Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

dude

c h i l l

So I had a pretty fun match against a Marth a while back.

I did a pretty slick combo near the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a New 3DS  this week and i got the SMash 4 demo but i dont really understand how the game works. Like i know which buttons do but i dont understand what im supposed to do after i gra someone, how to recover etc.

Could anyone help me?

10 minutes ago, Diamond said:

I got a New 3DS  this week and i got the SMash 4 demo but i dont really understand how the game works. Like i know which buttons do but i dont understand what im supposed to do after i gra someone, how to recover etc.

Could anyone help me?

When you grab someone you can press the b,a and circle pad to attack. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Diamond said:

Could anyone help me?

I know Tailspin gave you the basics but I'm going to be a little bit more in-depth to help you out.

A moves are more physical moves that everyone has. They're all based on direction and how hard you mash the control stick in conjunction with the A button. They're called tilts and smashes and while tilts are good moves, Smashes send your foes flying. Some characters like Snake in Brawl have better tilts than Smashes but they're mostly exceptions.

B moves are your special moves and they vary by character. They do work like tilts where they're directional based. While I can't give you much details, universally the Up B move is your recovery move but usually your character can't do any action afterwords other than move left or right. It really depends on the context of the character your playing as; Sonic and Megaman can still do air moves but can't do a second recovery as an example.

I'm pretty sure X and Y are your jump buttons and you usually get two; Kirby characters and Jigglypuff get 4-5 not counting recovery moves. Use these to recover obviously but you'll only have one jump when your sent flying. Make good use of both your jump and recovery move to get back on the map. Again I can't get into much detail because of character specific contexts but this is just the basics.

And you obviously found the grab and shield buttons. So like everything else, its movement sensitive. You can punch them, throw them up down and all around. Any which way. These can help with combos depending on the character.

But yeah. The name of the game is to Smash your opponent. I could go into more details but again I don't know what character you plan on maining. I might not be the best of help but I can try to at least point you in the right direction.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Ghostrick Dorklord said:

I know Tailspin gave you the basics but I'm going to be a little bit more in-depth to help you out.

A moves are more physical moves that everyone has. They're all based on direction and how hard you mash the control stick in conjunction with the A button. They're called tilts and smashes and while tilts are good moves, Smashes send your foes flying. Some characters like Snake in Brawl have better tilts than Smashes but they're mostly exceptions.

B moves are your special moves and they vary by character. They do work like tilts where they're directional based. While I can't give you much details, universally the Up B move is your recovery move but usually your character can't do any action afterwords other than move left or right. It really depends on the context of the character your playing as; Sonic and Megaman can still do air moves but can't do a second recovery as an example.

I'm pretty sure X and Y are your jump buttons and you usually get two; Kirby characters and Jigglypuff get 4-5 not counting recovery moves. Use these to recover obviously but you'll only have one jump when your sent flying. Make good use of both your jump and recovery move to get back on the map. Again I can't get into much detail because of character specific contexts but this is just the basics.

And you obviously found the grab and shield buttons. So like everything else, its movement sensitive. You can punch them, throw them up down and all around. Any which way. These can help with combos depending on the character.

But yeah. The name of the game is to Smash your opponent. I could go into more details but again I don't know what character you plan on maining. I might not be the best of help but I can try to at least point you in the right direction.

Yeah, Crow gave you the low down.

Way better than I could ever explain.

I was on my phone when I wrote mine so I made it simple and short.

23 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

Alternatively you could just watch the handy-dandy tutorial that's built into the game.

Does this teach you how to triple wave cancel dash flip frame tip smash??? I didn't think so

But seriously yeah the tutorial is the second best way to learn how to play. The best would be having someone right next to you explain the basics with slightly more detail... Or, y'know I guess it's knda the same.

It's late and I'm tired I don't know what I'm talking about

• Thumbs Up 2

He's fine, but I like Toon Link a bit better.

I dunno where he sits on the tier list, but you should probably ignore tier lists if you just wanna have fun, y'know?

1 hour ago, Diamond said:

Well, i plan on using Link when i get the full game. How good is he?

Any character is gonna be as good as the player playing them.  If you're completely new to Smash you don't even need to worry about that sort of thing, just play whoever you like and see who feels good for you.

• Thumbs Up 5

Ness is my personal favorite, though his recovery will take some getting used to. I didn't know what to do as him back in Melee when I fell off the edge lel

Link's a good starter though!

Ness is my favorite, too. They've made recovery easier by making the ball of PK Thunder bigger, too.

I prefer Link to Toon Link. In Brawl it was the other way around, but he feels better this time and they gave him his Jump Attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, i dont know how the others play(since i only have the demo) but out of Mega Man, Pikachu, Link, Villager and Mario my favourite is Link, then Mega Man. I would buy the full game, but i dont really have who to play with.(i only have one friend who has a 3ds).

On 4/26/2016 at 11:43 AM, Diamond said:

Thanks!

In that note,  if you're uncomfortable with the control setup, you can later customize it. 

4 hours ago, Diamond said:

Well, i dont know how the others play(since i only have the demo) but out of Mega Man, Pikachu, Link, Villager and Mario my favourite is Link, then Mega Man. I would buy the full game, but i dont really have who to play with.(i only have one friend who has a 3ds).

Well there's plenty of friend codes here on the SSMB, who'll likely be raring to go for a bit of Smash here and there (including yours truly ).

Same here. I only have the 3DS version. So we could play if you want. Just let me know.

I have a good chunk of the DLC released but if you get the full game I won't use it.

1 hour ago, Diamond said:

I accept the invitation, but not right now. I still need to exercise. 

No of course we need to plan ahead. I'm at work and have to go to sleep early cuz of it 

Soooooooooo...

Ive gotten ,,better'' at the game. Learnt most of the moves.

But heres the porlbem.

My only friend with a 3DS has Pikachu(since he only has the demo too) as his main.

How do i defeat a Pikachu main?

@Diamond

Depends on what he usually does with Pikachu; in most cases when dealing with him, I steer clear of being above him long enough for him to unleash his Down B attack. And Pikachu's a fast lightning striker, so you'll want to try calling his moves, not over-using Smash attacks because they leave you open to punishment.

Once you've got his strategy down pat to the point where you can keep catching him off guard, attack quickly to trap him and then take advantage of his low weight to knock him out of the field heavy when you spot your chance at a keen damage percentage!

His K.O. potential (that being how early on his attacks can start really launching ya) isn't exactly the greatest either, so take advantage of that and hold your ground as much as need be, till the time for full-on strike or desperation dodging comes at hand!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, something came to Smash recently other than changes to Bayonetta.

Keep in mind, this is speculation at this point, but speculation is fun!

You ever have one of those matches where everything seems to go the right way for you? This is my favorite match I've done in a while.

So, Sakurai took to Famistu and cleared up some misconceptions about him and Smash.

Most interesting part of this?  A Kirby's Epic Yarn stage was planned but was scraped when they decided to focus on Woolly World.

Makes me wonder if a Return To Dreamland stage or one based on the Handheld games like Mass Attack were considered.

So yesterday I decided to uploaded my 3DS recordings of my Smash Replays, mostly to test if the recordings looked good or not.

Considering this was recorded using an iPhone (with proper placement of course), I think it turned out better than expected.