Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Now that I think about it, I only main Vets this time around (Sonic, Ness, Mario, Ganondorf, Yoshi) because they're actually good compared to Brawl. I wonder if Cloud'll be a main or not...

It's not that I dislike any of the newcomers, but I can't get that good a grasp on 'em. Bowser Jr. and Shulk are great, but I'm not great. XP

Starting to get a handle on Mega Man against non-Reflect move owning characters now.

>Brawl Ness

>bad

pls. Aside from that dumb extra ten frames of grab release that made him vulnerable to 0-to-death chaingrabs from characters like Marth or Donkey Kong, he was a hell of a lot better than 64 or Melee. Also neither Bowser Jr. or Shulk are very good. 

>Brawl Ness

>bad

pls. Aside from that dumb extra ten frames of grab release that made him vulnerable to 0-to-death chaingrabs from characters like Marth or Donkey Kong, he was a hell of a lot better than 64 or Melee. Also neither Bowser Jr. or Shulk are very good. 

I didn't mean Ness was bad but back then I actually preferred Lucas.

Also on your last point in terms of Shulk: SilentD00m. *war flashbacks*

Yeah okay I don't really care much about tiers but I suppose I should've said they were "fun", forgive my ignorance

I didn't mean Ness was bad but back then I actually preferred Lucas.

Also on your last point in terms of Shulk: SilentD00m. *war flashbacks*

Yeah okay I don't really care much about tiers but I suppose I should've said they were "fun", forgive my ignorance

SilentDoom's Shulk is definitely awesome, but by that logic Dedede isn't lackluster just because of Big D. Shulk is not bad at all but any means but he has a ton of flaws that really bring down what potential he has (bad frame data, noticeable landing lag in aerials, mediocre damage output without Arts). He's still a very interesting and deep character though and can do some nice stuff when played optimally. He even beats Ness when it comes to high tiers.

And you weren't being ignorant, no worries.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

SilentDoom's Shulk is definitely awesome, but by that logic Dedede isn't bad just because of Big D.

And you weren't being ignorant, no worries.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said that anyway. I'm a bit annoyed by things being said on a different site so I'm kinda snippy right now. ^^;

Speaking of Dedede, how'd you get so good as him? I can't play well as him for the life of me.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said that anyway. I'm a bit annoyed by things being said on a different site so I'm kinda snippy right now. ^^;

Speaking of Dedede, how'd you get so good as him? I can't play well as him for the life of me.

Considering Dedede was (and still is) my Brawl main, I instantly gravitated towards him when the game came out (tho considering I was casual trash before Smash 4, I played Little Mac a lot). It's just that I really love the character generally, and he has so much personality that really makes me playing so enjoyable. He's so fuckin' happy in this game. Just look at his head icon! KingDededeHeadSSB4-U.png

He's a bit of a tough one, easy to pick up and dick around with, but definitely hard to master. I don't really consider myself to be that good with him at all, but I've definitely won a large chunk of my battles with him and have even used him in tournaments and have done well with him for some reason. In short, I guess why I got good with him was just practice and seeing how other Dedede players played and what combos and techniques they did and whatnot. Even if he's been nerfed immensely in this game, I'm never dropping him as far as I'm concerned 'cos I'm still a loyal servant to the king. If anything, it gives me the drive to push myself to do the best I can with him and hopefully help develop his meta.

• Thumbs Up 2

SO, am I the only one considering that the supposed ballot picks might not even get shown at the December event? Might just be even more new roster additions which weren't ballot-controlled either. Not really a bad thing, and quite likely considering how long development for the ballot-influenced choices could be anyway.

That seems unlikely. They announced it as a big thing, I think it's safe to say we'll definitely be getting some info on the ballot characters. The ballot characters are probably ways off from release, but that shouldn't stop them from telling us a bit about them, similar to Mewtwo. Cloud will also probably be detailed more + maybe another non-ballot, veteran character to release together after it airs.

SO, am I the only one considering that the supposed ballot picks might not even get shown at the December event? Might just be even more new roster additions which weren't ballot-controlled either. Not really a bad thing, and quite likely considering how long development for the ballot-influenced choices could be anyway.

It's the last Smash Dedicated Direct, not nessecarily last Smash news, but after it only thing I could see revealed independently would be Wolf to tie into Star Fox U

My Full Thoughts are:

Way I see it, I think we are getting 3 characters in December, but that the Smash Direct is going to blowout with the rest of upcoming characters as well. With December we have had more than enough time for 3 Newcomers to be developed, and we are long overdue for a first party Newcomer, likely one fast tracked by the ballot. I still think we're overdue for a Female, but that may come later.

Honestly, I think that the Ballot was used in 2 ways, after the first month it was used to fast track 1-2 First Party Newcomers, then they waited till near the end to make their final picks. those 1-2 will be announced and released next to cloud, while the other multiple choices will be announced in Mewtwo-esqe faction for next year. Anybody who thinks that they weren't analyzing the Ballot from the smart is deluded, and they always have a shortlist. They said they were approaching DLC as it's own Smash project, which means they resurrected the internal shortlist, and then checked third party characters by developers, who couldn't say no after the success of both versions. Then they took their list and compared it to the first month or two of the ballot, and noted some concepts, and put the characters with good support that they saw had great potential into the fast track, while keeping others on the back burners.

Next month, I'm expecting at least one first party Newcomer, and either a Vet, or another Newcomer. I think our King has a great chance being from an under-represented franchise, while having popularity since Melee days that has really blown up since Brawl, that was just reinforced by the Ballot. Now I think we may get one more third party character, but it'd have to make such an impact, I'm ruling out any western IP's for the most part, other than Banjo-Kazooie, who was one of the biggest requests for melee, and still heavily is considered a Nintendo Character, and would make a huge boom, however I don't seem the team being released next month merely announced.
If Splatoon is an indicator, Smash Support will likely last till May, which means after 3 characters next month, we are likely for at least 3 more Ballot decided characters. Wolf could happen next month, or be saved as a final character to coincide with Star Fox Zero.

But we are far overdue for a first party Newcomer, since we haven't had one since the game released last year

That seems unlikely. They announced it as a big thing, I think it's safe to say we'll definitely be getting some info on the ballot characters. The ballot characters are probably ways off from release, but that shouldn't stop them from telling us a bit about them, similar to Mewtwo. Cloud will also probably be detailed more + maybe another non-ballot, veteran character to release together after it airs.

Fair enough. I guess I'm just a bit bugged by the masses saying that ALL the ballot characters we're going to ever get are going to be revealed at this December event.

Yeah, I'm thinking they're just using Cloud as they did Lucas in April in the vein of using him as a hype target character and then reveal a few (hopefully finished) DLC characters like that of Ryu and Roy in Lucas' situation next month.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still waiting for Wolf and Inklings in December. Probably Inkopolis with Inklings. I don't know who else, if they drop more than that. I guess I could see Shovel Knight as the one indie to get in if any at all. I suppose K Rool could happen too.

• Thumbs Up 1

cnI6YKo.png

Goku confirmed.

Please dear God, let that also mean Mr. Wright-dono.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I say this as a naysayer from the start, but this sounds like Ridley.

Yeah I'm almost absolutely fucking sure it's Ridley he's talking about here, but I've been wrong before.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I'm almost absolutely fucking sure it's Ridley he's talking about here, but I've been wrong before.

If so, expect hijinks with Ridley tag-teaming himself in the Metroid stage. edgeworth-confident%28a%29.gif Let the madness really begin.

• Thumbs Up 6

Please dear God, let that also mean Mr. Wright-dono.

Phoenix wouldn't even be hard to get/make considering they always have a Capcom rep and parts of his moveset could be gleaned from Marvel vs Capcom.

• Thumbs Up 1

SoPo confirmed a playable character?

The Ice Climbers have already been through and through deconfirmed. Making just Sopo playable would ruin the entire niche and uniqueness of the Ice Climbers' playstyle for something half-arsed. Sakurai's sad he had to cut them too considering he holds the characters close to him. It's just simply been said it's not possible to put them in. If they do find a way to fix them though, that'd be really awesome. I'd main them in a heartbeat.

The Ice Climbers have already been through and through deconfirmed. Making just Sopo playable would ruin the entire niche and uniqueness of the Ice Climbers' playstyle for something half-arsed. Sakurai's sad he had to cut them too considering he holds the characters close to him. It's just simply been said it's not possible to put them in. If they do find a way to fix them though, that'd be really awesome. I'd main them in a heartbeat.

Ya, remember when Xbox Backwards Compatibility didn't work and Microsoft worked their asses off at it? Why couldn't that be the case over at Sora?

If that's referring to another character and not Cloud, there are 3 possibilities I see:

1)Ridley(technical Challenges, heavily wanted)

2)Banjo-Kazooie(Still considered a Nintendo icon, but owned by Microsoft)

3)Geno

Also, we're far overdue for a First/second party newcomer, it's time, and we need several

Ya, remember when Xbox Backwards Compatibility didn't work and Microsoft worked their asses off at it? Why couldn't that be the case over at Sora?

Fair point. But I guess we'll see. Again, if they got them in it'd be super hype.

Hence me saying SoPo.

We all know it's been stated numerous times that the Ice Climbers as a duo couldn't work, but having a Solo Ice Climber would be a fair compromise compared to them simply being a trophy for this game until the next. The Ice Climbers could totally work if they're just one character regardless of whether or not it takes away their uniqueness. Their base moveset is already pretty unique anyway. 

Honestly don't see why that's a bad move on their part.

• Thumbs Up 1

Releasing a butchered Ice Climber would be like releasing Olimar without his Pikmin. Just don't bother at that point. Either get both of them in or wait for the next game.

• Thumbs Up 7