Jump to content
Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Recommended Posts

It really sucks that Shiek has pretty much zero kill setups post-patch. Diddy got needed to hell as well, but he was actually broken in many respects. However, he was given some new combos and setups to use that required more creative use. He was worse, sure, but he wasn't completely neutered.

Shiek has nothing in the way of kill setups now. That's really big. She basically has smash attacks, random/unsafe up-airs, and risky bouncing fishes. I'm not saying she's awful now, as she still can lay on offensive pressure like nobody's business, but she's gonna have to REALLY work for kills now. At least this will probably mean that she won't dominate tournaments anymore, which is good.

Also these Samus buffs are AMAZING.

 

CdpTiSlW4AAhzH7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a New 3DS  this week and i got the SMash 4 demo but i dont really understand how the game works. Like i know which buttons do but i dont understand what im supposed to do after i gra someone, how to recover etc.

Could anyone help me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Diamond said:

I got a New 3DS  this week and i got the SMash 4 demo but i dont really understand how the game works. Like i know which buttons do but i dont understand what im supposed to do after i gra someone, how to recover etc.

Could anyone help me?

When you grab someone you can press the b,a and circle pad to attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Diamond said:

I got a New 3DS  this week and i got the SMash 4 demo but i dont really understand how the game works. Like i know which buttons do but i dont understand what im supposed to do after i gra someone, how to recover etc.

Could anyone help me?

I know Tailspin gave you the basics but I'm going to be a little bit more in-depth to help you out.

A moves are more physical moves that everyone has. They're all based on direction and how hard you mash the control stick in conjunction with the A button. They're called tilts and smashes and while tilts are good moves, Smashes send your foes flying. Some characters like Snake in Brawl have better tilts than Smashes but they're mostly exceptions.

B moves are your special moves and they vary by character. They do work like tilts where they're directional based. While I can't give you much details, universally the Up B move is your recovery move but usually your character can't do any action afterwords other than move left or right. It really depends on the context of the character your playing as; Sonic and Megaman can still do air moves but can't do a second recovery as an example.

I'm pretty sure X and Y are your jump buttons and you usually get two; Kirby characters and Jigglypuff get 4-5 not counting recovery moves. Use these to recover obviously but you'll only have one jump when your sent flying. Make good use of both your jump and recovery move to get back on the map. Again I can't get into much detail because of character specific contexts but this is just the basics.

And you obviously found the grab and shield buttons. So like everything else, its movement sensitive. You can punch them, throw them up down and all around. Any which way. These can help with combos depending on the character.

But yeah. The name of the game is to Smash your opponent. I could go into more details but again I don't know what character you plan on maining. I might not be the best of help but I can try to at least point you in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ghostrick Dorklord said:

I know Tailspin gave you the basics but I'm going to be a little bit more in-depth to help you out.

A moves are more physical moves that everyone has. They're all based on direction and how hard you mash the control stick in conjunction with the A button. They're called tilts and smashes and while tilts are good moves, Smashes send your foes flying. Some characters like Snake in Brawl have better tilts than Smashes but they're mostly exceptions.

B moves are your special moves and they vary by character. They do work like tilts where they're directional based. While I can't give you much details, universally the Up B move is your recovery move but usually your character can't do any action afterwords other than move left or right. It really depends on the context of the character your playing as; Sonic and Megaman can still do air moves but can't do a second recovery as an example.

I'm pretty sure X and Y are your jump buttons and you usually get two; Kirby characters and Jigglypuff get 4-5 not counting recovery moves. Use these to recover obviously but you'll only have one jump when your sent flying. Make good use of both your jump and recovery move to get back on the map. Again I can't get into much detail because of character specific contexts but this is just the basics.

And you obviously found the grab and shield buttons. So like everything else, its movement sensitive. You can punch them, throw them up down and all around. Any which way. These can help with combos depending on the character.

But yeah. The name of the game is to Smash your opponent. I could go into more details but again I don't know what character you plan on maining. I might not be the best of help but I can try to at least point you in the right direction.

Yeah, Crow gave you the low down.

Way better than I could ever explain.

I was on my phone when I wrote mine so I made it simple and short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

Alternatively you could just watch the handy-dandy tutorial that's built into the game.

 

Does this teach you how to triple wave cancel dash flip frame tip smash??? I didn't think so

But seriously yeah the tutorial is the second best way to learn how to play. The best would be having someone right next to you explain the basics with slightly more detail... Or, y'know I guess it's knda the same.

It's late and I'm tired I don't know what I'm talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diamond said:

Well, i plan on using Link when i get the full game. How good is he?

Any character is gonna be as good as the player playing them.  If you're completely new to Smash you don't even need to worry about that sort of thing, just play whoever you like and see who feels good for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i dont know how the others play(since i only have the demo) but out of Mega Man, Pikachu, Link, Villager and Mario my favourite is Link, then Mega Man. I would buy the full game, but i dont really have who to play with.(i only have one friend who has a 3ds).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2016 at 11:43 AM, Diamond said:

Thanks!

In that note,  if you're uncomfortable with the control setup, you can later customize it. 

4 hours ago, Diamond said:

Well, i dont know how the others play(since i only have the demo) but out of Mega Man, Pikachu, Link, Villager and Mario my favourite is Link, then Mega Man. I would buy the full game, but i dont really have who to play with.(i only have one friend who has a 3ds).

Well there's plenty of friend codes here on the SSMB, who'll likely be raring to go for a bit of Smash here and there (including yours truly ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooooooo...

Ive gotten ,,better'' at the game. Learnt most of the moves.

But heres the porlbem.

My only friend with a 3DS has Pikachu(since he only has the demo too) as his main.

How do i defeat a Pikachu main?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Diamond

Depends on what he usually does with Pikachu; in most cases when dealing with him, I steer clear of being above him long enough for him to unleash his Down B attack. And Pikachu's a fast lightning striker, so you'll want to try calling his moves, not over-using Smash attacks because they leave you open to punishment.

Once you've got his strategy down pat to the point where you can keep catching him off guard, attack quickly to trap him and then take advantage of his low weight to knock him out of the field heavy when you spot your chance at a keen damage percentage!

His K.O. potential (that being how early on his attacks can start really launching ya) isn't exactly the greatest either, so take advantage of that and hold your ground as much as need be, till the time for full-on strike or desperation dodging comes at hand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.