Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Cloud art

[pic]

It looks absolutely fantastic. Are they implying that Link and Cloud are rivals? Death Battle already settled that debate, haha. Also, I kind of thought that Pit was Link's rival in Smash U? You know, from the Palutena trailer?

So, the website got updated.

That was quick. Great timing!

Bu-But. Shovel Knight. Shantae. Lilac. Rayman

Don't remind me. :/

You ever thought about playing their respective games so you can care about them?

Not everyone's gonna care about everything, man. Fire Emblem's kind of interesting but I've got too many grudges against RPG mechanics to enjoy them, and I tried the Bayo 2 demo and it was alright, but as far as Platinum stuff goes W101 is really more my kinda thing and I don't have the energy to learn such a technical game if it doesn't really pull me in.

Likewise I'm never going to care about Cloud because RPGs bore me to tears, I'm not into traditional fighters so Ryu's just ok, Roy is another FE character, Lucas is another RPG character, Mewtwo is another RPG character (though at least I have fond memories of him from Melee and when I used to play Pokemon).

And I'm not trying to get anyone down about this. If you like these characters, great, I'm happy for you. But I've still got my right to sulk a bit at how they managed to dodge any character I'd get excited about.

• Thumbs Up 6

I love how several of the costumes announced are so bulky that you can pretend that they're the characters themselves,  or merged so well, in cases such as Ashley.

Likewise I'm never going to care about Cloud because RPGs bore me to tears

*Pets Skyrim and Fallout 4*

Shh shh babies, he didn't mean it.

I'm not into traditional fighters so Ryu's just ok, Roy is another FE character, Lucas is another RPG character, Mewtwo is another RPG character (though at least I have fond memories of him from Melee and when I used to play Pokemon).

You're quick review all the DLC character, right? I'd kind of agree they're not the best. I only bought Mewtwo (only because my best friend wanted him) and I'll get Bayonetta, but that's about it.

I'm honestly fine with all these announcements. I have little interest in Corrin, I admit, and might have preferred an underrepresented franchise getting more love *cough*XENOBLADE*cough* but I thought his fighting style looked pretty cool, especially since he isn't only reliant on his sword, but his dragon powers as well. It ain't "Marth #4" and I'm happy about that.

I'm also pretty impressed with how they presented Cloud and it's a testament to the time, energy, and dedication of Sakurai and his team to get those details in and make him work within the context of Smash. I'm not a big fan of FFVII, but I can honestly say Cloud looks really fun to play.

And finally, Bayonetta. I was so pleased to see her, and like Cloud, she and her moveset are so faithfully reproduced, that I again have to admire the work that went into getting her in there. She wasn't the character I voted for, but she was a character I would've been very interested in seeing, I'm glad they were able to realize her and bring her into the fray.

I had no plans to buy further DLC, since I only play Smash casually, but these are characters I wouldn't mind dropping a few bucks for and rounding out the roster. Makes me excited to see what's done with the Smash franchise next, especially given what they've been able to achieve this go-around.

Edited by Zaysho

Honestly though I'm surprised, aside from Pokémon Trainer's other Pokémans and Snake, Wolf's the only new-to-Brawl character they didn't bring back. Not too disappointed since I'm not into Star Fox that much but still, it's weird. We even got Mewtwo and Roy back from Melee! Bruh.

I was seriously hoping for a Shadow costume though ;-;

*shrug* To each their own I guess, Bayonetta won the overall vote so I don't see an issue with her inclusion. All of the DLC characters have been interesting and unexpected to me, and I'm a fan of most of their games so this is coolio for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not everyone's gonna care about everything, man. Fire Emblem's kind of interesting but I've got too many grudges against RPG mechanics to enjoy them, and I tried the Bayo 2 demo and it was alright, but as far as Platinum stuff goes W101 is really more my kinda thing and I don't have the energy to learn such a technical game if it doesn't really pull me in.

Likewise I'm never going to care about Cloud because RPGs bore me to tears, I'm not into traditional fighters so Ryu's just ok, Roy is another FE character, Lucas is another RPG character, Mewtwo is another RPG character (though at least I have fond memories of him from Melee and when I used to play Pokemon).

And I'm not trying to get anyone down about this. If you like these characters, great, I'm happy for you. But I've still got my right to sulk a bit at how they managed to dodge any character I'd get excited about.

Welp, if anything their fighting syles still look pretty cool so thats something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nomura's drawing is great for the most part, but I would've preferred a more simple picture with just Link and Cloud clashing swords.  The other characters look like they're photobombing the picture in comparison to the legendary struggle that serves as the centerpiece.  That's just me though. 

The Bayonetta artwork is immaculate.  There are so many details and little stories hidden away in it, and the colors are so fucking perfect.  It's by far my favorite piece out of all the Smash artwork they've given us.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'll admit to being initially peeved , and now just merely annoyed  with Corrin, but I won't deny that he looks ultra fun to play as. Perhaps I should get around to playing the Fire Emblem series,  what with Roy ironically becoming one of my mains as of late.

Edited by Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon

Nomura's drawing is great for the most part, but I would've preferred a more simple picture with just Link and Cloud clashing swords.  The other characters look like they're photobombing the picture in comparison to the legendary struggle that serves as the centerpiece.  That's just me though. 

The Bayonetta artwork is immaculate.  There are so many details and little stories hidden away in it, and the colors a so fucking perfect.  It's by far my favorite piece out of all the Smash artwork they've given us.

All Smash posters to my knowledge have multiple characters though, so I'm assuming it's a requirement.

I'm honestly fine with all these announcements. I have little interest in Corrin, I admit, and might have preferred an underrepresented franchise getting more love *cough*XENOBLADE*cough* but I thought his fighting style looked pretty cool.

Is Shulk not enough?

Honestly though I'm surprised, aside from Pokémon Trainer's other Pokémans and Snake, Wolf's the only new-to-Brawl character they didn't bring back. Not too disappointed since I'm not into Star Fox that much but still, it's weird. We even got Mewtwo and Roy back from Melee! Bruh.

I was seriously hoping for a Shadow costume though ;-;

Don't forget Ice Climbers! I agree with you on the Shadow costume though. But maybe they didn't want to overdo it with Sonic characters? haha

*shrug* To each their own I guess, Bayonetta won the overall vote so I don't see an issue with her inclusion.

Well, I think it's because she only won the overall vote in Europe. They didn't even mention who won #1 in America or Japan. From what I got, she's basically the highest voted character that Nintendo would approve of making.

As excited as I am for everyone announced, I'm still disappointed at Wolf not coming back. We can't get what we always want, I suppose.

Kind of odd, isn't it? People loved Wolf. His Landmaster was OP'd as all hell. Since I've been getting better with Fox recently, I wouldn't have minded getting to play as him again.

All Smash posters to my knowledge have multiple characters though, so I'm assuming it's a requirement.

I'm assuming it is too, but I'm just saying how I thought it could be better.  Maybe shove Mario and Kirby into the background somewhere so Link and Cloud are in full view.  That's the part I feel is most important.  What's done is done though, it's still good despite my complaints; Nomura's a great character artist.

Is Shulk not enough?

I personally voted for Elma from X, just to get someone from a different generation and a recent game. It's just a matter of personal preference; I like Xenoblade, and I hoped to see more, that's all. But even without a character I actually took the time to vote for, I still think Corrin looks cool, so it's all good.

Kind of odd, isn't it? People loved Wolf. His Landmaster was OP'd as all hell. Since I've been getting better with Fox recently, I wouldn't have minded getting to play as him again.

It's double odd considering he would have been perfect to promote Star Fox Zero. And being a veteran, he wouldn't had required too much coding like new characters had.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, are they implying that Link's rival in Smash U is Cloud? Because I could have sworn it was Pit. However, this new rivalry seems pretty intense! c:

What I didn't really like about Nomura's poster is that Cloud is on it twice. Would've rather seen hi,m draw a different character.

About the Bayo art: Apparently there's background, for the lack of a better word, for each of the parallel fighters on it on it. I got,

Pit vs Meta Knight= Angel vs Demon

Yoshi vs Charizard = Dragon vs Dragon

Palutena vs Ganondorf = Goddess of Light vs Prince of Darkness

Shulk vs ROB = Never played Xenoblade, but I've seen a mention of Monado vs Robot Edit: Or the Mechons. That makes more sense..

Samus vs Lucina = Both had hidden genders in their games

Zelda vs Villager = ?

Peach vs Mr. Game & Watch = Frying Pan vs Frying Pan

Mega Man vs Bowser = ?

Ryu vs Little Mac = Both originally fighters

Also the exploding tower and moon make up the Smash symbol.

Edited by Marcello
  • Thumbs Up 1

Again, are they implying that Link's rival in Smash U is Cloud? Because I could have sworn it was Pit. However, this new rivalry seems pretty intense! c:

Smash Bros isn't Marvel vs Capcom. No one has a set rival for them. Everyone is anyone's rival haha.

• Thumbs Up 3

Both can manipulate ordinary objects to their advantage (Villager and his items, Zelda and her Phantom Armour)? I dunno, I'm stretching. 

I'm disappointed that Snake isn't returning although I'm not surprised considering that Metal Gear has pretty much been the centerpiece of Konami's recent implosion. In other news Corrin looks pretty badass, I might wind up maining him/her.

I suppose one of these I should probably get around to playing that copy of FF:VII that's been sitting in my Steam library for the last year or so.

Edited by Bowbowis