Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

1 hour ago, Pink Cat said:

So, Sakurai took to Famistu and cleared up some misconceptions about him and Smash.

Most interesting part of this?  A Kirby's Epic Yarn stage was planned but was scraped when they decided to focus on Woolly World.

Makes me wonder if a Return To Dreamland stage or one based on the Handheld games like Mass Attack were considered.

I've been wanting that for so long....my heart just cracked.:( I hope to god if Smash NX has any new stages, that is one of them.Only thing that would make me okay with it not appearing is Fountain of Dreams HD.

50 minutes ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

So yesterday I decided to uploaded my 3DS recordings of my Smash Replays, mostly to test if the recordings looked good or not.

Considering this was recorded using an iPhone (with proper placement of course), I think it turned out better than expected.

Hmm, you have Smash 3ds (Wii U as well?); (well, either way) I should get around to getting your Friend Code for my New3DSxl so we may commence in ze Smashing!

24 minutes ago, Jovahexeon-Phoenix-Sissel said:

Hmm, you have Smash 3ds (Wii U as well?); (well, either way) I should get around to getting your Friend Code for my New3DSxl so we may commence in ze Smashing!

I'm pretty sure I already have your 3DS Friend Code...unless you changed it or something.

3 minutes ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

I'm pretty sure I already have your 3DS Friend Code...unless you changed it or something.

Ahem, sorry to say, but my old 3DS XL is dead. So it got traded in and replaced for a New3DSxl. The Hyrule Edition, and with such came a new Friend Code.

Some fans got together and created their own Palutena's Guidance for the DLC characters. They're extremely funny and well-made; I can't believe how closely these guys sound and act like the characters.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm honestly fine with the official game not having special dialogue now for those characters, cause I guarantee they probably wouldn't be as clever as these ones lol. Especially with the use of Hades ha.

Those were good. I felt like they were missing something, though.

If there's an NX version and it has all the DLC characters, you think we could get dialogues for them?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I wasn't sure where to post it, so I'm doing it here.

I was wondering what else Nintendo can put in Smash, I looked at some of their less know franchises. Do you guys remember excitebike? That 8-bit motorcycle game that appeared as a trophy?

Here's how sequel to it looked

Nostalgia be damned. We could have transformers cars (maximals to be more precise and nerdy) that play poker, darts and bowling, while racing at stupendous speed, but all people remember is that red biker dude. Shame on this planet.

and meanwhile I took my time over the past couple days and reorganized all of my Smash Music into single franchise discs on iTunes.  It was actually easier than it sounded, but the Mario, Nintendo, and Melee music were what made it a bit more difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure how many people still check this forum but I made a video showcasing different victory themes for sonic in smash wii u. See if you can name them all. :) 

• 1 month later...

So, I wrote a defense of Sakurai.

Now, I'm going to be honest here, I admire Sakurai, so I'm a bit biased, but that's mainly because the man put his health at serious risk to a extent it almost killed him 3 times to make his fans happy, the man clearly cares about his fans, but his so called "fanbase" paints him the other way, often because "he put in too many Fire Emblem characters and Dark Pit"
Now, I'm going to address this with facts, I'll cite all my sources.

"He admits to being a Fire Emblem fan so he's biased!"
Yes, but that's to be expected, if Sakurai wasn't a fan of at least few series that are in Smash, chances are that it wouldn't be too good.
You know what Sakurai also admits to being a fan of? Panel De Pon, in this questionnaire, he flat out calls it a masterpiece:https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostReturn009.html and while it does have a few references thrown in time and time again,there is no character specifically originating from it in Smash, in fact, there is not even evidence that one was ever even considered.

"He's just putting them in for the sake of it!"
While I can't speak for the other games in the series, reading Sakurai's interviews points out this is clearly not the case for Smash 4.

Consider Chrom, who is supposed to be the main character of Awakening,  specifically did not make it into Smash for not bringing anything new to the table: http://sourcegaming.info/2015/07/04/chromsmash4/, and he had to be convinced to add Corrin after worrying about there being too many Fire Emblem characters:http://sourcegaming.info/2015/12/23/496/ , Sakurai doesn't seem to be adding them for the sake of it.

Keep in mind, the series was near the brink of death before Awakening, so all things considered, the series got really lucky.

So, let's address the other four: Marth, Ike, Lucina and Roy
Marth doesn't need much explanation, he's been in the series since Melee and he gained relevance with his two remakes and his impact on the story of Awakening, it would be really weird if he wasn't in the game.
Ike? Honestly, as much as I like him, he's the most suspicious of returning characters considering neither of his games did well in both the states and Japan and it's been a long time since he was even relevant, but a thing to consider, any character that gets cut get a significant outcry, especially if they had a original moveset, it happened with Mewtwo in Brawl and it's happening right now with Snake the Ice Climbers in Smash 4, plus in the Smash community, he's a fan favorite, so cutting him would just give Sakurai a major headache.
Lucina was originally just a skin for Marth but before we get to the whole "they were just made into a full character because extra dev time" thing, why specifically was she chosen as a skin? Well, beyond the obvious fact she was "Marth" in Awakening, she was one of Awakening most popular characters. Don't believe me?

Look at this poll from 2013: http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe13/img/fbn3ds28mar.jpg

She's in the game in some form of playablity because she's popular, simple as that. the same goes for Dark Pit, I been to Uprising's TV Tropes page in 2012 and I distinctively remember him be listed as a "Ensemble Dark Horse"

Their popularity combined with Dr. Mario's preexisting fanbase from Melee: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/sakurai-explains-why-dr-mario-is-his-own-character-in-smash-bros is probably why they were chosen to be the clones over Alph, who while not unpopular, his game wasn't even out by the time of Smash 4's first trailer so he couldn't get as big of a fanbase to justify this.
And now, finally, Roy. To understand Roy, you must also understand why Lucas is also DLC, they aren't that well known, aren't practically relevant, but fans of the previous Smash games as well fans of Mother 3 love Lucas, so that's why he's back. The same goes for Roy, take a look at the reaction to when he was added to Project M, fans were estatic, he's in here for fanservice and not much more.

So, to conclude:
Sakurai isn't perfect and you don't have to like everything he does, but you can't say he does it without reason, the man is real dedicated and I respect him.

• Thumbs Up 1