Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

For the first three what they offered as a whole was a bulked up roster.  They're characters that would've received no representation in Melee otherwise, since there wouldn't have been enough time to develop them as individual characters (as been said previous, the time taken to develop the 6 Melee clones would've only been enough time to develop one new character [namely Dedede] from scratch).  If Roy wasn't a clone for example, he would've had no representation and very few people would even give a shit about him.  After all, he's from a Japan exclusive FE title (he's a character who gained at least 95% of his popularity from Smash).  Then comes the element of the character being generally satisfying or fun to play.  I, for example, would take Melee Ganon over Brawl Ganon any day simply because the former is significantly more satisfying to play and I don't feel like I'm crippling myself using him.  Of course, fun is something entirely subjective (hence why people enjoy playing different characters at all).  Furthermore Falco, Doc and Ganon are all pretty prevalent in competitive play (Falco in particular).  One simply cannot make the sweeping generalisation of "this character adds nothing to the metagame" when some of these said characters helped sculpt Melee's competitive metagame into what it is.  

For Wolf, I'm sorry but that's complete bullshit.  Whilst yes, Wolf is a clone by definition since his initial development basis is indeed Fox (as evidenced by stuff like item animations being identical) but literally Wolf's entire normal moveset is different to Fox's, and despite his specials sharing similar/the same names they feel different enough to compliment Wolf's playstyle.  One cannot approach playing Wolf the same way as they play Fox.  They have such vastly different physics and playstyles and consequently to say that Wolf adds nothing to the game simply because he was initially built upon Fox is flat out wrong.  That would almost be like saying Ike is a clone of Marth because they share a Counter.  If you wanted to bring up a better example for your case you should've used Toon Link as he's the most 'clone like' of the characters in Brawl.

Ugh sorry I just hate this generalisation of clones adding nothing to the game and think it needs to die.  Yes we all like to see unique characters, but for the sake of saving development time and resources as well as allowing for additional character representation I personally cannot really object too much to clones, especially if the character is still fun to play nonetheless.

I can see Wolf as he's totally not a clone but Melee Ganon, Falco and Young Link? As fun to play as they may be (Young Link is one of my mains) they just don't add much in terms of gameplay. If they are in, they should have original movesets: and I'm glad that Falco got one in Brawl. 

Man, its about time someone finally said that, I keep on wondering why some people calling wolf a clone even though he plays nothing like fox or falco. I have seen so many people say that I started wondering if I was playing the right copy of brawl.

I wouldn't call Falco's Brawl moveset original considering how most of his moveset are just taken straight from Fox with some tweeks.

Speaking of which, I really hope that if they get rid of a Star Fox rep, it's Falco and not Wolf, since Wolf makes for a far better rep for the franchise and already has a more original moveset to boot.

If characters are cut, I hope it's Falco/Wolf types and not unique characters that represent Nintendo history like Mr.Game&Watch and Ice Climbers. I don't have a beef with the Star Fox characters, I'm just saying.,,

Are there any significant Nintendo IP's that haven't been referenced at all yet, like how Brawl brought in Pit and Olimar? We're getting characters from Animal Crossing, Wii Fit and Punch Out!(if the rumors are true).

So...

Golden Sun

Custom Robo

Legendary Starfy

Sin and Punishment

Captain Rainbow? (LOL)

Eternal Darkness(very unlikely)

The Last Story(Hey, if Snake can appear...)

Just throwing the franchises/games out there. I haven't even played most of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

If characters are cut, I hope it's Falco/Wolf types and not unique characters that represent Nintendo history like Mr.Game&Watch and Ice Climbers. I don't have a beef with the Star Fox characters, I'm just saying.,,

Are there any significant Nintendo IP's that haven't been referenced at all yet, like how Brawl brought in Pit and Olimar? We're getting characters from Animal Crossing, Wii Fit and Punch Out!(if the rumors are true).

So...

Golden Sun

Custom Robo

Legendary Starfy

Sin and Punishment

Captain Rainbow? (LOL)

Just throwing the franchises/games out there. I haven't even played most of them.

Sorry to correct you there, but I have to agree with the others that Wolf isnt a clone, the bits that are slightly clonish would be easy to remove if they were replaning him, and add to that it would be easy to add several additional skills that would be completely seperate from fox or falco whereas Falco will alsways tend to remain similar to fox just because of their similar skillset in the games

Oh and you forgot balloon fighter, Startropics, and.... well nothing else comes to mind, there arent a ton of other major ups left....

Speaking of Star Fox, I would appreciate if we get a separate Final Smash for Falco.

Instead of him using a Landmaster like Fox, maybe he can pilot the Arwing. If I recall, it was stated that he was the best Arwing pilot of the team, so it makes sense. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Custom Robo rep would probably be or Ray 01. Though Nintendo seemed to realize that Custom Robo has too much violence and promotes using Outlawed weapons, so they're probably never reviving that series, even as a rep.

So...

Golden Sun

Custom Robo

Legendary Starfy

Sin and Punishment

Captain Rainbow? (LOL)

Excitebike?

Mach Rider?

Hotel Dusk? (probably better off with a themed level)

Nintendogs? (More Dog love to compete with COD: Ghosts :P )

Personally--and this is probably odd for someone to be wishing for--I'm hoping for another stage based on a gaming platform, ala the Flat Zone stages or Pictochat.

What if

What if they have a Miiverse stage .....

.... and we get a cameo of this guy's messages

metroidcrawl12.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

So I saw the latest episode of Gravity Falls and:

RidleySSBGF_zps4a9c0860.jpg

Err, wrong thread? :/

What if

What if they have a Miiverse stage .....

.... and we get a cameo of this guy's messages

metroidcrawl12.jpg

I know you were joking, but honestly that'd be an extremely dick move on Nintendo's part.

The kid is already the laughing stock of the internet, it'd be wrong on so many levels for them to implement it into the game.

In terms of new characters who I'm expecting to make an appearance;

• Chrom or "Marth" as possible Marth replacements. Despite Marth being the most iconic Fire Emblem character as of now, I'm expecting them to make some room for newer Fire Emblem reps considering the popularity of Awakening, and the former offer a lot more. They might end up replacing Ike for them instead but I'm sort of opting for the former because the two characters, characteristically, are more in line with Marth. It'd make it lesser of an issue to differentiate them.
  • Shulk as the newcomer "heavy sword user", possibly being a suitable Ike replacement. It offers up more space for variety's sake and mostly because Xenoblade was such a cult hit.
  • Wonder-Eyes Red and/or the entire TW101 team, either the former being a singular character or the latter serving as a Pokemon Trainer-type character. A ton of people are clamoring for Bayonetta to make an appearance with Nintendo and Platinum being buddy-buddy as of late, but Bayonetta is a Sega character at heart and Sakurai is actively trying to not overburden us with that again. That and if anyone from Sega is likely to make an appearance it's Sonic. As a new Nintendo-owned IP, TW101 offers the most potential as far as new playstyles go, and Sakurai and Kamiya are great friends, which is to say nothing of that one photo eons back of him "sneaking" into Platinum. I'm definitely expecting Sakurai to want Kamiya's creation in the next Smash, and it'd give some needed exposure for the franchise.
  • Little Mac. He's one of the few and only unrepresented classic Nintendo characters in Smash Bros thus far, and also the only one who had a franchise revival last gen yet still didn't make the cut. He's also the most easy for them to adapt.
  • Another Mario character. I was surprised that there wasn't a new Mario character in the last game, perhaps because they didn't want to oversaturate the roster. That said I presume they might feel it's overdue for some possible new blood in that regard, and I imagine that the best possible unique newcomer in that regard would be Bowser Junior, as a Diddy Kong-esque counterpart to Bowser. It could also fit the small-sized tank quota.
  • Another Wario character. While I'd like to guess Waluigi, I'm going to assume that at the risk of, again, not wanting to oversaturate the game with Mario characters, it'll most likely be someone based from the WarioWare or Wario Land series, hence why I'm more inclined to go with Ashley or Captain Syrup who are pretty much the fan favorites. It'd also add some female representation.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I honestly thought the way they were doing the game was:

Wii-U version: Levels from recent Nintendo IP's on the Wii and Wii-U platfroms.

and...

3DS version: Levels from recent Nintendo IP's on the DS and 3DS platforms.

Similar for the initial idea behind Sonic Generations levels that didn't follow through in the end (main game stages for 360/PS3, handheld stages for 3DS version)

I don't really see Wario Ware characters getting in. I dunno why, I just don't see it.

I think Kid Icarus will definitely get a second rep, though.

Err, wrong thread? :/

Nope.

Excitebike?

Mach Rider?

Hotel Dusk? (probably better off with a themed level)

Nintendogs? (More Dog love to compete with COD: Ghosts tongue.png )

Dillon's Rolling Western and Pushmo, too.

I don't see Wario Land characters making it in until Sakurai decides to acknowledge that series. WarioWare definitely has a better chance at another rep, since the Land series seems dead in the water.

That said, Captain Syrup is still my #1 most wanted Smash character and has been for years.

Well, I don't see an Wario Land characters getting in either =P I think Wario will stay alone.

I honestly thought the way they were doing the game was:

Wii-U version: Levels from recent Nintendo IP's on the Wii and Wii-U platfroms.

and...

3DS version: Levels from recent Nintendo IP's on the DS and 3DS platforms.

Similar for the initial idea behind Sonic Generations levels that didn't follow through in the end (main game stages for 360/PS3, handheld stages for 3DS version)

That's just for stages through

I don't really see Wario Ware characters getting in. I dunno why, I just don't see it.

I think Kid Icarus will definitely get a second rep, though.

I'm betting on it being Palutena

I doubt they're getting rid of Marth. If anything I'm betting Chrom replaces Ike.

Yeah I kinda doubt they'll get rid of Marth as he's the father of Fire Emblem, also having the most games and appearances. But who knows, they may possibly replace Marth.....with "Marth" if you get my drift, I wouldn't really care.

I do do see them replacing Ike with Chrom through, It seems like they may use the latest hero of the FE franchise as the second rep or something like that (Roy's game was in production at the time of Melee and Ike's games were both recent  before Brawl) so I can see that happening.

Wario is better off representing the Wario Land/WarioWare series solo.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Dillon's Rolling Western

Oh man. I'd do freaking flips is Dillon made it in. I love that series and he's one of my more requested characters for Smash. I also think that he would be a fun character to use and a good choice for any of the newer Nintendo franchises.

A Pushmo/Crashmo stage would be great.

Edited by 21 + 21 = YoshiUnity

Nope.

Ah, now I see. My mistake.

It's just that you said you saw the latest episode, which I haven't seen yet, so I was trying to avoid spoilers. Didn't know it was a joke.

Of all games that would fit Waluigi, Smash is one of the biggest ones IMO. I want to have a 4-player Mario Bros. fight without one of the characters being a palette-swapped Luigi.

Capt. Syrup would be good too, and more Wario Land representation in general. WarioWare isn't the be-all and end-all of Wario media, Sakurai!

• Thumbs Up 2

We've had a Wario Land game after Brawl, namely Shake Dimension. Representation from that series wouldn't be unwarranted.

The reason that, again, I mentioned Awakening over Marth is because gameplay-wise they essentially fill the same quotas. It'd probably be a lot less of a hassle to differentiate the two characters. At the same time, the new Smash Bros as far as I recall, is going to be more of a reset. While I can see Ike being a more likely subject of replacement, despite the legacy it makes much more sense to me to replace Marth.