Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Honestly, I say this as a naysayer from the start, but this sounds like Ridley.

That's... what I was thinking, tbh. Banjo-Kazooie I guess are somewhat possible, too, but this really sounds like Ridley to me.

Hence me saying SoPo.

We all know it's been stated numerous times that the Ice Climbers as a duo couldn't work, but having a Solo Ice Climber would be a fair compromise compared to them simply being a trophy for this game until the next. The Ice Climbers could totally work if they're just one character regardless of whether or not it takes away their uniqueness. Their base moveset is already pretty unique anyway. 

Honestly don't see why that's a bad move on their part.

I wouldn't want that. Their whole gimmick is their teamwork. They aren't as fun alone.

If so, expect hijinks with Ridley tag-teaming himself in the Metroid stage. edgeworth-confident%28a%29.gif Let the madness really begin.

Not possible. When Ridley joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the Pyrosphere.

C7n3az9.jpg

Edited by Marcello
  • Thumbs Up 7

Hence me saying SoPo.

We all know it's been stated numerous times that the Ice Climbers as a duo couldn't work, but having a Solo Ice Climber would be a fair compromise compared to them simply being a trophy for this game until the next. The Ice Climbers could totally work if they're just one character regardless of whether or not it takes away their uniqueness. Their base moveset is already pretty unique anyway. 

Honestly don't see why that's a bad move on their part.

...it removes their entire gimmick. How is that not a bad move?

• Thumbs Up 3

It's not a bad move because they aren't bad alone. Not to mention, there could be buffs used to make them even better than they were by themselves.

But, y'know, opinions and all that

I guess I'm just in the minority then =P

EDIT: Also, I've been poking around, and I've seen a few articles that imply that this was a mistranslation and that the tweet was referring to Cloud being the difficult Request. 

d290aa0870c2bfca9adbb51f25838cec.png

Edited by DBZHedgy
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's not a bad move because they aren't bad alone. 

Stripping them of what gave them such a unique and stand-out status in the first place is a rather bone-headed idea.

You guys, stop and realize that Cloud is the character they revealed BEFORE the Direct, what huge character surprises does Sakurai have for the dedicated Direct itself?! especially first party wise

You guys, stop and realize that Cloud is the character they revealed BEFORE the Direct, what huge character surprises does Sakurai have for the dedicated Direct itself?! especially first party wise

Everyone gets this though so I don't know why you're pointing it out

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't believe Shadow and Elmo are going to be revealed at the December event

Hey I haven't played Ace Attorney but Phoenix would be awesome. Plus he's voiced by Sam Riegel I think so that's a plus.

• Thumbs Up 4

Phoenix wouldn't even be hard to get/make considering they always have a Capcom rep and parts of his moveset could be gleaned from Marvel vs Capcom.

Well, a lot have said that it's nigh-imposible for poor Feenie to get in since there's already 2 Capcom representatives, so....possibly link? EH? EH?

maya-sad%28b%29.gifJust trying to will it enough so that the universe will see it through.

Fun Fact: Cloud is the First and so far only newcomer in Smash 4 created in the 90's. We have not had a single new character that was prominent in the N64 era, nor that was introduced in the SNES era.

So gone to great lengths eh? Well People have said that my main wish would be hard to make a moveset for, maybe he is in with a chance if they've gone to great lengths? Come on Mr Layton! (I know it's unlikely, just let me dream...)

DCQoxuXbVVDvQfM-1600x900-noPad.jpg?14238

I sware if I see an insane out of nowhere character like Goku show up I'll:

A) Agree that Sakurai has lost his marbles and is just creating a MUGEN fangame at this point and...

B} Max out all my bank cards to buy a Wii-U, Smash Bros, and all DLC that very day.

• Thumbs Up 3

I do hope there's going to be a GOTY, Nintendo Select release in early 2017 with all the DLC content, I don't want there to be the risk of all this content being lost forever if you get the game ten years from now

I sware if I see an insane out of nowhere character like Goku show up I'll:

A) Agree that Sakurai has lost his marbles and is just creating a MUGEN fangame at this point and...

B} Max out all my bank cards to buy a Wii-U, Smash Bros, and all DLC that very day.

I'd scream at Sakurai and refused to buy all future Smash Bros. games. Nowhere does Goku deserve to be in Smash.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd crack my shit up. Although, Goku is the only (if any at all) anime character that should be anywhere near the Smash series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well Goku and the DBZ franchise does have an extensive history with Nintendo dating all the way back to the NES era, so even for 3rd party thats pretty impressive to be soo loyal.

Not justifying Goku getting in of course but you can't say he hasn't been in video games as long as hes been in anime.

I don't care one iota about Cloud but I'll be grabbing him partially because I want all the characters in my game, and partially because his stage is pretty as all hell.  (Played enough of FF7 to be aware of it as existing prior to Smash but that's about it, but dang just looks super nice).

Wonder if the 3DS will get a scaled down version pretties-wise like it did for Guar Plains or whether we'll get something else?  All guest characters have had one stage on both versions of the game so I assume the same will happen here, but Cloud's stage looks significantly more wild than Ryu's or Mega Man's to be cross-platform without any gameplay changes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well Goku and the DBZ franchise does have an extensive history with Nintendo dating all the way back to the NES era, so even for 3rd party thats pretty impressive to be soo loyal.

Not justifying Goku getting in of course but you can't say he hasn't been in video games as long as hes been in anime.

The problem is its not just "having" a video game but "originating" in video games. He didn't. A character isn't automatically a "video game" character if they didn't originate in video games.

Cloud's Stage is sick, even if I'm kinda eh on the character himself. Plan to buy all the character dlc at least, because while I don't play it extensively by myself, I do play it a lot with friends, family, and family friends whenever they are around. I'm within a day's distance of a whole lot of family and family friends and expect quite a few visitors, and will by extension be playing plenty of Smash(I'm in a very snowy area for the winter!)

Also, I'd say His page not being up yet means that either his in-game pictures or poster has other unnannounced characters. Still betting on 2 dropping with him, though beyond that who knows exactly what we're getting, but I'm expecting a bit

Sorry for the double post, but I just saw this over on gaf, and sheesh the level of detail on cloud, is siiiiicccckkkk, and ultra accurate to the FF7 accompanying art. There's a few shortcuts to save polys, but that's to be expected in a fighting game. Also the irony that the first playable HD 3D version Cloud is made by and exclusive to Nintendo

CloudRenderFullSize.png

20120221120925154.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Naruto. Naruto's cool. Naruto would be my anime choice. :^)

OOH or Edward Elric, nice.

This is all hypothetical obviously. Goku would be FLIPPIN' COOL too. :V

The problem is its not just "having" a video game but "originating" in video games. He didn't. A character isn't automatically a "video game" character if they didn't originate in video games.

Not saying that, I'm saying he does have an extensive history despite not originating from video games which is impressive.

Cloud's one of my favorite video game characters, so of course I'm excited for him. The Midgar stage looks epic with all the possible summons (hoping Neo Bahamut is one of them) and hopefully they throw in a bunch of remixes for the music (Birth of a God, Jenova, and Clash of Big Bridge, please?). 

So one thing that I really hope they put in is clouds little hair swipe animation as some sort of taunt, finally being able to see that in HD and in full 3D would be amazing (also please put in the fist pump to sword twirl animation as his victory animation).

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I don't think we're getting any Vets as part of the Cloud Trio(way I see it, the 3 slots currently in the code point to a Lucas/Royu style release next month), lets look at this way, with the previous trend, we got: Melee Vet->Brawl Vet->Melee Vet + 3rd Party Newcomer -> 3rd Party Newcomer, way I think it's going to play is First Party Newcomer(face it, it's long overdue, we've had 5 DLC characters and not a single new Nintendo character), and maybe, maybe Wolf, though honestly, I could see him being pushed back into next year, and being replaced with another newcomer. Anybody who thinks we're getting 2 Vets announced at the same time is delusional, that's not how you build hype, and you always announce a Vet and a Newcomer. People want to see something new and exciting, not simply the return of something they've already seen before. Add to that the fact this is the final dedicated Smash direct, and it'll be 6 months since the last DLC, which has been shown is the time period required for at least 3 characters to be developed completely(since we know 2 were in some sort of playable form around June due to the 2 slots in the code). I'm expecting this Newcomer(s) to likely be Proto-Ballot, in that they were on a short list of popular First party characters, using the data they had from the past, then using the first 1-2 months of the ballot to filter out the choices, possibly with the third being picked later into the Ballot. Now, I also think it's possible that more have been planned using the full ballot, for the first 4 Months of next year. Nintendo tends to end DLC periods in May, so that they have consistent sales and interest, and then leave people curious for new announcements the following month at E3. I could also see Wolf being saved as a promotional event, and with Star Fox Zero coming out in April, well that seems like it could work.

But hey that's my thought, but it's just insane to think that we've had DLC releasing for what, 7 months now, and 5 characters, but we haven't had a single  Nintendo newcomer, so we're long overdue, and I doubt we'd get less Nintendo characters than we did third party(I mean look at base game newcomer ratios, not including miis, it's 6:1 or 15:2) I mean vets only are so much, since they've been seen before and can be developed off previous assets. Admittedly pre-ballot there were only a few obvious candidates, which is likely why none were chosen prior to the ballot start. Since the Ballot would allow them to justify non-assured picks of characters that would be second or third tier on a normal Smash development shortlist, it opened up the field for a lot more possibilities that likely wouldn't have made the cut of the next smash. Throw in Sakurai's enjoyment of unique gimmicks and movesets, I'm expecting some interesting choices next month for immediate release and announced for the future