Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I dunno about you guys, but if my feet could turn into giant stage-spanning spikes I'd probably go through a lot of footwear if I wore any.

Then again, I guess that doesn't quite explain how he can get away with wearing gloves. >w>;

• Thumbs Up 5

Great, I was about to mention loving female Corrin's design and pose so much but now it's just gonna sound pretty weird

I'm also a bit confused by how people are clamoring that FemCorrin's design is just immediately better than MaleCorrin's design.

I mean, they're almost identical sparse the longer hair and headband for FemCorrin. 

I don't mean to say that it's horrible in comparison to Male Corrin's or anything, I just don't see how there is a heavier preference for the female design when they're already so similar. Same with Male and Female Robin, when the only difference is ponytails.

• Thumbs Up 2

I noticed they closed the thigh openings on Female Corrin. They censored the game I refuse to buy this character and support this awful censorship in video games

KEK

So has anyone figured out what the various colors reference? I'm pretty sure I saw a Tharja one, identical to Lucina's.

I noticed they closed the thigh openings on Female Corrin. They censored the game I refuse to buy this character and support this awful censorship in video games

KEK

So has anyone figured out what the various colors reference? I'm pretty sure I saw a Tharja one, identical to Lucina's.

Shara_portrait_zpsodqbrvi2.png

You're not exactly wrong but not really right though. I still have to check the other palette references.

And yeah its a little silly to change the tights on her when she's wearing something under all that anyways. But I guess it can't be helped. Its a weird design choice.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't mind the change, but I wonder if they'll do that for the Fates release in the US as well.

And we've somehow gotten around to bringing up Tharja again after nearly a year.  And yet her trophy was made as a copyright trap, much like how there are certain maps with "Paper Towns" or how a Trivia Encyclopedia used a fake fact to catch Trivia Pursuit.

I got bored and rambled. 

Do I just find every 3rd party character to be alot of fun lol? Cloud is so fun. Wasn't excited for him at first and was a bit disappointed but after a few days of his reveal, I realized his inclusion is actually pretty big and its really cool.

And now playing him alot, I think he can be a secondary once I play him more.

Now bayonetta, that's the girl I wanna main. I didn't even play her games but I know how badass she is and seeing her moves just makes me to main her even more.

Corrin looks cool too but I don't even know the character. Then again I barely knew cloud and he turned out to be fun so yea it doesn't really matter.

Sonic/Pacman/Megaman/Ryu/Cloud/ Bayonetta

I can see myself getting much better with ryu since hes godlike in this game and performing true shorukens is fun as hell but i still struggle with him but i think he may be close to sonic once i start to study HARD and FOCUS agasint people. I can see myself getting better results with ryu than pacman and megaman and when i say results i mean offline and online friendlies lol. Only gone sonic in local tourneys so far because im not confident with the others yet plus i do really well with sonic offline in a tourney match. (I play better I guess idk)

I dunno, I thought maining all 3rd party was a cool thing to do. I'm not really forcing myself to play these characters,. They just feel right to me. If pacman and megaman didn't feel right, I'd simply choose someone else. But they were fun and they are still fun so I play them. Same with Ryu and same with Cloud. Bayonetta already looking hella fun. 

Well technically I am forcing myself because new characters. Then again I hardly touch Roy because he's still marth. Lol

But I do play other characters too.5677d2df97850_IMG_20151107_2304312.thumbCharacters in the bottom are who I used to play. This is pretty old but DK should be at the bottom now, and I'd put palutena ahead of Wii fit trainer.

I'd put Lucas in front of Ike and switch Mario with peach. Starting to get better with Mario I think.

I'd update this but I would need to use my moms laptop and that laptop is garbage so nope.

But yea, Having all these characters would definitely be good. I would have many options when encountering a bad match up. For example I find Sonic's worst match up to be Zero suit samus. Personally I can't fight her all that well no matter which character I use but if bayonetta can counter her good then I'd definitely go bayonetta instead of sonic. Thats if I can play bayonetta good.

How are you guys liking the 3rd parties in this game? And how is sonic for those that play him? l don't really hear you guys talk about them but I most likely forgot so whatever lol. At least cloud is being liked with most of you guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

I pop in to join the discussion and all I see is people talking about feet. :Y 

Um, well, I might as well pop in my theory as to why I think Corrin is barefoot. I don't know much about Fates, but Corrin can transform into a dragon, yes? Well, surely that requires energy. And when people walk barefoot, it's known that this thing called "grounding" happens, which is when your body gets energy from the Earth's electrons. Or something like that. Perhaps it helps them get energy easier? I mean, that energy does get blocked if you wear shoes. Plus there could be the theory of it being better for battle. Think about Toph from the Avatar series. She is blind, yet can "see" using the senses she gets from the Earth on her feet. With that in mind, one could be more aware of their surroundings when barefoot.

But that's just a theory. If I was Corrin I'd probably still not wear shoes because it'd be more comfy and because it does also look a bit badass. Like, you're too tough for shoes, haha. 

Anyway, back to Smash. I hope they do release an amiibo using Corrin's female design. I like the pose better. And as for the upcoming DLC, Bayonetta wasn't a character I was excited for, but she does look ridiculously OP. But I said the same for Ryu and online players using him have been a joke so far. :U 

Also in the presentation, I was expecting a bit more than just characters and Mii costumes. Like some others have stated, I would've liked to see some sort of story mode coming soon, now that we have all the characters we could possibly have added in the game. And the offline tourney mode is also something I don't see why they didn't add. Maybe it's more complicated than I think though. :/ Other than that, I'm quite alright with the content Smash has now. I'm glad they aren't releasing more DLC. It started to feel a little oversaturated with DLC. 

I don't mind the change, but I wonder if they'll do that for the Fates release in the US as well.

It's just a minor design change for Smash, like how they gave Robin gloves.

• Thumbs Up 2

He has gloves?? I never noticed that. :0

So had anyone heard of that Tower of Druaga thing before the Mii costume was shown? Truth be told, I hadn't. XP

He has gloves?? I never noticed that. :0

So had anyone heard of that Tower of Druaga thing before the Mii costume was shown? Truth be told, I hadn't. XP

Yeah, I think it was referenced in a tales game I played at some point (though I can't remember which one) and its actually in the namco virtual arcade collection too.

Uh, he dosen't wear gloves in smash. I checked the artwork.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, caseykz said:

Anybody excited for Genesis 3?

Its an international tournement. I think its a first for smash 4.

G3 is gonna be pretty good, but it's far from an international, let alone the first one, if it was considered international then the first one was KTAR XI, B.E.A.S.T 5 or Paragon Orlando 2015, I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Tiki said:

G3 is gonna be pretty good, but it's far from an international, let alone the first one, if it was considered international then the first one was KTAR XI, B.E.A.S.T 5 or Paragon Orlando 2015, I suppose.

I guess its because so many good japanese players are going.

• 2 weeks later...

So, yeah, in the end they went with Mr. HeymyremakeiscomingjustnotonaNintendoconsole when they could have gone with Terra or Bartz. Since I'm not exactly hiding the fact that I don't like Cloud as a character, especially after everything Square has done with him after FF7, you can guess what are my two cents on the matter. Still...

Sakurai: This isn’t an exact number, but among the requests for a Final Fantasy character to appear in Smash, around ¼ to ⅓ of the requests we got from fans were for Cloud. [TN1] I really wanted to answer the desires of those fans, and even though I thought it would be impossible, I reached out anyway, just to try.

Nomura: When we first talked, I asked “are you sure you’re okay with Cloud?” He’s not a character from a new game, after all.

Sakurai: But on the other hand, if you think about who to add from Final Fantasy, it’s hard to come up with a choice that’s not Cloud. We could have used Terra or Bartz, protagonists in their own right, but I feel like there would be some people who wouldn’t know who those characters are.

Source: Neogaf, Sourcegaming.

16 minutes ago, Ducktor Naldush Repulsa said:

So, yeah, in the end they went with Mr. HeymyremakeiscomingjustnotonaNintendoconsole when they could have gone with Terra or Bartz. Since I'm not exactly hiding the fact that I don't like Cloud as a character, especially after everything Square has done with him after FF7, you can guess what are my two cents on the matter. Still...

Source: Neogaf, Sourcegaming.

I still have a hard time believing that he actually made it in. All this time as a joke character selection really dulled expectations in a good way. 

We also don't know that it's not coming on a Nintendo console. The NX is still shrouded in mystery...

• Thumbs Up 1

Well more fans were requesting Cloud, so I can't really fault Nintendo and Sakurai for going with that character for a game about fanservice where the point is to make as many fans happy. Still yeah, I can understand how it sucks if you wanted a smaller not as requested character. 

Wonder if they asked Sakurai or Nomura about if Sora was/is doable for Smash.

• Thumbs Up 1