Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Also, I've seen people suggest there could be a port of Smash 4 to NX. Then we could get Smash NX Directs ;D

That might not be a bad idea; Smash 4 is so definitive that I don't see them being able to top it for quite a long time, so why not keep updating and maintaining it?

I can see that: Smash Bros Definitive Edition, with all DLC and exclusive content only for the NX and the New 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 4

I really can't see them going on with the DLC much longer. They already worked a year on DLC, I honestly don't think they will keep together the Team for much longer than that.

I think 3 characters is the max we're going to get. Maybe a fourth one that they could squeeze in because it was an easy Veteran or something, but I think we're quickly approaching the end of the DLC.

Edited by Thigolf Rednosed Reindeer

I can see that: Smash Bros Definitive Edition, with all DLC and exclusive content only for the NX and the New 3DS.

I wouldn't expect New 3DS. NX is going to have a home console and a handheld one, so I think it would basically be Smash Bros Ultimate with all DLC and stages from both versions that could be playable on any NX console. 

Would be cool if they'd add Ice Climbers since 3DS wouldn't be holding it back.

I really can't see them going on with the DLC much longer. They already worked a year on DLC, I honestly don't think they will keep together the Team for much longer than that.

I think 3 characters is the max we're going to get. Maybe a fourth one that they could squeeze in because it was an easy Veteran or something, but I think we're quickly approaching the end of the DLC.

I think we'll get 2-3 characters this month and 1-2 next year, to be honest. This month, Cloud and maybe a veteran or two. 

Is anybody here contributing to this week's Team Conquest competetion between Sonic and Lucario as well? I've been trying to contribute only to Sonic so far (Given that I post on a Sonic fan-site), though I've had my fair share of wins and losses in the deciding matches, since Sonic's pretty finicky gameplay-wise to me with how easy it is to intercept him, although I think I rely way too much on the spindash for approaching tools.:huh:

An extended life to Smash eh?  Hmmmm,  unlikely as it may seem,  I could also see them saving a story mode of some sort (maybe cutscene-less :P) to a more definitive version that finally has all it's characters in mind. 

I'm really starting to lose faith about Krystal getting into Smash. I really want her to get it but it seems like Nintendo is kind of pushing her aside and want to slowly forget that she ever existed. I don't know, this may be me and I maybe overthinking it but yeah my hopes for Krystal getting in have dropped quite a bit. The ones that I'm still have high hopes getting in is Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. If either one of them get announced I will be super happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really starting to lose faith about Krystal getting into Smash. I really want her to get it but it seems like Nintendo is kind of pushing her aside and want to slowly forget that she ever existed. I don't know, this may be me and I maybe overthinking it but yeah my hopes for Krystal getting in have dropped quite a bit. The ones that I'm still have high hopes getting in is Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. If either one of them get announced I will be super happy.

Nintendo has lately wanted to forget alot of what Rare created. Sure they kept beloved characters like Diddy ,Dixie , cranky, funky, Rambi, and squawks and sure the kritters appear in smash but other than that the kremlings are all but forgotten

• Thumbs Up 1

I have reason to beleive that the Smash direct will be on 18th since it will not only be the anniversary of Mega Man, but also of Final Fantasy, due to Cloud's inclusion as DLC

Meanwhile Gamestop's listings show a DLC pack as early as the 5th.

IAN4Ben.jpg

$9.73 would be enough for everything Cloud related, but likely not much else.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, Krystal has a lot of competition in terms of inclusion in Smash, and her lack of appearance in Star Fox Zero doesn't mean anything, since that game is yet another remake of Star Fox SNES/64. The guy at Platinum who even confirmed her absence also said that he'd actually like to see her in a sequel, which implies that she could show up again in another game. Let's not lose our heads over this.

Nintendo has lately wanted to forget alot of what Rare created. Sure they kept beloved characters like Diddy ,Dixie , cranky, funky, Rambi, and squawks and sure the kritters appear in smash but other than that the kremlings are all but forgotten

Eh, that's a somewhat pessimistic view of things, it's making a rather bold assumption that Retro not including the Kremlings in Returns and Tropical Freeze implies that Nintendo is trying to actively ignore Rare's stuff, instead of it simply being Retro wanting different casts of enemies rather than rehashing the Kremlings again.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, Krystal has a lot of competition in terms of inclusion in Smash, and her lack of appearance in Star Fox Zero doesn't mean anything, since that game is yet another remake of Star Fox SNES/64. The guy at Platinum who even confirmed her absence also said that he'd actually like to see her in a sequel, which implies that she could show up again in another game. Let's not lose our heads over this.

Miyamoto literally said that it's not a remake nor is it a re-imagining; it is it's own, separate thing in the continuity.

Eh, that's a somewhat pessimistic view of things, it's making a rather bold assumption that Retro not including the Kremlings in Returns and Tropical Freeze implies that Nintendo is trying to actively ignore Rare's stuff, instead of it simply being Retro wanting different casts of enemies rather than rehashing the Kremlings again.

There's a Nintendo Power interview with Tanabe were he is asked why the Kremlings arent in the game. He said Retro wanted to add them but Miyamoto didnt see a reason for there return so Retro created its original enemies.

The 5th? It's possible. They generally announce the release date for these presentations 1-2 days before it happens. But considering how cheap it is, IDK. That's like Cloud, his stage and a few Mii costumes maybe. Doesn't seem like anyone else would come with him.

I was thinking the direct would take place on the 10th, but Pokken has a character announcement for that day, so I don't think so anymore. I dunno, I still think it might happen much later just so I don't get too excited, hehe.

An extended life to Smash eh?  Hmmmm,  unlikely as it may seem,  I could also see them saving a story mode of some sort (maybe cutscene-less :P) to a more definitive version that finally has all it's characters in mind. 

I hope we eventually get another story mode! Subspace Emissary was incredible, and I was really looking forward to seeing something like that for Smash 4. I think it was going to originally, but people began to leak the story online, so they just cancelled it. :c

Respectfully, I couldn't see Krystal getting into Smash, as awesome as it would be. There's too much competition for the next slot(s), and I don't think she's nearly popular enough to beat some of the most requested like Banjo and Kazooie or even Shovel Knight.

Also, I understand what you're saying with Nintendo kind of pushing her aside. But who's to say she's out of the series in general? Zero is theorized to be a separate timeline from the games we already know, like another branch. This is the 3rd time they've remade the original story (unless you want to count 64 3D). They very well could be making Zero to test out how today's gaming community responds to Star Fox, and if it's well, they'll bring in the other timeline.

But hey, that's just a theory.

• Thumbs Up 3

Didn't Krystal come top, or pretty high, in a Japanese-fanbase poll, though?  If she happened to be the top-requested character on Nintendo's home turf, I don't think they'd be able to ignore it.  So I get the impression that she's in with a chance, though I don't know much about her myself.

Didn't Krystal come top, or pretty high, in a Japanese-fanbase poll, though?  If she happened to be the top-requested character on Nintendo's home turf, I don't think they'd be able to ignore it.  So I get the impression that she's in with a chance, though I don't know much about her myself.

She was pretty high in Push Dustin's analysis. Push Dustin's listing wasn't exactly a poll, but he did rate how much certain characters were being talked about. In his original one back in early Spring this year Krystal was the #2 newcomer. I think she might've dropped in his more recent one from a few months ago, but in both K. Rool was the #1 newcomer (and in the more recent one K. Rool was #1 overall).

Those are the only Japanese "polls" that I know of. (Again, technically not polls, just analysing what Japanese fans thought in different forums and social media).

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean no disrespect when I ask this, because I barely know anything about the character, but what's the fascination with King K. Rool being in Smash Bros? That's honestly one of the most discussed characters I've heard of since Melee.

EDIT: By the way...[Link(Thanks to Temmieskaven's status!)

Nintendo dir

Anniversarry of japan smash u

KR
W1
Is
W

Bye!!!!! つづく

Maybe it's a hint of what to expect at the Smash Bros direct? Best guess I've seen was-

King K. Rool
Wonder Red
Isaac
Wolf

Thoughts? 

Also there was an image of this.

1449086231348.jpg 

EDIT 2: Now who does that look like under Donkey Kong?

Edited by PeridotShades

I mean no disrespect when I ask this, because I barely know anything about the character, but what's the fascination with King K. Rool being in Smash Bros? That's honestly one of the most discussed characters I've heard of since Melee.

EDIT: By the way...[Link(Thanks to Temmieskaven's status!)

Maybe it's a hint of what to expect at the Smash Bros direct? Best guess I've seen was-

Thoughts? 

Also there was an image of this.

Hidden Content

EDIT 2: Also about the blurred image, who does that look like under Donkey Kong?

It's Pit.

Don't believe this "leak".

I know without a shadow of a doubt that the picture is fake because DLC characters are added at the bottom, but the info, I'm not so sure about.

That is the blurriest fake leak I've ever seen. It's like, how much more blurry could this be? And the answer is "none." None more blurry.

Expecting the presentation to be somewhere in the middle of the month. I don't see reason to think it's happening that soon, but they probably want to get the word out before the holidays hit, too. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh Krystal has a better chance than Shovel Knight on the basis of being an actual Nintendo character, higher popularity, and being part of an established series that does decent sales.