Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

The font for all the text in the image also doesn't match the one used on the actual website, although it could just be my computer.

If it were real and they were planning the Smash Direct for that day, though, I could see them keeping the "TBA" until then and then surprising people by not only revealing new characters but also saying "Cloud will be available after this presentation."

The font for all the text in the image also doesn't match the one used on the actual website, although it could just be my computer.

If it were real and they were planning the Smash Direct for that day, though, I could see them keeping the "TBA" until then and then surprising people by not only revealing new characters but also saying "Cloud will be available after this presentation."

Its actually incredibly easy to go onto the site, edit the text using Firebug and take a snapshot of that. This isn't the days of exotic flash sites anymore, most of that is all pure text and its very easy to set customs fonts on a website now. I mean, sometimes text can be in an image, but if it needs to be easily editable making it an image is a horrible idea.

Its actually incredibly easy to go onto the site, edit the text using Firebug and take a snapshot of that. This isn't the days of exotic flash sites anymore, most of that is all pure text and its very easy to set customs fonts on a website now. I mean, sometimes text can be in an image, but if it needs to be easily editable making it an image is a horrible idea.

I actually legitimately didn't know you could do that, but that does make sense. In fact, I decided to try it in Chrome:

Screen_Shot_2015-11-15_at_5.31.44_PM.thu

...Wow, it really is incredibly easy.

• Thumbs Up 7

I actually legitimately didn't know you could do that, but that does make sense. In fact, I decided to try it in Chrome:

Screen_Shot_2015-11-15_at_5.31.44_PM.thu

...Wow, it really is incredibly easy.

JESUS THAT PRICE

is far more generous than I expected :^)

• Thumbs Up 2

JESUS THAT PRICE

is far more generous than I expected :^)

Yeah, it's always good to save a few bucks by buying it for both platforms. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I was still shocked that Cloud had made it into Smash. I honestly thought he was one of the unlikely but I guess Sakurai proved me wrong. Apparently anything can be accomplished with Sakurai Magic.

Think Nintendo will announce other new characters at Smash Direct?

Multiple, that's the entire point of it, in fact I think the two other characters currently in the code will be released alongside Cloud for huge christmas hype, then a number of characters announced for release over the period of spring(like 2-4)

I sincerely hope they'll announce Banjo and Kazooie, they're my #1 pick! I know that Shovel Knight has had plenty of requests too!

Wonder what the likelihood of putting someone like Goku in Smash would be, haha. Could you imagine that? c:

• Thumbs Up 1

Increasingly I have come to hope that, should Golden Sun's Isaac get in off the ballot, they not only make sure not to show him using his sword but actually remove the sword from his design altogether.  After all, it's not as if he needs it.  (I'm not sure there's even any official art in which he actually wields a sword.)

Increasingly I have come to hope that, should Golden Sun's Isaac get in off the ballot, they not only make sure not to show him using his sword but actually remove the sword from his design altogether.  After all, it's not as if he needs it.  (I'm not sure there's even any official art in which he actually wields a sword.)

I don't think they'll remove his sword all-together. He'll probably use it for his standard string and a couple of tilts. Would be neat, though, if they had him switch weapons depending on the situation. Like, make some of his attacks unleashes, and have him use a different weapon for each one. He could get off without using a single weapon, though, and just go straight psynergy, heck, even Venus-exclusive he'd be fine.

I think that all his standard attacks should be a combination of psynergy and unleashes (not too many unleashes, though, probably only a couple), his grabs should be hand psynergy ("Catch" for basic, "Crush" for dthrow, "Move" for fthrow, "Lift" for uthrow, etc.), and his specials be Djinn. Final Smash has to be Judgment.

Although at this point I do think Isaac is the most obscure character who still has a chance of making it in, since he has been a pretty popular ballot request. I definitely don't think he would have been started before the ballot ended (someone like King K. Rool on the other hand...), but I do think he's got a strong possibility of still happening.

• Thumbs Up 2

So curious here. From all of those poll results we saw. did Cloud pop up in most of those?

Eh, not really. Occasionally he'd pop up,  but he was much more common in the Japanese polls.

It think it's downhill from here.

Final Smash Bros presentation is next month. We're probably gonna find out who the remaining fighters are, but I don't see how any of them could generate the hype or discussion that Cloud did. After he got in I was forced to turn in my speculation license, so I don't really have any predictions, but it feels like they set the bar really high.  

Relevant to the discussion about Mopey Dopey Mr.Strife

YFFHSNW.jpg

Lythero did it first. :V

• Thumbs Up 4

I just realized something.

We're probably going to get a poster drawn by Tetsuya Nomura or another FF artist.

Holy smokes.

• Thumbs Up 7

It think it's downhill from here.

Final Smash Bros presentation is next month. We're probably gonna find out who the remaining fighters are, but I don't see how any of them could generate the hype or discussion that Cloud did. After he got in I was forced to turn in my speculation license, so I don't really have any predictions, but it feels like they set the bar really high.  

Lythero did it first. :V

I have to agree honestly. I don't think we've got any more big surprising third-party characters coming, and if we do, we've got one at most.

Those are, if you like, the two drawbacks of the ballot.  One is that the result almost certainly cannot be unpredictable - we all know the front-runners and top picks.  The other is that the ballot choices are by definition characters who the developers did not otherwise think deserved to be in the game.

The other is that the ballot choices are by definition characters who the developers did not otherwise think deserved to be in the game.

Not necessarily. It just means they didn't think the characters in question were as good of choices as other characters they did choose at this point in time, but its very likely, and entirely possible, several of them were characters who just barely didn't make the cut.

In this case that's quite easy to do since a lot of characters haven't been used in a while, but are still characters Sakurai might've been interested in and just didn't want to use them due to the possibility they wouldn't appear again in the future.

Sakurai may have thought some characters deserved to be in, but was concerned with the longevity of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I'm alone on this like the Ice Climber thing, but I'd very much appreciate it if the ballot frontrunners who didn't get in could at least get a Mii Costume for just barely missing the mark. Much better than not having them in at all, y'know?

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I'm alone on this like the Ice Climber thing, but I'd very much appreciate it if the ballot frontrunners who didn't get in could at least get a Mii Costume for just barely missing the mark. Much better than not having them in at all, y'know?

well that's what happened to K.Rool. watch him not make it and the costume is the consoulation prize.

well that's what happened to K.Rool. watch him not make it and the costume is the consoulation prize.

Considering how early the costume was made and how its been touted as a "retro" costume... its incredibly unlikely it was a consolation prize that early on, regardless of whether he ends up playable or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: There are actually 2 slots left as of the recent update in October

super smash characters patch

Edited by DBZHedgy

EDIT: There are actually 2 slots left as of the recent update in October

super smash characters patch

Way I see it is that those 3 slots are for a release in December with the length of time in the code is similar to the time period for the Royu/Lucas group release, so I think we're in for a instantaneous release of 3 characters(Cloud being one, and more characters after December)

• Thumbs Up 1