracket.

You allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllways bring this up, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery time.

I BRING IT UP BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE HOW GOOD HER RESULTS ARE

Every single time I talk to someone they're like "but she has no results" then I show them that stuff and they're like "whoa i had no idea"

People legit just don't know how she's doing. I'm here to e d u c a t e

>Bowser Jr
>Doc
>non-default Miis
>Low/bottom-tier

Stop, please. Those characters are a lot better than say, Zelda. Jr and Doc are like, low-mid and a bit too good for a tourney like this.

Non-default Mii Brawler is straight up high or borderline top-tier and to make him legal in a low-tier tournament is the same as allowing Wario. Non-default Mii Gunner isn't as good but she's still too strong for this.

My bad about Miis, that's true that they are pretty damn good with other sets. I'll just restrict it to 1111s here. I know about Tweek when it comes to Bowser Jr., but he's literally the only Bowser Jr. player that's noteworthy. If more players picked him up and started getting similar results he does, then maybe he'd be better in people's eyes.

On the topic of Doc, I really, really like the character. Even then, he's still a low tier. What Nairo did with him was impressive and 2ManyCooks does reasonably well with him at regionals, but he definitely needs way more to be considered viable. Even players like Boss and Smash G0D only play him as a secondary. He's not a good pick for a solo main because of how much risk you have to take with him, and his average mobility and not that good offstage game are major issues. If Doc loses his second jump offstage, he's unquestionably finished. Just because Nairo beat ESAM with Doc doesn't automatically make him a mid-tier, it just means he's a very good counterpick to certain characters or a secondary. It's not that the character is bad, he has great tools. He just needs more consistent results first.

Edited by Felix

I think it's interesting that Shauna Shantae was the number 1 pick from the Smash ballet. I was really hoping for Banjo and Kazooie. Think they'll reveal her at Nintendo Direct?

There's absolutely no evidence Shantae was the number 1 pick from the Smash ballot. And its extremely unlikely, given the fact that she has no Japanese backing.

...what? 

My mistake, I meant to say "Shantae", not Shauna. I'm honestly not very familiar with the character. But yeah, she was the top voted character for the Smash ballot. Can't really remember where I read it, it was a couple months ago.

Scratch that, I think this was where I read it. Unsure if it's official or not, but seemed good to me.

Edited by PeridotShades
Found the source!

She was the top voted character in a Reddit poll (which happened a few months back, so I assume this is what you've read), which means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Okay, yeah, the Reddit Poll. The biggest issue with that, besides being mostly (entirely?) being voted on by the Western audience and thus excluding basically all of the japanese audience, is the fact that it only had about 2000 votes. In a Franchise like Smash that has millions of fans, 2000 votes (and 200 voting for Shantae) barely means anything.

Edited by Thigolf

Oh wait, it was just a Reddit poll? That's what I get for speed reading through it all, my mistake guys. :c

Anyways, I was playing Smash U earlier this morning. I'm kinda annoyed about the Orbital Gate stage being so challenging to fight on. I was doing a simple 1 on 1 match against Shiek while fighting as Fox. While I done very well, Shiek still ended up winning only due to the fact that some of the stage's hazards kept being the end of me. I love the stage, but it's more eye candy for me than something I'd like to fight on, unless I have Final Destination mode on, but that's kind of boring.

There's absolutely no evidence Shantae was the number 1 pick from the Smash ballot. And its extremely unlikely, given the fact that she has no Japanese backing.

Shantae is actually getting a small japanese fan-base, WayFoward and Matt Bozon have retweeted some japanese Shantae fan-arts. But when you see that Famitsu have given Pirate's Curse a score lower than Sonic 06, that's not gonna help her popularity in japan.

Alright, let's clear this up, since I've seen it brought up in a couple of places:

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: 8/8/7/9 (32/40).
Sonic '06: 30/40 (X360) / 29/40 (PS3).

Shantae did not get a worse score from Famitsu than '06.

That's a relief, I heard about this situation because Nintendaan retweeted a tweet made by someone who claims that Famitsu give Shantae a lower score than Sonic 'O6. 

i feel strange. I had a boner with the smash reveal. then i saw clod and it went away. I never played Final Fantasy so I dont know the character. But I guess I'm ok with it.

Also, there's supposed to be a SSB Video in December.

Wonder what that's going to be about?

I'll give you three guesses.