Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I decided I'd go ahead and update my bingo card with 3 more characters, to make it a square. I also fixed the free space (which is Cloud). I also added a shadow to Bomberman, since I forgot to do that...

RRnJKxf.png

If you're wondering: The bottom left is Simon Belmont from Mirror of Fate. I feel like they could use any of his designs, I just went with basically the most recent one on a Nintendo console/handheld.

Oh, really?

That's strange, I didn't see that until after the trailer, sorry about that.

That's because he didn't post it until after the trailer. What he said is "I think I fulfilled a popular request" or something on those lines. The early mistranslations implied he was talking about future reveals, not past ones.

I don't agree Lucas being that low. 

Just gonna throw it out there but I think he should take ness's spot and ness would go down abit. Probably right behind Lucas.

You actually linked to one of the guy who 2 stocked Nairo ZSS. he very known to be the best currently with Ryu, You should take a look of someone called HoH_Venom. he has a crazy Ryu. probably high chance to be the best Ryu of Canada either.

i saw hhim play at lanwar last weekend and his ryu is sick. Wish I played him in friendlies though. one of the top Lucas players beat him in bracket and that set was hype to watch in person.

Him doing so well with Lucas against the top Toronto players makes me believe Lucas is better than ness. It's understandable now that he's low because not alot of results compared to ryu because ryu is getting tons of results due to unique playstyle and he's fucking godlike! Lol 

I definitely see Lucas being up there.

And if im wrong then I'm wrong and that would suck because I've recently started playing lucas. He's actually fun.

Well, since everyone else is doing it, I made a bingo card, too.

aGmZdRt.png

Not necessarily expectations, but also hopes and dreams. 

6m0tZVS.jpg

Lucas is nowhere near good as Ness, and he's been nerfed pretty hard from Brawl well despite being low-tier in that game.

Only thing he has over Ness is a much better recovery and a zair, otherwise Ness does almost everything better than him.

Also I'm gonna do that character bingo thing once I get on a computer.

My bingo card is on my todo list, but double checking some snow gear and cleaning the loft comes first. Also finally got Ryu, although I'm going to have to wait on other dlc characters until I get my budget next month

Courtesy of Bowbowis, here's my bingo card:

Smash_bingo.jpg.3140c9003c239950cca28748

I reserved the third party characters in the low part of the grid (well, the center too considering Yokai Watch isn't 100% Nintendo). As you can guess, Vaati and Daroach are my wild cards, but i still have hopes for both (Vaati being the second most prominent antagonist in the Zelda franchise and Daroach -or any new Kirby character for that matter- because Sakurai may want to pay one more homage to one of its creations).

Here's my list. Personally I'd like Ryo Hazuki the most. Considering that Capcom has 2 reps, another SEGA charcter might join the fray, if you also consider that Cloud never really appeared on a Nintendo console (just like Ryo).... Shenmue 3 was announced alongside FF7 remake, it's not too much of a stretch imo. Besides, I'd personally save new first party character for Smash 5.

image.jpeg

Here's my list. Personally I'd like Ryo Hazuki the most. Considering that Capcom has 2 reps, another SEGA charcter might join the fray, if you also consider that Cloud never really appeared on a Nintendo console (just like Ryo).... Shenmue 3 was announced alongside FF7 remake, it's not too much of a stretch imo. Besides, I'd personally save new first party character for Smash 5.

image.jpeg

Cloud has appeared on Nintendo consoles, and Final Fantasy is a MAJOR series to this day on Nintendo consoles from the beginning, whereas Shemmue has never been on Nintendo Consoles, and likely never will be, so completely different ballparks

Cloud has appeared on Nintendo consoles, and Final Fantasy is a MAJOR series to this day on Nintendo consoles from the beginning, whereas Shemmue has never been on Nintendo Consoles, and likely never will be, so completely different ballparks

still not entirely out of the question though....

Let me dream some :)

EDIT: Ryo Hazuki appeared on a Nintendo console before... both Wii and Ds: Sonic & All Stars Racing. It counts as something I suppose

Edited by DaN

gEDJvpX.pngGsGHmaw.png

Decided to do bingo sheets for Mii Fighter Costumes and stages.

They're partly want lists and partly expect lists (I'd rather have Lip, Phoenix Wright, Valkyre and Arle playable than costumes and I'd rather have a new Electroplankton stage than Hanebow returning.)

I finally gained the opportunity to grab a Fox amiibo the other day. I got 2 of them! c:

That's all I really need for now, until Shovel Knight is released, or if they announce Banjo and Kazooie for Smash!

Welp, here's mine, actually meant to add Ridley too, but I forgot, on the other hand he is the most hype first party character I could imagine. and while I think the Inklings are possible,  I still am not sure they are that likely

1Ok170W.jpg

So, K.rool, Captain Syrup, Wolf, Mike Jones, Krystal, Pico, Banjo, Bomberman, Ryu Hayabusa, and Smi are all obvious why I put them on here, but there are two I need to explain. With Dr Eggman reason I chose him was that Sega, while having a large collection of IPs have very few that are associated with Nintendo heavily and recently(Nights probably being the closest, but it's never been a best seller), and Dr Eggman is one of the most popular characters around making him an easy candidate while he fulfills all the criteria for Smash, and in regards to video game fans in general, he is definitely one of the more iconic villains around, and extremely popular almost in equal standing to Sonic. As with Grunty, well way I see it is that if Sakurai goes to the trouble of securing the rights to B-K for smash, why wouldn't he go ahead and use the iconic female villain why he's at it? She's a far shot, but way I see it if B-K in smash happens, there's going to be some move alongside, whether being B-K VC rights, or heck maybe outright buying the IP(since microsoft not only failed with it, they've essentially retired it at this point)

Should be interesting to see what happens, personally I see it happening in the next 2 weeks

Nowadays FF is usually relegated to one off forgettable spinoffs when regarding Nintendo, while the bigger things are usually tied to Sony (FF7HD, Dissidia) or Sony and to a degree Microsoft (FF13, FF15). Most still associate Cloud with Sony, and reasonably so, so the shock of him being in Smash is pretty justified in that regard.

and like was said, there was Sonic & Sega which to me, is just as fair a reason as people give for Cloud. Again, I think we're past the point where rules like this can be used to guarantee a character not getting in(unless it's a first party owned series like Halo & Ratchet).

Edited by Michael Munroe

Nowadays FF is usually relegated to one off forgettable spinoffs when regarding Nintendo, while the bigger things are usually tied to Sony (FF7HD, Dissidia) or Sony and to a degree Microsoft (FF13, FF15). Most still associate Cloud with Sony, and reasonably so, so the shock of him being in Smash is pretty justified in that regard.

and like was said, there was Sonic & Sega which to me, is just as fair a reason as people give for Cloud. Again, I think we're past the point where rules like this can be used to guarantee a character not getting in(unless it's a first party owned series like Halo & Ratchet).

Yet Final Fantasy did start on Nintendo, while Shemmue did not and has never had a relationship at all, and at this point appears to be Sony exclusive. Also what could he even bring to the table moveset wise that would actually be interesting? he's just a random normal guy

Yet Final Fantasy did start on Nintendo, while Shemmue did not and has never had a relationship at all, and at this point appears to be Sony exclusive. Also what could he even bring to the table moveset wise that would actually be interesting? he's just a random normal guy

is the series a first party for Sony? Cause I've just gone off the assumption that it's a 3rd party franchise, that is being heavily associated with Sony, much like Cloud and FF7.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shenmue 3 is coming to Windows as well as PS4. It's not a Sony exclusive game. 

Not going to really discuss who I think is and isn't likely, since Cloud forced me to turn in my speculation license, but I would like to say ahead of time, with 99% confidence, that none of you guys are going to get bingo. Seriously. 

• Thumbs Up 9

Not going to really discuss who I think is and isn't likely, since Cloud forced me to turn in my speculation license, but I would like to say ahead of time, with 99% confidence, that none of you guys are going to get bingo. Seriously. 

well I mean there are only going to be two characters revealed so I'd say it's at least something if we got both, or even at least one :V

Even though Cloud is like WHOA HOLY COW that was a Sakurai pick, like Ryu, mainly in the vein of showing that anyone is capable of joining

The ballot characters, characters that many many people voted for with Confidence, unlike Cloud, will be revealed, so it would be pretty odd to not see a single ballot character being revealed at all.

The ballot even being applied for this game was an assumption from the get go. 

So is "We're getting two characters." We could easily get less or more than that

• Thumbs Up 1

The ballot even being applied for this game was an assumption from the get go. 

So is "We're getting two characters." We could easily get less or more than that

It may be mostly circumstantial, but all the data points to us getting a 3 character release like E3(at the least), with the files in the code, the development time that has passed(they have people who solely work on characters), and the time of year(it's always hype to release something awesome around Christmas. Also the previous Japanese equivilent to the ballot did get listened to, the difference is that we currently have the game in development rather than being in the space between games. For me what I saw with the ballot is the first month or so was heavily observed, and some of the most popular characters with the most potential where crosschecked with the long list(which is the earlier development list that generally enters the beginnings of the concept stage, but don't necessarily get put into development). Then at the end of the ballot, the data gets saved for future applications, and the front-runners, the top 40 or so eligible character are looked at a gain, and if there's enough time in the budget they chose from that to get the spring wave of characters if that happens.

Never hurts to be positive, especially when the data backs you

Why is everyone making Bingo cards? For the upcoming Smash Direct?

Yep, things have been quiet in this thread other than boring speculative talk, so I thought I'd get the fun going, here's the explanation

Ok, with us about to enter the 2 week High likelihood period where we are most likely to get the smash direct, I think it's time to throw some new life into this thread for that time period, so it's time for:

Mando's character bingo!

So needless say we all know how bingo works, but here's the rules for this one:

• 3X3 or 4X4 grid your pick, if you can't choose enough to fill out the lower grid, you can put in a wildcard
  • Third Party characters cannot exceed a half of the board(was tempted to say 4, but I'll give you guys a little slack room)
  • Video game characters only(duh, that's the primary confirmed rule)
  • Character's series must have been on a Nintendo platform, if not character themselves(so no Master Chief guys, nor Steve from Minecraft; This is more to prevent joke rosters than anything, this is for fun, but not to be outright silly)
  • You can take one slot to predict the number of characters to be released/announced and this can include Cloud

So needless to say no real winners or prizes, other than seeing characters you want happen, but there is a nominal booby prize:

If you choose so, you can bet that you will predict a character(or characters, your pick) right, and do a little avatar bet if you lose that you will change your avatar for a week to one of the actually announced characters

So yep this is all in good fun, if you choose to opt in to the booby prize, just state so. Have fun! I'll put in mine soon enough

I'm wondering, what buffs/nerfs to characters do you guys hope for when the Cloud patch rolls around this month? (last day of November, but we're practically in December at this point tbh)