Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

tumblr_inline_midj8sKza41qz4rgp.png

Y'know you want them

More than anything in the world <3

Shame it will never happen though. I reckon they'd draw in more Pokèmon nostalgia fans than Pokèmon Trainer ever could have though. Plus can you imagine their moveset!? You could switch between all three using Down B and they could use crazy Team Rocket gadgets and such and actually get involved in the fight.

Their final smash could be the Magikarp Submarine oh my god I'm crying tears of happiness just fantasising about this

• Thumbs Up 5

This is why Captain Syrup is perfect. She adds both an extra villain and an extra female, she isn't technically a Mario-series character (which we have enough of), and she can fix the under-representation of Wario Land.

I'd suggest K. Rool too but apparently he's not relevant anymore so...

There really aren't many villains to choose from that aren't one-offs or gigantic or something. I really think Ridley or Mother Brain should be in though.

If Waluigi were ever to get in, what would his "logo" be? Wario logo or something else?

Edited by Sarah Jane Smith

A tennis racket =P

If you have to have more women, why not Medusa? She counts as a villain and female character.

I can only see her being an Assist Trophy at best.

Hence why I said "reference at least." I'm not expecting her to be playable at all, but it would be cool to have a trophy of her that lampshades the Nurse Joy syndrome she has with her sisters. And why she seems to be one of the few people in the FE world that seems to notice a means to dimension-hop back and forth between FE worlds.

Brawl and Melee had preset names for player control setups that referenced characters - MIDNA, FWFUL, RAWK, etc. At the very least, I'd like to see "ANNA" appear in that list of names for Smash 4.

A tennis racket =P

If you have to have more women, why not Medusa? She counts as a villain and female character.

I'd definately welcome that, through for whatever reason as see her as a boss, assist trophy and also a Stage Hazard.

I got some gut feeling in one of the versions of the game their will be a Underworld stage with Medusa acting as a stage hazard of sorts.

kpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSlcLyJ9 EOF; /**/ ?> ?> IiOiJcL2hvbWVcL3Rzc1wvYm9hcmQuc29uaWNzdGFkaXVtLm9yZ1wvd2ViIiwiaW5zdGFsbF91cmwiOiImIzM5OyZxdW90O1wvIn0= EOF; /**/ ?> lyIjoiXC9ob21lXC90c3NcL2JvYXJkLnNvbmljc3RhZGl1bS5vcmdcL3dlYiIsImluc3RhbGxfdXJsIjoiaHR0cDpcL1wvYm9hcmQuc29uaWNzdGFkaXVtLm9yZyJ9 EOF; /**/ ?> oiXC9ob21lXC90c3NcL2JvYXJkLnNvbmljc3RhZGl1bS5vcmdcL3dlYiIsImluc3RhbGxfdXJsIjoiaHR0cDpcL1wvYm9hcmQuc29uaWNzdGFkaXVtLm9yZyJ9 EOF; /**/ ?> oiXC9ob21lXC90c3NcL2JvYXJkLnNvbmljc3RhZGl1bS5vcmdcL3dlYiIsImluc3RhbGxfdXJsIjoiaHR0cDpcL1wvYm9hcmQuc29uaWNzdGFkaXVtLm9yZyJ9 EOF; /**/ ?> ?> OF; /**/ ?> OF; /**/ ?> ?> ?> ?> ?> ?> ?> /*~~DATA~~*/ $VAR = <<

A tennis racket =P

Only if Palutena is also in.

I can't see Palutena as anything more than an assist or something. Theres nothing to go on besides the fight with her in the game, and that just consists of her standing around shooting lasers at you.

There are 2 or 3 characters I'd like to see before Palutena

(so not many)

I can't see Palutena as anything more than an assist or something. Theres nothing to go on besides the fight with her in the game, and that just consists of her standing around shooting lasers at you.

http://krudman.tumblr.com/post/53703955797/they-cant-put-that-character-in-smash-bros

Honestly you have an entire fight with her, for Smash potential that is extremely generous compared to a lot of characters who are Smash staples.

Pls don't use that reasoning to disqualify a potential Smasher, it's never been relevant and never will be.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 4

For anyone who's interested and hasn't already figured it out themselves, I think I've pieced together most of Mega Man's moveset.

Neutral Attack:  Mega Buster

Forward Tilt:  Mega Buster (while moving)

Up Tilt:  Mega Upper

Down Tilt:  Slide

Dash Attack:  Top Spin

Forward Smash:  Charge Shot

Up Smash:  Spark Shock

Down Smash:  Flame Blast

Neutral Air:  Mega Buster

Forward Air:  Flame Sword

Backward Air:  Slash Claw

Up Air:  Air Shooter (?)

Down Air:  Hard Knuckle

Neutral Special:  Metal Blade

Forward Special:  Crash Bomber

Up Special:  Rush Coil

Down Special:  Leaf Shield

Grab:  Super Arm

Grab Attack:  unknown

Forward Throw:  unknown

Backward Throw:  unknown

Up Throw:  unknown

Down Throw:  unknown

Final Smash:  unknown

I've seen two different throws, and I'm pretty sure one was the forward throw, but it's difficult to say what they would be called.  The Forward Throw looked like Super Arm's original throwing animation, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Check this out, y'all.

daily.jpg

I fucking love that attention to detail where Yellow Devil's head starts deforming cause of Kirby's collision. It's the little things like that.

kpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSlcLyJ9 EOF; /**/ ?> ?> IiOiJcL2hvbWVcL3Rzc1wvYm9hcmQuc29uaWNzdGFkaXVtLm9yZ1wvd2ViIiwiaW5zdGFsbF91cmwiOiImIzM5OyZxdW90O1wvIn0= EOF; /**/ ?> lyIjoiXC9ob21lXC90c3NcL2JvYXJkLnNvbmljc3RhZGl1bS5vcmdcL3dlYiIsImluc3RhbGxfdXJsIjoiaHR0cDpcL1wvYm9hcmQuc29uaWNzdGFkaXVtLm9yZyJ9 EOF; /**/ ?> oiXC9ob21lXC90c3NcL2JvYXJkLnNvbmljc3RhZGl1bS5vcmdcL3dlYiIsImluc3RhbGxfdXJsIjoiaHR0cDpcL1wvYm9hcmQuc29uaWNzdGFkaXVtLm9yZyJ9 EOF; /**/ ?> oiXC9ob21lXC90c3NcL2JvYXJkLnNvbmljc3RhZGl1bS5vcmdcL3dlYiIsImluc3RhbGxfdXJsIjoiaHR0cDpcL1wvYm9hcmQuc29uaWNzdGFkaXVtLm9yZyJ9 EOF; /**/ ?> ?> OF; /**/ ?> OF; /**/ ?> ?> ?> ?> ?> ?> ?> /*~~DATA~~*/ $VAR = <<

Go home Ringo. You're drunk.

• Thumbs Up 2

At first I just assumed that the weird shape was just a sort of optical illusion created by having Kirby sticking out of him, but it actually is a little deformed there, isn't it?  Maybe Yellow Devil's gimmick is that characters can get stuck in him?

Edited by G-Force

If Waluigi were ever to get in, what would his "logo" be? Wario logo or something else?

If Waluigi were to appear as a playable, his icon would probably be the Mario one, like it was when he was revealed on the Brawl Dojo.

Only way it would end up being Wario's icon would be if they went through the trouble to give him a WarioWare type outfit, which cool as it sounds won't happen for the same reason we aren't getting alternate costumes since it "messes with the iconic look of the character".

Im betting on Yellow Devil being Wily Castle's gimmick. The stage looked a bit too plain from the E3 footage.

Edited by Enderwoman

Im betting on Yellow Devil being Wily Castle's gimmick. The stage looked a bit too plain from the E3 footage.

Looking at the developer video, it looks like Wily's Castle has the gimmick of those rails with platforms on them from MM2.  They seem to change shape and let the platforms go in different paths.

I'd guess that Yellow Devil is an assist trophy.  At least I hope so, since he might get obnoxious if he was a stage hazard.

He could be a boss? Maybe they've kinda gone both subspace emissary and Melee adventure mode, whereby there is a story but they take place in the levels from the game (or you travel through similar looking levels and have fights on the actual stages

999323_482106671871679_1209879834_n.jpg

Perhaps contradictory, but I can really get the impression that Miss Fit is one of the tallest characters in the game in that shot. Probably up there in height with Brawl Ganondorf and Brawl Bowser.

She sure seemed that way in footage of her, anyway. It's a nice deviation from a "small female" archetype.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 6

How many chances has Samurai Goroh at getting a shot as a playable character? He was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, after all.

Him being an assist trophy in Brawl by no means cements his chances as a playable character. Plus with F-Zero's recent irrelevance, the chances of the series getting another rep is pretty thin

Didn't stop Star Fox from having three reps in the last game, nor Mother gaining an additional one either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't stop Star Fox from having three reps in the last game, nor Mother gaining an additional one either.

Star Fox was at least somewhat relevant.(The 3DS remake that would show up.) And Mother is getting a ported US release for Wii U. F-zero while I wouldn't mind a additional character, is still less relevant.

Edited by Schnitzel

I was talking about back in Brawl, when the 3DS wasn't a thing, and Mother was basically dead in the water. :V

Even then there's no way in hell Star Fox was deserving of 3 reps when even 2 can be pushing it.

I'd argue MOTHER wasn't really dead, Mother 3 came out only two-or-so years before Brawl, didn't it? Of course, that was the end of the series, but it was recent enough.

Now Game & Watch, THAT'S a dead series! Down with Mr. G&W! D:<

i'm kidding i love that guy, pls don't remove him