Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

It's funny how Zelda still haven't gotten any new characters in this game lol

*looks at DK series

In uh, what context?

I believe that you know wwhat context I speak off

Alright so, final thoughts?

I personally didn't really care for the new Fire Emblem character. I mean the more characters the merrier, but I wasn't too hyped for it at all. Pretty sure everyone else was kind of feeling "meh" overall.

Cloud replay was okay, I wasn't too pumped for it either. Already knew what to expect from the announcement trailer.

Costumes weren't anything special, but Tails and Knuckles were pretty good ideas, they stood out the most to me.

But, let's dig in here a little bit. The most disappointing part overall wasn't the fact that the Smash Ballot champion was Bayonetta, but the fact that they only used a single character in the entire ballot. (Unless you count Cloud, which I think some people do.)

Bayonetta was a good choice as a newcomer in Smash. She was on my Top 5 list, but probably as 4 or 5. She looks great, I plan on getting her.

Back to the ballot, they only mentioned the #1 pick in Europe as Bayonetta, and said she was in the Top 10 in America. I was really hoping for the other results, know what I mean? Who was #1 in America and Japan? We weren't told. (Maybe in an update?)

I was also kind of disappointed that we didn't see Shovel Knight or Banjo & Kazooie, but I'm sure everyone else who didn't vote for Bayonetta is kind of bummed about that.

So overall, I'd rate the final Smash Direct at around a 3/10. I was pretty bummed, mostly due to the lack of content.

But hey, Bayonetta. c:

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo wasn't obligated to use Shovel Knight or Banjo. People just really wanted them. And where was it stated we'd be getting multiple choices from the ballot. I'd say it's reasonable we got one. As Sakurai said, it's very hard developing characters, so it comes off as ungrateful and unappreciative when people are like "that's it?"

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, how disappointing. Bayo and Dragon Marth at least look kinda fun to play, but I give exactly zero shits about either of them as characters. Man Smash 4 DLC as a whole has been pretty disappointing to me, got the whole history of Nintendo to pick from and they still miss basically anything I care about :/

• Thumbs Up 7

Nintendo wasn't obligated to use Shovel Knight or Banjo. People just really wanted them. And where was it stated we'd be getting multiple choices from the ballot. I'd say it's reasonable we got one. As Sakurai said, it's very hard developing characters, so it comes off as ungrateful and unappreciative when people are like "that's it?"

You're completely right, they didn't have to use them. I was only bummed about it because my picks weren't in there, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

However, I still think Bayonetta is a great pick, nonetheless. She's an awesome character.

But we were never timing Nintendo, I'm sure people would have been happy to wait for more characters. We waited this long.

How tasteless is negating Wolf to return even as a Mii costume? I mean, i can understand Isaac since he's honestly too obscure, but a veteran like Wolf?

Also, more Fire Animemblem, we totally needed that.

Bayonetta is fine, it's just a bit sad they chose only #1 pick of Europe from the ballot. But i guess Japan voted only for Paper Mario, so i suppose Sakurai wanted some variety.

Still, it leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bayonetta is fine, it's just a bit sad they chose only #1 pick of Europe from the ballot. But i guess Japan voted only for Paper Mario, so i suppose Sakurai wanted some variety.

I completely agree, it would have been great to see the other results from the ballot. Wonder who was the #1 pick in America?

Wow, how disappointing. Bayo and Dragon Marth at least look kinda fun to play, but I give exactly zero shits about either of them as characters. Man Smash 4 DLC as a whole has been pretty disappointing to me, got the whole history of Nintendo to pick from and they still miss basically anything I care about :/

You ever thought about playing their respective games so you can care about them?

yeah.... i feel the same as well. its sad. it start to be interesting and now i cant even give a shit about the DLCs for this game  ;p 

and i know its unpopular but i find bayo very boring and useless 

Edited by Mikyeong
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is it February yet.

Like.

I need my to play as my new main, as soon as possible.  I also need like 20 of her amiibo.

Because.

• Thumbs Up 5

Corrin is cool.

Bayonetta is cool.

Cloud is AWESOME

So yeah pretty satisfied. I am a bit sad that this is the end, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I keep saying it and I will say it again

I called Kamui. I had a feeling he would get in besides the fact I voted for him/her. Like I knew Sakurai wouldn't waste time to advertise the next FE much like he did with Roy. I honestly didn't see why he won't be considered and he got in which made my day. And yeah I'm loving his fighting style too since its unique. Becoming a dragon will make you pretty badass.

As for Bayo, I'm gonna be that one guy who goes "ehhhhhhhh....." I lost all my hype when I saw her appear. I know I'm gonna be called out on this but I didn't really find Bayonetta to be too exciting and just kind of there, perhaps more so than Snake. And I guess I do kind of wanted someone else but considering the alternates Bayonetta is ok. I just don't get the hype for both the character or her game, which I played btw and it was ok so that's that. If anything I do like how her world looks visually but I just find Bayonetta boring as a character. She just looks so bored doing these over the top things when you should be excited for and she really has a no nonsense attitude. I dunno maybe the satire is flying over my head but oh well. More power to the Bayo supporters.

Now commence the booing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ummmm. Those weren't the last fighters were they?

They wasted so much time on Cloud, who we already saw, and didn't announce anyone else. 

Also, when did Smash turn into an Anime/Fire Emblem game? My god, I hope you people are happy. I didn't get to see one goofy, actually adorkable game character make its way in. Shantae would have even filled that void. 

This can't be the end of the DLC. They have to continue. I'll offer up a ton of money to have another "gamey" character in. You know? 

Eh. Not too bad of a show though. Bayo does look fun. Corrin is just unnecessary though. An Inkling would have been a far better choice if we're doing game promotions for the hottest new Nintendo things. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't have a problem with Corrin...if there weren't already like 10 FE characters in. Like, I never cared for FE before, so it to me just makes me go ugh.

• Thumbs Up 6

I never cared about Cloud.

I never cared about Bayonetta.

And I definetly never wanted another FE character.

But goddamn, every single one of those characters looks super interesting and insanely fun to play as and completely won me over immediately.

I didn't get any of the characters I wanted, but the ones we got look so fun to me that I'm not even slightly disappointed. I'm completely satisfied and really looking forward to all of them. :D

• Thumbs Up 4

Ummmm. Those weren't the last fighters were they?

This can't be the end of the DLC. They have to continue. I'll offer up a ton of money to have another "gamey" character in. You know? 

Yeah, that's it for Smash U/3DS.

And it wouldn't matter, I think the game only came with so much DLC free space.

Yeah, that's it for Smash U/3DS.

And it wouldn't matter, I think the game only came with so much DLC free space.

Bu-But. Shovel Knight. Shantae. Lilac. Rayman