Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I actually legitimately didn't know you could do that, but that does make sense. In fact, I decided to try it in Chrome:

Screen_Shot_2015-11-15_at_5.31.44_PM.thu

...Wow, it really is incredibly easy.

spit.gif

$562?! what a steal!!

(Thats actually pretty cool, I wonder how else we can fuck with the site like this?)

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually legitimately didn't know you could do that, but that does make sense. In fact, I decided to try it in Chrome:

Why is Cloud almost $600 on the 3DS?! You save a few hundred dollars buying him for both systems, think that's what I'll do. c:

• Thumbs Up 1

phoenix-ohshit.gifGUYS!!! Nobody told me that Black Friday & Cyber Monday were coming this earlllllllllllllly! yuu-boing.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Week after Thanksgiving I'm going to get all the DLC characters, and pick and choose on which stages I want, Mii costumes aren't worth it for me

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, they're not wrong...

Anyone who wants Miku over anyone else or even at all is wrong. Very, very wrong.

• Thumbs Up 9

Anyone who wants Miku over anyone else or even at all is wrong. Very, very wrong.

jBKtwXE.gif

I do not think THEY are the wrong ones, comrade.

I say from a COMPLETELY unbiased position 

• Thumbs Up 8

jBKtwXE.gif

I do not think THEY are the wrong ones, comrade.

I say from a COMPLETELY unbiased position 

You're losing it Tracker, you know who you really want in Smash is Segata! Also just because Cloud through off expectations does not mean "Anyone" is still possible, just that the Mascot of of a series does not need to be from the games that made the series iconic on Nintendo. Final Fantasy still has dozens of entries on Nintendo Platforms, just the mascot happens not to be from it, yet he has had half a dozen games he's been on on Nintendo. and no way does that invalidate the has to originate in Video games clause(ROB counts since he IS a videogame)

If you think I genuinely believe Miku has a chance in Smash Bros, I'm not the crazy one here

I know, why do you think I mentioned Segata XD

I wouldn't mind seeing Miku in Smash, I don't know how it would work and it would be kind of odd, but I'm open for any possibilities! c:

Mii costumes aren't worth it for me

I agree, but then again I don't use the Mii Fighters at all. Why be a Mii when you can be your favorite Nintendo character? Guess it could be because they can be customized? I don't really get it, but people use who they like, so that's all that matters. c:

I wouldn't mind seeing Miku in Smash, I don't know how it would work and it would be kind of odd, but I'm open for any possibilities! c:

I agree, but then again I don't use the Mii Fighters at all. Why be a Mii when you can be your favorite Nintendo character? Guess it could be because they can be customized? I don't really get it, but people use who they like, so that's all that matters. c:

cause people wanna maybe play as themselves, or a unlikely character or person, and beat up their favorite Nintendo characters?

I like the novelty of the Mii costumes quite a lot.

It works for both the developers and the players since essentially you can main some of your favorite characters without having to learn a new character. Sort of a cheap substitute, but I think it's a nice thing to have for characters who would otherwise not make it in at all.

and uh you can also fight as your mii, but who even does that? 

• Thumbs Up 3

I use the Mii Brawler and Swordfighter, with a Waluigi Mii for both and Zero as the Swordfighter. But since you're not allowed to use them online with strangers, I don't use them as frequently as my other mains or purchase additional costumes. 

Kind of a shame you can't use customized things like that online, isn't it? You think there would be like some sort of separate mode for it or something like that.

I think the only real reason Miis aren't a For Glory thing is because they didn't want to worry about focusing on moderating the community as much, which shows since so many awful Miiverse posts are brought up in the Miiverse stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the only real reason Miis aren't a For Glory thing is because they didn't want to worry about focusing on moderating the community as much, which shows since so many awful Miiverse posts are brought up in the Miiverse stage.

Yeah. Can you imagine how many warnings/bans they'd have to give out to Hitlers and awful racial caricatures?

I guess they could always offer the option to not draw the Mii's custom features clientside so that your opponent always saw generic ones, but that would probably dillute their flavor. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't understand why they didn't do that as an option but it's not that big a deal since random matches don't allow custom moves anyway, so why would you want to play as Mii.

What is ridiculous though is that Tourneys allow Mii usage don't they?  I'm sure I saw one the other day that was "Miis Only" as the rules, an official generated "regular" one at that.  And they're always with random people so... what's the point if it's a content issue.

Regarding Miis as characters, I just can't quite suspend my disbelief in the end.  They're cool to have for like "funny" matchups and stuff, but I don't take any pleasure in playing as my OCs or other characters, because they don't quite look like said characters and they don't have anything like the moveset that character would really have.  I'm a bit of an all-or-nothing person, as nice a gesture as the fanservice provided by the costumes are.  I'd rather play proper characters that are represented in full than play as not-really-Inklings or not-really-Heihachi, etc.   Honestly in my head, simply free updates that add more trophies to the game to collect of all these characters in their regular form would be more fun for my personal Smash experience than stretching them over simplistic cartooney Mii bodies to play as with generic movesets, but that's just me.

Since Miis never show up as random opponents in costumed form either, as a primarily solo Smash player the DLC means nothing to me even as potential opponents (which is why I bought all the character DLC so far even though I have no plans to play any of them beyond Classic and All-Star).

• Thumbs Up 1

You know it's interesting, regarding western third parties, there's only one I can see happening, because it's a special case, and that's Banjo-Kazooie because is a very special case, but if they were to happen, I get the feeling it would have ramifications outside of Smash(like Nintendo buying his rights, or at least getting the rights to put his N64 and GBA games on VC.

Fact is Third party is nearing it's end, and if there's going to be another one it's going to be something spectacular, which rules out just about any western IP other than B-K.

Also, It's funny Microsoft technically is both first and third party, since it owns several developers that it still allows to release on several platforms, and creates a number of software used to develop games as well

I find myself sincerely hoping that the majority of ballot picks are newcomers, mainly because I'd hope that returning veterans wouldn't have to be voted in this wasting potential  slots; rather,  I'm hoping that most veterans will be a Roy/Ryu/MewTwo/Lucas case in terms of getting into Smash 4.

• Thumbs Up 3

Training a Little Mac amiibo sure was an unusual experience.

I had to refrain from air attacking, like what I did with the other amiibo I trained. I did more one on ones when training than usual, and I had to feed him equipment to increase his recovery skills. I also tried to get "Mac Baby!" to counter more often. I had him fight my Marth amiibo "Murf", several Countering CPUS and even used Shulk to land more counters, but he still isn't doing it as often as I'd want him to.

He still needs more work.