Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Considering that Ike made his major appearance on the GC and Wii, I could see him being replaced. Marth? Seems to be the defining character for the Fire Emblem days. I could see Chrom replacing Ike.

Edited by Autosaver

Considering that Ike made his major appearance on the GC and Wii, I could see him being replaced. Marth? Seems to be the defining character for the Fire Emblem days. I could see Chrom replacing Ike.

Ike may still be relevant if he appears in Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. So his return wont be unwarranted. 

That's not saying much considering that practically every past Fire Emblem character popped up in Awakening in some shape or form.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Marth acted as the only FE rep this time around if the need to cut characters is that great, but I highly doubt that anyone other thsn Chrom will get the spot as the second rep (And maybe have Lucina as an alt costume to Marth)

EDIT: I take it back, Anna would be a fucking spectacular rep, I'd happily take her over Chrom

Edited by Panda Cero

20130112052843!Anna_(Fire_Emblem_Awakeni

Been around in every Fire Emblem game, fills a multitude of roles, is the strongest enemy ever encountered out of everyone in all of the Fire Emblem universes.

Think it's high time Anna gets some reference in Smash at least. Ch-ching.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 7

Say, let me ask: When (is the next time) will they reveal more playable characters for this game?

We have no idea. There's no word.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm assuming that "potential leak" to be true as of now. It's just WHEN that I'm curious about. I really am curious to see how Mii's are handled if they are in.

Wouldn't surprise me if you could choose each attack based off the existing characters. I.e. special = mario fireballs

Standard. = fox's kick

Up special = mega mans rush spring

I've been thinking about that rumour of Little Mac being playable.

If he were playable, his only attacks would be punches, right? So why not make him control like a Tekken character?

Both A and B would be the same punch, but one throws a left punch and the other throws a right one. Neutral A/B is a short jab, while side A/B is a longer, slower punch. Up is an uppercut, and down would be, well, a down punch.

His gameplay could be around building combos of right-left-right-uppercut type punches, with each successive strike doing slightly more damage.

And of course, his FS would be transforming into Giga Mac. Hideous, but likely.

if Little Mac is playable I would much rather see him have moves that he got from some of the other Boxers to be honest (like maybe the Bull Charge as a side B?), with the 3-Star Punch as his Up B and Giga Mac as his Final Smash.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm there may be an update at gamescon, and the next ND is likely as well

Yeah, odds are that we'll see more info in the next ND, and since its been a monthly thing since October I think, we'll be seeing something some time in July.

Though, the 17th has been the date used for both the April and May directs, so if that patterns holds up we'll see it then

Fox was the first confirmed character after Brawl's initial trailer, on November 2006, a full five months after E3 2006. Since Smash 4 is going roughly on the same scheduling as Brawl - confirmation of development one year, first trailer the year after that, a release date for the game for sometime in the next year - I would hazard a guess that the next batch of confirmed characters will be revealed around the same time Fox was.

Edited by Joshua

Fox was the first confirmed character after Brawl's initial trailer, on November 2006, a full five months after E3 2006. Since Smash 4 is going roughly on the same scheduling as Brawl - confirmation of development one year, first trailer the year after that, a release date for the game for sometime in the next year - I would hazard a guess that the next batch of confirmed characters will be revealed around the same time Fox was.

That could be possible, but this is a new game we are talking about. It may not be by that time that they'll confirm more characters. Maybe they will reveal more characters in one of their Nintendo Directs or something, or at gamescom.

Just saying.

Edited by Flamerstreak

Been around in every Fire Emblem game, fills a multitude of roles, is the strongest enemy ever encountered out of everyone in all of the Fire Emblem universes.

So..."Fire Emblem" has a recurring character who is also a cute female merchant, one of my favourite archetypes of characters in videogaming, and I didn't knew anything about it? I need to play those games now.

Still, last game had a lack of villains and female characters. I hope they noticed. I mean, you had, on the villains side, Bowser, Ganondorf and Dedede (and Dedede isn't really a villain in most of his appearences). And Wario is more of an Anti-Hero and a jerk to boot. But, Ridley aside, what other big names Nintendo has? I'm not sarcastic, just curious, really. Nowadays, the only Nintendo series that interest me are Mario, Kirby and Pokemon.

Edited by Admiral Nald

Check this out, y'all.

daily.jpg

Kirby: And I'll form... THE. HEAD!

Still, last game had a lack of villains and female characters. I hope they noticed. I mean, you had, on the villains side, Bowser, Ganondorf and Dedede (and Dedede isn't really a villain in most of his appearences). And Wario is more of an Anti-Hero and a jerk to boot. But, Ridley aside, what other big names Nintendo has? I'm not sarcastic, just curious, really. Nowadays, the only Nintendo series that interest me are Mario, Kirby and Pokemon.

At first I wanted to say that we should play as a Rocket Grunt

but then I remembered that the only Pokemon they'd use would be Zubat, Rattata, and Koffing.

• Thumbs Up 5

I can only see her being an Assist Trophy at best.

Check this out, y'all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAn9BeK3YU

Fighting spirit.  Do the impossible.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 2

At first I wanted to say that we should play as a Rocket Grunt

but then I remembered that the only Pokemon they'd use would be Zubat, Rattata, and Koffing.

tumblr_inline_midj8sKza41qz4rgp.png

Y'know you want them

• Thumbs Up 8