Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'm a pretty big Final Fantasy nut myself, but I felt a bit jipped that Cloud got reveal privileges before any of the ballot characters tbh. Love Final Fantasy, Love Dissidia, Love all that stuff, but I mean, the fact that it just jumped in front of highly requested characters sort of rubbed me the wrong way, even if I am excited for him and all. 

Yes, yes, Salt, Salt and more Salt, but meh, can't get too excited about that to tell you the truth.

Just show me the ballot characters already >:V

• Thumbs Up 2

Welp I think everyone exploded from Cloud's announcement.

Personally I'm hyped because Cloud is one of my favorite video game characters. Hell I even screamed at his announcement that woke up my brother. But it seems like the reaction is mixed since FF7 is one of those love it or hate it kind of games, especially among the FF games themselves.

So I will sail the stormy seas and enjoy the announcement since it was too hype.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pleas let this open up the possibility of Sora. Like seriously, doesn't even have to be in Smash 4. If they make a Smash 5, and he has a chance I'd take that. But dammit he has so much potential and can fit right into this series. 

Also, maybe be Cloud will have his KH1 costume?

• Thumbs Up 1

is that his official twitter? if it is it's AMAZING

No, it's a parody account.

An incredibly funny and almost always on point parody account though.

• Thumbs Up 2

^Tails Spin: No, it's a parody account.

Also, maybe be Cloud will have his KH1 costume?

He already has 2 costumes, so I don't think so.

With Cloud in, I don't see Sora getting in 4, but 5 is possible.

Welp, Sakurai wasn't kidding when he said all the remaining characters would be fanservice. This is the most fanservicey fighter they could've possibly added. XD Excited for him, though, as even though I'm not a Final Fantasy fan per se, I still respect it as a franchise and have liked what I've seen of Cloud in playing Dissidia and the Kingdom Hearts series. He definitely looks to have an interesting playstyle with all of the different Summons and whatnot. Expecting a Sora Mii costume to accompany his update. XD

Also, an immediate teaser for ANOTHER Smash video presentation next month with MORE news? THAT'S what I call hype. :D  

Honestly what with Cloud showing up on a few Nintendo games, the possibility of the FFVII remake on next-gen Nintendo porting, and the potential cross-promoting, implementing Cloud ain't a bad idea.

And the global reaction to this announcement is mixed,the majority is HYPE as fuck, while the minority is pissed as fuck, because its another anime looking swordman, as no attachment to Nintendo history and from a game that will be getting a remaster on PS4

Cloud's a pretty big deal, but he's so Sony that I don't think I saw him predicted anywhere, even though we knew Nintendo were doing collaborations with other companies.  Very nice.  I assume they had him lined up before the ballot was set in motion, and just finished him up recently; I doubt he sniped any time from the ballot results.

And speaking of which, the special broadcast in December will pretty obviously be the ballot result announcement.  I can't wait to see how that turns out.

• Thumbs Up 4

Man they could not have picked a character I care about less. The archetypical overrated anime swordsman. And he doesn't even look interesting to play. I ended up chipping in a few bucks for Roy even with how little I cared about him, but this...nah. Hopefully they've got something more interesting to show in December.

• Thumbs Up 4

Welp, Sakurai wasn't kidding when he said all the remaining characters would be fanservice. This is the most fanservicey fighter they could've possibly added. XD Excited for him, though, as even though I'm not a Final Fantasy fan per se, I still respect it as a franchise and have liked what I've seen of Cloud in playing Dissidia and the Kingdom Hearts series. He definitely looks to have an interesting playstyle with all of the different Summons and whatnot. Expecting a Sora Mii costume to accompany his update. XD

Also, an immediate teaser for ANOTHER Smash video presentation next month with MORE news? THAT'S what I call hype. :D  

The summons are part of the stage, though.

And the global reaction to this announcement is mixed,the majority is HYPE as fuck, while the minority is pissed as fuck, because its another anime looking swordman, as no attachment to Nintendo history and from a game that will be getting a remaster on PS4

Maybe they're planning it on NX? :P

I'm baffled as to the choice, but I think this basically kills Indie's. Again. (And maybe even Snake. How the f*** did we get both Ryu and Cloud before Snake?)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, look at the bright side: at least he's not Sora.

• Thumbs Up 3

that's not the bright side. That's the darkness. :/

Though a Sora Mii costume would be okay I guess as well.

• Thumbs Up 6

At least Sora has a more unique weapon than oversized sword.

• Thumbs Up 4

e0f9b2e3.jpg5bc062e6.jpg9d1df483.jpg 2aa10069.jpg

Give it time

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 7

that's not the bright side. That's the darkness. :/

Though a Sora Mii costume would be okay I guess as well.

If Sora was in, we'd get an hour long monologue on that darkness =P

Cloud is one of the most recognizable characters out there.

Cloud, Ryu, Pacman, Mario, Megaman, Sonic... all in the same game guys.

• Thumbs Up 8

Man they could not have picked a character I care about less. The archetypical overrated anime swordsman. And he doesn't even look interesting to play. I ended up chipping in a few bucks for Roy even with how little I cared about him, but this...nah. Hopefully they've got something more interesting to show in December.

Man I feel like it's been years since I've seen the "Cloud is overrated" complaints, which I fully expect to pop up again after this announcement.

It's a fine update imo, he looks fun enough to play as.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 6

At least Sora has a more unique weapon than oversized sword.

Keyblade's just a dumber looking sword from what I've seen.

• Thumbs Up 2