Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

^ Which Brawl's Star Fox character designs were based off no less, so it was still completely relevant at the time.  Dunno where this Star Fox being irrelevant nonsense is coming from.

I think Captain Falcon is a surefire return as a veteran, but like Brawl he'll probably just get one new stage and not much else.

Now Game & Watch, THAT'S a dead series! Down with Mr. G&W! D:<

You could actually argue it's being somewhat kept alive, what with the obvious references of Game & Wario as well as some playable versions of Game & Watch titles in that same game.

Wario and Mr Game & Watch = BROS FOR LIFE

The Game and Watch Gallery games also kept him visible in the late 90s and early 00s.

daily.jpg

Pikachu doesn't give a damn.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really don't think a franchise's relevancy (Or lack thereof) factors into whether or not that series gets representation. Afterall, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch and Dr. Mario got into Melee and Pit and R.O.B. got into Brawl when they hadn't had a new game or re-release in decades.

• Thumbs Up 1

999323_482106671871679_1209879834_n.jpg

Perhaps contradictory, but I can really get the impression that Miss Fit is one of the tallest characters in the game in that shot. Probably up there in height with Brawl Ganondorf and Brawl Bowser.

She sure seemed that way in footage of her, anyway. It's a nice deviation from a "small female" archetype.

dat side boob

Edited by PSI Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

Game & Watch also got two DS games, along with an exclusive Club Nintendo replica reward.

I really don't think a franchise's relevancy (Or lack thereof) factors into whether or not that series gets representation. Afterall, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch and Dr. Mario got into Melee and Pit and R.O.B. got into Brawl when they hadn't had a new game or re-release in decades.

Samus hadn't had a new game in 5 years when smash 64 came out.

The more I've thought about this, the more i've actually been intrigued by this idea I've had. What if there was a stage based off of the Mario & Sonic olympic winter games?(either version 2010 or 2014) If it took place where the opening ceremony took place during the last game, could be pretty awesome. With the crowd in the background with flags from different franchises. Oooor it could take place here:

1235930-mario_sonic_at_the_olympic_winte

That could be pretty awesome as well.

Plus, Olympic Stage+ Wii Fit Trainer just screams awesome!

Edited by Schnitzel

Wouldn't they need access to the Olympic license to do that? I'm not sure if they could just randomly reference the Olympics as there might be red tape around it. I honestly don't know anything about it but there could be a hole here.

As far as stages go, I'm still think that Skytown, Elysia from Metroid Prime 3 would be an excellent stage. I mean, it was a great area from the game and it is floating city in the sky. It kind of writes itself for Smash Bros.

1lkkeYH.jpg

Also, I hope we get a new Metal battle theme for the Metal fights again. I was a little disappointed that Brawl didn't have one.

Edited by 21 + 21 = YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 3

When melee came out, Dr. Mario had 64 and Gameboy games and as of now he has a Wii and DSiware game, so he isn't too irrelevant. I pretty sure that he will make it in Smash U/3ds as an extra costume if Sakurai gives more people alternate costumes skin to wario in Brawl.

Edited by Dom

Wouldn't they need access to the Olympic license to do that? I'm not sure if they could just randomly reference the Olympics as there might be red tape around it. I honestly don't know anything about it but there could be a hole here.

I think if SEGA got onboard and Sonic was playable they'd be able to make Olympic reference. SEGA is the official Olympics game licencee so. I mean I don't know too much about it either, but afaik SEGA can do what they like with the licence.

So, I came up with a little concept on how to tackle Adventure Mode this time around. It needs to be something that's not unbelievably repetitive like Melee, but it needs to break away from the subspace emissary's various flaws like Brawl.

What if "Adventure Mode" was this huge, metroid style map that you could explore using any character you currently had unlocked? Instead of there being a linear story progression, you would explore in any direction you wanted, and unlock characters by finding them and defeating them. You could unlock characters by finding them and defeating them. You could find things like trophies and stickers by looking for them and completing certain objectives. There could be sections of the map based on various Nintendo series, and the enemies you fight there would be based on the enemies from that series. 

• Thumbs Up 3

So, I came up with a little concept on how to tackle Adventure Mode this time around. It needs to be something that's not unbelievably repetitive like Melee, but it needs to break away from the subspace emissary's various flaws like Brawl.

What if "Adventure Mode" was this huge, metroid style map that you could explore using any character you currently had unlocked? Instead of there being a linear story progression, you would explore in any direction you wanted, and unlock characters by finding them and defeating them. You could unlock characters by finding them and defeating them. You could find things like trophies and stickers by looking for them and completing certain objectives. There could be sections of the map based on various Nintendo series, and the enemies you fight there would be based on the enemies from that series. 

Yeah, this is a great idea. Also it would be cool if by visiting these different areas and defeating and unlocking characters you can slowly unlock a bigger story and by the time you unlock everybody the true villain reveals himself and you unlock a "final area": where you fight him and finish the story mode. 

Yeah, this is a great idea. Also it would be cool if by visiting these different areas and defeating and unlocking characters you can slowly unlock a bigger story and by the time you unlock everybody the true villain reveals himself and you unlock a "final area": where you fight him and finish the story mode. 

This is basically the Great Maze from Brawl, except now the entire story

Edited by Panda Cero
  • Thumbs Up 1

I didn't really mind the Great Maze, so I think I'd be ok with that.

• Thumbs Up 4

This is basically the Great Maze from Brawl, except now the entire story

And it's bigger and it doesn't slap together reused environments.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks to be that way. Which is a damn shame, his spinning shell Nair was on my favorite Bowser moves.

Did they just replace Bowser's N-Air with a sex kick?

I don't know, that seems more like a F-air. most N-airs(go away Falcon and Ganon) usually look less oriented torward a direction.(For example, look at Mewtwo, Sonic, Wolf, Wario, Peach, and Ness' F-airs.)

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I just thought of another likely stage that could be in this. The island that Wii sports resort takes place in. It got a pretty fitting town, grassland,mountainous areas and a castle. Not to mention it could change the time of day like battlefield perhaps. The stage was represented on MK7, wouldn't be surprised if it returned here.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I just thought of another likely stage that could be in this. The island that Wii sports resort takes place in. It got a pretty fitting town, grassland,mountainous areas and a castle. Not to mention it could change the time of day like battlefield perhaps. The stage was represented on MK7, wouldn't be surprised if it returned here.

Can we get WW2 era planes shooting at the players similar to Corneria and Sector Z?