Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

when he decides to call out the developer and call foul play on no fair basis, and then act as if he's rightfully insulted, sorry, it comes off as being very salty and whiny and entitled. It's not making fun of someone when you call out their bs.

That wasn't my point but okay

You know when someone's angry their arguments are flawed and they say things they don't really mean. Obviously I don't agree with what he said but come on man, do you really think he would've said any of that if people were actually nice or even indifferent to him about K. Rool instead of saying things like "I can't wait to see all the K. Rool salt" and other related crap?

Sorry, I have something in me that automatically wants to defend people, and I'm going way off topic. Blegh.

Does anyone know if patch notes have been uploaded yet? I wanna know who's been buffed and nerfed.

Does anyone know if patch notes have been uploaded yet? I wanna know who's been buffed and nerfed.

Patch notes? Sora? Don't be silly.

Community patch notes are here.

• Thumbs Up 1

That wasn't my point but okay

You know when someone's angry their arguments are flawed and they say things they don't really mean. Obviously I don't agree with what he said but come on man, do you really think he would've said any of that if people were actually nice or even indifferent to him about K. Rool instead of saying things like "I can't wait to see all the K. Rool salt" and other related crap?

Sorry, I have something in me that automatically wants to defend people, and I'm going way off topic. Blegh.

where's the correlation between what  he said, and us? saying Sakurai flipped off fans was all on him. Saying he's insulted is all on him.

And again, tons of people have got frustrated, and none of them I've seen went and started spouting untrue assumptions about the creator cause 1. They're reasonable and understand it's always a gamble who will get in 2. Sakurai has worked his ass off on stuff he didn't even want to do while sick mind you most of the time and 3. Realize it's ultimately just a video game meant to bring friends together and have fun with. Getting legit angry seems a bit much and doesn't excuse any of what was said.

bur yeah, off topic I guess: So will Corrins music be added to 3DS as well?

Edited by Michael Munroe
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, it felt like a middle finger to the fanbase really. It felt as if Sakurai was saying, forget what you really want, I'll take a character I want and say it won, despite being an extremely failed series that tanked twice, over all the iconic and classic third party characters that actually have a legacy, and I'll piss you off from the start, by not only giving you a character from a game that hasn't even released in the west, spoiling their backstory, who is disliked in the region it's in, is part of a saturated skill style, and from a vastly over-represented franchise that has only sold 5 Million copies over a lifetime of what 15 games now, when you could have picked any number of iconic characters, from series that are beloved, or have splashed onto the scene(with on game Splatoon has already sold more than not only FEA, but over half the series in general). Not only that but the only Newcomer that is actually a Nintendo character is neither from an unrepped series, or even from a series that hasn't gotten a single character ingame. Not only is it disappointing, but it's downright insulting

Wow, stay mad son.

As a side note what the fuck is up with Midgar's music!? 

Half of my interest in new stages in Smash 4 is the music that comes with them.  I played it on 3DS at work first and was all ready to be like “wow once again the 3DS gets some really lame choices for a cross-platform stage” after seeing it had two original songs, just like Guar Plain etc.

Then I go onto Wii U and see those two original songs are the ONLY choices there as well.  The heck?

Well at least Sonic has finally been dethroned as “worst treated guest character in terms of music in Smash 4″.

Here’s a super gorgeous stage with ridiculously dramatic visual effects, enjoy your shitty PS1 era midi music that probably only appeals if you have the nostalgia factor for it.

I would have been really happy had they added other non-FFVII music too, like Chrono Trigger's battle theme or even something from one of the latest FF games. I never played the FFXIII series but this song from the latest entry kicks all kinds of ass and would have been a great fit for Midgar.

Gonna get hated for this, but I actually think some of FFXIII's music would have been a good fit for Midgar. As shitty as that series is to me, it's music was overall pretty solid, especially Lightning Returns.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonna get hated for this, but I actually think some of FFXIII's music would have been a good fit for Midgar. As shitty as that series is to me, it's music was overall pretty solid, especially Lightning Returns.

I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to say. I mean, if a Fire Emblem stage can have music from Glory of Heracles, and Luigi's Mansion can have Tetris songs, why not?

• Thumbs Up 1

Can you add music from other series to represent a character though?

Well, as I mentioned AFTER BURNER is in for Umbra Clock Tower, so that's a thing. 

Surprised they didn't go with Space Harrier's remix given Kamiya adores that game so much.

Well, as I mentioned AFTER BURNER is in for Umbra Clock Tower, so that's a thing. 

Surprised they didn't go with Space Harrier's remix given Kamiya adores that game so much.

Though, that was in Bayonetta.

There's a Golden Sun song in one of the stages. I think Skyloft, but I'm blanking here.

And I feel like people wouldn't be so irritated with them character if he hadn't tried to constantly bring the discussion back to him all the time even when people asked him to lay off. 

I agree he went too far at times, still some of the retaliation is just as bad, when not being overboard itself and uncalled for when it really gets ugly.

What did I JUST say?

Drop this tangent about Mando. Arguing about reactions and making snarky or passive-aggressive comments is just shitting up the thread.

Seriously, knock it off.

Though, that was in Bayonetta.

There's a Golden Sun song in one of the stages. I think Skyloft, but I'm blanking here.

Norfair actually, which is a bizarre choice but it does fit the mood of the stage at least.

I'm not very familiar with Final Fantasy at all, but I was expecting at least that one really well-known FF song, Liberati Fatali or whatever it's called?  Feels like it'd fit nicely.

Hmm, I know it's a bit early to speculate as we don't even know if a Smash 5 is guaranteed, but i think it'd be neat if Persona could show up. I mean considering Atlus and Nintendo's history as well as Persona Q being a thing, I'm honestly a bit surprised people weren't speculating on characters from that series. It would have been cool to see perhaps someone from P5 show up. (Though they'd have likely used Yu from 4)

• Thumbs Up 2

The more I think about it, I'm willing to bet that a major reason they went with a lower-profile (at least outside of Japan) character like Corrin as the only Nintendo-owned DLC newcomer is that they're saving the rest of the first- and second-party heavy-hitters for a possible future installment (or NX rerelease of this game) if there ever is one. I can almost guarantee that series like Splatoon will have much greater representation in a new title, either in the form of a character or stage.

As a side note what the fuck is up with Midgar's music!? 

Half of my interest in new stages in Smash 4 is the music that comes with them.  I played it on 3DS at work first and was all ready to be like “wow once again the 3DS gets some really lame choices for a cross-platform stage” after seeing it had two original songs, just like Guar Plain etc.

Then I go onto Wii U and see those two original songs are the ONLY choices there as well.  The heck?

Well at least Sonic has finally been dethroned as “worst treated guest character in terms of music in Smash 4″.

Here’s a super gorgeous stage with ridiculously dramatic visual effects, enjoy your shitty PS1 era midi music that probably only appeals if you have the nostalgia factor for it.

Bruh, if you seriously don't think that this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLY3tnwEy7k

and this

Aren't some of the best pieces of battle music that your ears have ever heard me and you are going to fight.

No but seriously though, I love these tracks with a passion and I never even played FF as a kid and I think that its a real testament to the artist (don't know who it was) when you can still listen to tracks like this even today and despite the lack of "real" instruments they can still sound amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

They still could've had more damn stage music than that, shoot stupid Ryu's Stage only has his theme and Ken's SF2 theme and some variations of it, As to how the hell theirs no Chun li, Sagat or Guile theme is a damn disgrace.

Midgard doesn't even have the Chocobo theme that they advertised several times in the Presentation, and they sure as heck could've added music from various Final Fantasies in here., their are several other songs they advertised in the other presentations but we don't see either, beat's me why.

Yet Bayonetta's Umbra Clock Tower Stage get's a bunch of songs,  

• Thumbs Up 1

The more I think about it, I'm willing to bet that a major reason they went with a lower-profile (at least outside of Japan) character like Corrin as the only Nintendo-owned DLC newcomer is that they're saving the rest of the first- and second-party heavy-hitters for a possible future installment (or NX rerelease of this game) if there ever is one. I can almost guarantee that series like Splatoon will have much greater representation in a new title, either in the form of a character or stage.

This is what frustrates me. Saving all the best characters for a sequel instead. I'd not at all be surprised if they have an NX port of this game planned and are just going to change some game modes around, add a few new characters/stages and update the graphics, and get it out on NX as soon as possible.

I definitely don't think we'll get a fully new game on NX, though. I do think it'll just be an upgraded port of Smash 4 on the NX. Probably set for 2018 or something.

Wut, Cloud only has those two songs on Midgar? Square-Enix must've been asking for royalties to use the best ones like One Winged Angel (Advent Children ver.). Isn't that also why Sega was so reluctant to have remixes? 

*Ignore this portion of the quote

If that happens I would mind especially if the wii u stages are their since I dont have a wii u.

edit:

So I just got Cloud. I really like the Midgar stage. The summons are interesting though I havent gotten to see all of them and the music is great. I'm not use to Cloud's fighting style and I kind of feel that he is too slow. so who knows if I will main him. Still love the stage though.

Edited by Jolly Tails Spin

Bruh, if you seriously don't think that this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLY3tnwEy7k

and this

Aren't some of the best pieces of battle music that your ears have ever heard me and you are going to fight.

Well I'll put Liberati Fatali on so we at least have a fight music with some oomph to it then. =U

Seriously they just haven't aged well for my ears.  Performed with real instruments they'd prolly sound pretty great, but I can't get over how flat and low quality they sound.  They fit alright on the 3DS stage due to the undetailed pre-rendered backdrop, but on Wii U, with the gorgeous detailed visuals, it just doesn't fit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just started playing FFVII recently and for some reason the songs they used in Smash are very nostalgic to me. Doesn't make sense. XP

Also, it's pretty funny how most characters in this game seem to completely go against the theories from people I talked to on Miiverse. EXAMPLE:

- "Third party characters are one-game only" Sonic comes back

- "It's an unwritten rule that each company only gets one rep" Mega Man and Ryu, technically Bayo since Sonic came back

- "Since Ike replaced Roy in Brawl, Chrom will replace Ike" Ike AND Roy returns, plus we get Robin, Lucina and Corrin

- "Robin/Miis can't be in Smash, they require customization" they're in (honestly didn't ever understand this logic but"

- "Mario has too many characters, 5 is the limit" HEH

Obviously most of these aren't popular opinions (though it was someone different almost each time) but I just thought it was funny. mainly because I was right ER UH

These were all on Miiverse BTW so that probably explains the logic.

• Thumbs Up 1

- "Mario has too many characters, 5 is the limit" HEH

I agree about that Mario part tbh.

Like, there are plenty of other series' you can make good reps out of, the nintendo universe doesn't consist of just Mario or Fire Emblem or Pokemon. Do we really need the likes of Daisy and Paper Mario added in when Peach and Game and Watch cover their niche pretty solidly? [/bias]