Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

How much would need to be worked on for Wolf is what I'm getting at. He probably isn't that difficult given how similar Brawl and 4 are at base in terms of characters and moves. Very little would need to be altered for him. My point is, I don't see how he's anymore unrealistic or difficult a choice, and how IC are the only realistic character that could get in.

Well evidently all characters were rebuilt from the ground up. Same deal for Wolf probably. Whereas ICs were already up and running on the Wii U.

Although I guess I shouldn't have said "they're the only characters I see happening". If I had a choice, however, I'd go with ICs.

7 hours ago, Christmas Idol Luka said:

Well evidently all characters were rebuilt from the ground up.

Not all of them. The main exceptions that comes to mind are Mewtwo and Roy. Sakurai went on the record for the former saying that Melee's data is absolutely ancient and incompatible with their current engines, so for them to be in Smash 4 literally necessitated rebuilding the character from the ground up to work (hence why some of them have subtle animation differences - Roy's jab and Mewtwo's Dair for example). Lucas meanwhile just uses his Brawl moveset verbatim with some traits switched around, presumably because they could just update his model and throw the remaining assets like animations and voice files straight onto it. It stands to reason that a Wolf port would be a similarly simple job.

• Thumbs Up 2

If the NX rumor is true (which I wouldn't be surprised), its probably just a port on 3DS/Wii U that contains everything from both games (except maybe some game modes) and a few new characters. Wolf and Ice Climbers would probably be brought back, and we might get a couple more characters off of the ballot as well as a couple more stages and maybe assist trophies. Nothing too special, but I definitely don't see it just being a 3DS/Wii U port. It'd have to be that and at least a few new characters.

I totally expected Nintendo to release a Direct and be all:

"They're out now!"

But hey, Feburary 3rd/4th, much earlier than I expected.

Duck Hunt Dog got neutered in one of the screenies on the Smash website. Thank you Bayo for doing what all of us have wanted to do to that stupid dog!

In the wake of Corrin and Bayo arriving soon, that means another balancing patch is on the way... The caveat being that this is potentially the last one. What does everyone want to see?

For me, Zelda, Puff, and Samus need all the help they can get (Samus especially with her broke ass hitboxes).

Cloud could use a change to make Climhazard snap to the ledge. Otherwise don't touch him.

Marth/Lucy need less lag on landing and his Smash attacks. 

Give Robin more speed.

Make Kirby faster.

Better frame data for Shulk.

Palutena needs better frame data across the board for her ground attacks. And please do something to sort her tilts out.

For the love of God make Duck Hunt actually kill and fix his Smash attacks so they actually link.

Give all the heavyweights better frame data. You can have guys who possess strong attack power with decent frame data (see Ike).

Give Ike tippers. 

Spoiler

Please don't do that Sakurai.

That's all I got ATM. 99% of that has no chance of happening, but one can dream.

In terms of buffing fighters, only Sonic and Meta Knight are who come to mind. I don't think I'll ever understand how people are able to win as Sonic because his launching power sucks, even though he inflicts good damage. Meta Knight I think is in a similar situation, except with even less inflicted damaged.

41 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

Sonic is in the top 10 on every tier list. He really doesn't need a buff. 

As someone who got utterly crushed by a Sonic for over an hour on For Glory yesterday, I will echo this.

Admittedly I was using Marth, so that probably didn't make things any better.

• Thumbs Up 1

And now we officially get a look at Corrin-Kirby:

CaIAraMUMAAb4ny.jpg

Oh,  and this cute little thing too! CaH0zP9WEAA9Gl5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

7 hours ago, Inspector Gabe said:

In terms of buffing fighters, only Sonic and Meta Knight are who come to mind. I don't think I'll ever understand how people are able to win as Sonic because his launching power sucks, even though he inflicts good damage. Meta Knight I think is in a similar situation, except with even less inflicted damaged.

Meta Knight and Sonic are some of the best characters in the game, why would you want to buff them?

• Thumbs Up 5

I can see what you mean with with Sonic but Meta Knight? lol, I hardly see a match where MK wins, concerning both For Fun and For Glory. As a person who used him a lot in Brawl, MK feels heavily watered down in Smash 4 for me. Sonic is admittedly a considerably different story but I have no clue on how people can use him to quickly curb-stomp players like I've seen (and been on the receiving end of, fight a match with @jords as Sonic and you'll see what I mean lol). His attacks while quick just don't seem to be very strong IMO, and for me winning a match with him kinda depends on the other player screwing up or turns into a bit of a waiting game, depending on the player and character I'm up against.

14 minutes ago, Inspector Gabe said:

As a person who used him a lot in Brawl, MK feels heavily watered down in Smash 4 for me.

And the nigga is still top 10 in this game, that's how good he was in Brawl, he doesn't need to be touchedddd.

20 minutes ago, Inspector Gabe said:

I can see what you mean with with Sonic but Meta Knight? lol, I hardly see a match where MK wins, concerning both For Fun and For Glory. As a person who used him a lot in Brawl, MK feels heavily watered down in Smash 4 for me. Sonic is admittedly a considerably different story but I have no clue on how people can use him to quickly curb-stomp players like I've seen (and been on the receiving end of, fight a match with @jords as Sonic and you'll see what I mean lol). His attacks while quick just don't seem to be very strong IMO, and for me winning a match with him kinda depends on the other player screwing up or turns into a bit of a waiting game, depending on the player and character I'm up against.

>For Glory

Gorl, pls. For Glory is irrelevant.

Meta Knight still beats a great amount of the cast in this game, he only has a real hard time vs. Cloud, ZSS or Sheik. Let's not mention that he's also been one of the few characters in Smash 4 to win a national.

And Sonic can kill. His ability to outrun, pressure and rack up damage so fast on opponents is almost outright scary. He's a fantastic bait and punish character. Forward smash, back air and up air are all reliable kill moves, and down smash also is at the ledge.