Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I just want Kamiya to sneak in Space Harrier as an assist trophy with Bayonetta. :P

It's obviously never going to happen but given how much Kamiya loves the absolute shit out of Space Harrier I won't be surprised if they make some small nod to it (maybe Bayo's Fantasy Zone quote? Idk).

Smash 4 does a lot of things right and, like I said before, has hands down the best character roster of any fighting game out there. But the things it does wrong, or rather don't quite work are single player content (no Adventure mode is a real bummer), stage gimmicks, that bloody Smash Tour thing and odd selection of music. I also think Cloud is the way he is because SE, like Sega, were just being strict, though having no English voice for Cloud is very strange. 

Also, bit of a nitpick but why why WHY didn't Sakurai put Fountain of Dreams from Melee in the game as a returning stage? Would've looked fucking gorgeous in HD but instead he chooses boring Halberd and meh Whispy Woods! Speaking of Kirby, no Epic Yarn references anywhere was really odd too considering it's one of Kirby's bestselling games. O_o

The lack of non-Sakurai Kirby games getting any rep besides music is pretty damn disappointing. No love for Bandana Dee even as a trophy, yo.

And yes, Kirby's Epic Yarn having no representation whatsoever bums me out. It's such a wonderful game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Smash 4 absolutely exceeded my expectations in some ways but completely disappointed in others. Altogether it's...fine. It didn't blow me away like any of the other Smash games but it's not a bad game either. Can't stand the single player content and the stages are a huge step down from any of the other games in the series(there are some good ones in there, but almost all of them are 3DS exclusive or DLC), but the roster can't be beat and the online, for all it's flaws is, sadly, the most solid it's ever been. It's just the go to edition of the game at this point. The mechanics aren't where I'd like them to be but they're probably the best they've been since Smash 64, at least. 

Overall, I like it, but I think I like Melee and Brawl more. The core in those games had some issues but the loads and loads of content made up for it. Smash 4 is the opposite. The core is fine but there's not much else there. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I also forgot to say, the way they handled the extra characters on the 3DS character select screen is just horrific.  It would've been so much smoother to simply to axe one row and replace it with a vertical column with arrows on it.  Hover over that column and the screen quickly pans to the right revealing two more vertical rows of characters, and moving that arrow column to the left of the screen for scrolling back.

I will say my only gripe with this Smash is how... imperfect it all is.  Sonic's inclusion in Brawl did have some elements that made it obvious he was added late in development, but ALL of Smash 4's extra content feels "tacked on".  The way some old stages suddenly become the only ones to reuse music from others, Cloud's slapdash insertion, lack of custom moves on all DLC characters, the ups and downs of the soundtrack in terms of some franchises being treated great and some boringly, the way some franchises only got returning stages...

Everything in the first three games felt consise and complete, whereas 4 has so much great but also this feeling of weird "gaps" in everything that is there.  Such a shame.

I dunno, I sort of find that forgivable given that all of this is extra content that they didn't even plan on working on in the first place. The quality of the characters and stages themselves (for the most part) show a great deal of work in and of themselves. Just the little things that make it all mesh is pretty miniscule to notice in comparison to the big picture if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dunno, I sort of find that forgivable given that all of this is extra content that they didn't even plan on working on in the first place. The quality of the characters and stages themselves (for the most part) show a great deal of work in and of themselves. Just the little things that make it all mesh is pretty miniscule to notice in comparison to the big picture if you ask me.

Sure, it's forgivable but I mean... they did plan on working on SOMETHING.  I mean the game had to be programmed to be ready for expansion with additional content.  The fact is the "final" version of Smash 4 now has all these imperfections that the previous games didn't.  It's forgivable yes but... just saying it is there and noticable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Needs more Melee stages dammit.

I'm sad we didn't get Sector Z, Fountain of Dreams, Poke'floats (or a poke'floats 2) or another Mother & F-Zero stage, shoot I would've even taken New Pork City, if only for 8 Player matches..

Edited by Dantemustdie00

If there's one thing that Smash 4 could have REALLY used, it's a substantial one-player (story) mode; a fun way of unlocking characters, minus the mind-boggling nature of something like the Great Maze of course (unless Great Maze'll be it's own mode of something).

As long as the stages aren't boring and generic like in Subspace Emissary and actually are based off places from the various games instead. Shoot the Smash Run and it's various scenery changes looked a lot more better than any of SE's stages.

Also they can use the enemies featured in Smash Run as well.

A Great Maze mode would be interesting also.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can I just say that while Brawl is much better content-wise compared to Smash 4, I don't think I could ever go back to that game because of the awful slow gameplay and tripping. Maybe to go through Subspace Emissary to unlock all the secret pathways (which is already a slog to get through), but playing against friends in multiplayer? No way. Melee would be a better choice obviously!

Now that I think about that, they could pull a miracle and re-release a ultimate edition of Smash Bros as a NX lunch title with a plethora of extra content.

- Update graphics 

- A huge story mode with all the characters

- Some more minigames

- All DLC chars and stage included

- More characters and more stages.

Another amazing idea would be for them to create a Smash Bros cross project game, they  have a solid relationship with SEGA Namco and Capcom, imagine the possibilities. They could also bring back Snake, add Sora, Bomberman, Lara Croft and so on... 

• Thumbs Up 2

Now that I think about that, they could pull a miracle and re-release a ultimate edition of Smash Bros as a NX lunch title with a plethora of extra content.

- Update graphics 

- A huge story mode with all the characters

- Some more minigames

- All DLC chars and stage included

- More characters and more stages.

Another amazing idea would be for them to create a Smash Bros cross project game, they  have a solid relationship with SEGA Namco and Capcom, imagine the possibilities. They could also bring back Snake, add Sora, Bomberman, Lara Croft and so on... 

While I still expect Smash 5 in the inevitable  future,  I can certainly agree with this plan of action to tide us over. 

While I still expect Smash 5 in the inevitable  future,  I can certainly agree with this plan of action to tide us over. 

I'd like to see that, but how likely is this?

BTW, guys, I am curious: Which DLC characters do you think will return in the next game and which do you think won't? You think any of those is going to be in the game from the start rather than as DLC?

I'd be content with them swapping Smash Tour out with Smash Run HD to be honest. If they're to make a singleplayer mode from scratch though, I'd reaaaaaaally love it if they took a Rougelike approach to it - a layout put together from random assortments of rooms, then scatter some items and perks/Smash Run esque stat boosts all throughout to help you clear them. It's arcadey enough that you could pick up, play and finish in a single sitting just like a Classic ladder, but in many ways infinitely more replayable. 'course, that could be some personal bias speaking. >w>

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd be content with them swapping Smash Tour out with Smash Run HD to be honest. If they're to make a singleplayer mode from scratch though, I'd reaaaaaaally love it if they took a Rougelike approach to it - a layout put together from random assortments of rooms, then scatter some items and perks/Smash Run esque stat boosts all throughout to help you clear them. It's arcadey enough that you could pick up, play and finish in a single sitting just like a Classic ladder, but in many ways infinitely more replayable. 'course, that could be some personal bias speaking. >w>

That's what I wished Smash Run would always be like. A rogue-like Smash game would be a seriously great time-killer

Edited by Kurisumasu no Klonoa

Why does Female Corrin get a one-to-one render of her Fates artwork and Male Corrin doesn't? :V

latest?cb=20150402101112 super-smash-bros-201512160252_6.jpg

latest?cb=20150402101921 630x.jpg

His original pose looked so much better : <

Why does Female Corrin get a one-to-one render of her Fates artwork and Male Corrin doesn't? :V

Hidden Content

His original pose looked so much better : <

Probably because his cape will be cut in his potrait when you select him.

Consider how unwieldly that pose would be for balancing the amiibo (and making sure you can't stab people's eyes out with it), and his new one for Smash makes much more sense.

Most Smash poses are vertically inclined too, whereas that pose is wider than it is tall.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey, they're from Fire Animemblem: be glad they have feet in the first place.

I wasn't interested in cloud when he was announced as I was for Ryu. But I have to say that he has warmed up to me alot.

Why do they have no shoes?

Dragons don't usually wear shoes?? smh

I have no idea, but it's pretty cool

Wait... It has something to do with their power? I dunno, that sounds a bit different from past fire emblem games because I don't really remember Tiki not wearing shoes, or Fae (Binding Blade) either

latest?cb=20151018051929                                   Tiki_(Fire_Emblem_Awakening).png

If anything, I think them not wearing shoes simply has to do with their dressing preference.