Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'm really hyped for Cloud oh my god, I'm so happy, holy shit, my heart was racing at this announcement, Jesus fucking Christ.

• Thumbs Up 6

Keyblade's just a dumber looking sword from what I've seen.

depends on the keyblade. Ultima Weapon is badass as fuck shuthcho mouth.

Edited by Michael Munroe
  • Thumbs Up 2

Anything more to fuel the notion that the Final Fantasy VII remake will eventually make it to NX, yes please! 

Heh,  kinda fitting  since Final Fantasy VII was originally supposed to come to Nintendo consoles in addition to the Playstation,  so fair enough. 

Edited by Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon

I'll end up buying him cuz I want all characters. 

ME TOO BECAUSE FUCK THE HATERS, FINAL FANTASY VS XENOBLADE CHRONICLES VS FIRE EMBLEM VS STREET FIGHTER VS MEGAMAN VS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG VS PAC-MAN IS GOING TO BE A THING!

• Thumbs Up 2

actually that's if it was Riku, if you've played Re:CoM you'd know.;D

Let's be fair, if Riku got in with the phrase "I've chosen the path to dawn" it'd be pretty hype, especially since that's his iconic line from a Nintendy game.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm a pretty big Final Fantasy nut myself, but I felt a bit jipped that Cloud got reveal privileges before any of the ballot characters tbh. Love Final Fantasy, Love Dissidia, Love all that stuff, but I mean, the fact that it just jumped in front of highly requested characters sort of rubbed me the wrong way, even if I am excited for him and all. 

Yes, yes, Salt, Salt and more Salt, but meh, can't get too excited about that to tell you the truth.

Just show me the ballot characters already >:V

To be fair, I don't think the ballot character who won would've had an appearance anyway since they'd still need to make the actual character and at best we probably would've gotten mention of who won instead of getting a trailer for them or anything fancy like that (though I think they're probably just keeping the character under wraps until they CAN show something).

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, the second I saw Cloud I just burst into laughter. He seemed so unlikely and out there, if only for the lack of history with Nintendo (unless you wanna count (KH:CoM and re:Coded). And then people joked endless about him... but I'm actually really impressed with how he looks and fights--and I'm not really a big FFVII nut.

I said I was done with DLC until a character I actually want is announced, but I might want to give him a try.

Speaking as someone who doesn't care for character legitimacy, Cloud looks fun and was definitely an unexpected surprise that helped partially redeem the conference for me.

Given the ballot ended two weeks ago this was definitely something on the stove for a while, and not a result of the ballot. With that said, Goku for Smash please :^)

Also, it literally took Neogaf a full minute to load on me. Fucking howling with laughter. The simultaneous tears of joyous hype and furious salt are so real.

tumblr_n50m82ZK1x1qlyfm1o4_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 7

To be fair, I don't think the ballot character who won would've had an appearance anyway since they'd still need to make the actual character and at best we probably would've gotten mention of who won instead of getting a trailer for them or anything fancy like that (though I think they're probably just keeping the character under wraps until they CAN show something).

I get that, but the Ballot has been going for like a whole year now, and they've still got nothing? Surely a whole year's worth of data has at least made it clear who the frontrunners are. If not, then they wouldn't be ready to do a Smash exclusive direct next month.

Even Cloud looked a bit barebones to be honest with a few fuzzy textures and shifty animations, so I doubt he's even finished by now, Close to finished, but not properly polished. Probably why his release date is TBA unfortunately. Was hoping for an insta-released thing like with Roy/Lucas/Ryu last time.

But tbh, I'm just an impatient guy, not Salty about Cloud being in at all, just the fact that I have to waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing he (and maybe Wolf) will release right after the Smash Bros presentation next month.

actually that's if it was Riku, if you've played Re:CoM you'd know.;D

He could start talking while Sora is on the field, like Snake's Codec.

@DBZHedgyYou have to remember though that Cloud was probably decided way before the ballot choices. So as such,  he's had more development time, see. 

Edited by Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon
  • Thumbs Up 3

I get that, but the Ballot has been going for like a whole year now, and they've still got nothing? Surely a whole year's worth of data has at least made it clear who the frontrunners are. If not, then they wouldn't be ready to do a Smash exclusive direct next month.

Even Cloud looked a bit barebones to be honest with a few fuzzy textures and shifty animations, so I doubt he's even finished by now, Close to finished, but not properly polished. Probably why his release date is TBA unfortunately. Was hoping for an insta-released thing like with Roy/Lucas/Ryu last time.

But tbh, I'm just an impatient guy, not Salty about Cloud being in at all, just the fact that I have to waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt

first it hasn't been a year, april will make it a year

second it was never mention to be a voting system it was more of a suggestion box

If they were going to make their decisions before the poll closed, there would've been no reason to keep it open that long in the first place.

first it hasn't been a year, april will make it a year

second it was never mention to be a voting system it was more of a suggestion box

I mean, that doesn't really change anything tho :V

still getting an update next month

and Cloud wasn't a frontrunner in the ballot surveys I've seen across the board. Even if it's a suggestion box, people would still need to at least have a decent demand for Cloud for him to be used as a suggestion, but that wasn't there mainly because people thought he was to out there to happen. In fact, I'm pretty sure Cloud is the character people on Twitter were blowing up about a couple months ago who we thought were speculated to be the Inklings.

but like I said, not Salty about Cloud, just bummed I have to wait for the ballot characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also this is pretty much the only newcomer that wasn't leaked beforehand, aside from uh... Rosalina and Little Mac? I don't remember much before launch honestly.

• Thumbs Up 7

Also this is pretty much the only newcomer that wasn't leaked beforehand, aside from uh... Rosalina and Little Mac? I don't remember much before launch honestly.

Rosalina leaked like 10 minutes beforehand actually. Not a lot of people noticed though

• Thumbs Up 3

Well it looks like the Wii U finally has Cloud support. Bought time of you ask me.  :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Now we just need KH's Sora and Tidus from FFX.

Why Tidus? Well, shirtless Tidus and Shulk tag team anyone?

Also, infamous laugh taunt FTW.

and some of the salt is from Cloud stealing Wario's bike and just lugging it away.

I have one valid point against it:

01.jpg

You were saying?

• Thumbs Up 5

Man I feel like it's been years since I've seen the "Cloud is overrated" complaints, which I fully expect to pop up again after this announcement.

It's a fine update imo, he looks fun enough to play as.

Well  least we aren't getting the annoying "whiny emo kid" misconceptions......yet, as far as I know.