Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

That would be most awesome.

Well, if I can recall correctly, Brawl didn't have any assist characters of that kind. It may be a possibility for them to include something like an arwing as a assist trophy that flies around the stage and shoot people.(like in the 2 past star fox stages)

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know, that seems more like a F-air. most N-airs(go away Falcon and Ganon) usually look less oriented torward a direction.(For example, look at Mewtwo, Sonic, Wolf, Wario, Peach, and Ness' F-airs.)

Sex kicks are typically N-Airs because they're reactionary attacks extended for a couple of frames and grow weaker after the initial thrust. In Brawl, Captain Falcon and Wario are the only characters to have a sex kick serve as an F-Air but in the case of the former it's because the properties are a lot more powerful than a typical one. Almost all the other characters that have that move have it assigned to their N-Air.

It's most likely an N-Air because that doesn't really look like a controlled move for Bowser to have.

Speaking of moves

Interview with Sakurai, IGN

Sakurai on the "customization" aspect of the game

IGN: Customization played a role in Super Smash Bros. Brawl – but only during the game’s story-driven, single-player “Subspace Emissary” mode. I asked Sakurai if customization, particularly given its prevalence in many major, multiplayer-driven games, would play a role within the 3DS and Wii U games.

Sakurai: “We’re planning for a level of customization to some degree and in some form. It’s not completely decided at this point. But it’s very important to point out that we do this in a careful way that doesn’t affect the strength and balance of the characters. One thing we’d like to do is to be able to customize the direction of attacks. But not give characters a stronger jump or a stronger or weaker attack. You can consider customizations like that possible.

Sounds like to me he's looking to make customizable movesets possible. 

This also dispels the speculation that  if stickers do come back, they'd be usable outside the Adventure Mode.

How far in development the game is

“We’re not at a stage in development where we’re going through those fine sorts of adjustments,” Sakurai said, when I asked about balancing the roster and the possibility of software patches.

“When we get towards the end of development, we will have what we call monitor playtests, where we watch people play the games. We perform thorough analysis based on those observations. There have been cases in the past, admittedly, where we didn’t gather sufficient data for certain characters, and that resulted in certain game imbalances. Patches are something we’d definitely like to be able to do, if possible.”

And on the Single Player aspect of the game

Sakurai also elaborated on single-player plans this time around. Would something like Subspace Emissary return? “At the very least, we’re thinking of maybe not implementing that sort of single-player experience like Subspace Emissary, where you play through to a conclusion and you’re rewarded with something like a movie,”

Sakurai said. “We found that if you wanted to see those movies, you could just go to the internet. That sort of thing loses its appeal as a reward for the player. I can’t say concretely, but we’re thinking about removing that sort of element and coming up with a way to provide a more rewarding single-player experience in which players will be rewarded in different ways.”

This is good. Especially for the 3DS version. Having a multiplayer focused franchise on a handheld is a risk,  so blah blah blah blah blah
You guys don't give a shit about my opinion. Let's just skip that part

No Ranking System

In the case of improving and adjusting the game’s online functionality, Sakurai noted that Nintendo had “significantly updated” its network, forming a “good base for what we’re going to do.” Still, the creative director couldn’t get into specific implementation details, though he did note his team has no plans for any sort of world ranking system. “We don’t want to have a type of situation where you have a ranking pyramid, and only the people at the very top can enjoy it. I think there are other unique ways to be able to implement a system where people can get satisfaction out of performing at a skill level relative to their peer group.”

Finding the right balance

“Quite simply Melee was something that was targeted more towards hardcore, advanced players,” Sakurai told me, when I asked him to characterize his new games. “With Wii, on a platform where you were getting experiences like Wii Fit and there was an audience that tilted slightly more towards beginning players, we slowed down the gameplay. This time around, we don’t see a situation where we’ll be encountering as many beginning players, and so as far as the speed and the feel of the game, I think you could say confidently that we’re targeting something right in between those two versions.”

Finally, Sakurai does a reverse and asks IGN some questions of his own

Sakurai still talks about his projects with a decisiveness and conviction that indicates he has a larger vision that has yet to complete mature. Despite that clarity, Sakurai still takes the time to ask me questions of his own.

Which Namco Bandai character would I want to include? (My reply: old school Pac-Man.)
What would that character's Final Smash be? (The enemies turn into ghosts, and you pursue them around the stage to eat them.) What Nintendo character would I want added? (A mob of seven Bowser's Koopalings, which prompted Sakurai to caution the 3DS's limits with fighters like the Ice Climbers.)

The customization thing really sounds interesting especially since if we could customize the direction of attacks it could create different combinations and variations of the attacks depending on where it goes.

A mob of seven Bowser's Koopalings, which prompted Sakurai to caution the 3DS's limits with fighters like the Ice Climbers.

I hope he didn't meant what I got from those word. I love my Ice Climbers and I would be heartbroken on a rhetorical scale if they didn't came back.

Edited by Admiral Nald
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nah, he just said that he's having trouble making them work on the 3DS due to it's technical limits.....which I'm kinda surprised about.

New pic time

daily.jpg

"They-a don't understand you like I-a do, Rush. Tell me all of your-a secrets..." Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 9

Nah, he just said that he's having trouble making them work on the 3DS due to it's technical limits.....which I'm kinda surprised about.

New pic time

"They-a don't understand you like I-a do, Rush. Tell me all of your-a secrets..."

*A Few Weeks Eariler*

screen-6.jpg

"Alright Rush. Convince Nintendo to authorize my team for another mission and your secret is safe with me. Deal?"

"Woof!"

"Good. No one will ever know that it was you that payed off Capcom to cancel Legends 3 and Universe, and as well as sabotaging Megaman's appearance in UMvC3. All to keep Volnutt on the moon, Megaman out of a job and so you could start your acting career."

"Woof! Woof! Grrrowlererrrrrrrrr..."

"If anyone ask about this, just bark gibberish. No one will ever know."

Edited by 21 + 21 = YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 7

*A Few Weeks Eariler*

screen-6.jpg

"Alright Rush. Convince Nintendo to authorize my team for another mission and your secret is safe with me. Deal?"

"Woof!"

"Good. No one will ever know that it was you that payed off Capcom to cancel Legends 3 and Universe, and as well as sabotaging Megaman's appearance in UMvC3. All to keep Volnutt on the moon, Megaman out of a job and so you could start your acting career."

"Woof! Woof! Grrrowlererrrrrrrrr..."

"If anyone ask about this, just bark gibberish. No one will ever know."

And then Fox didn't get another game either. 

Seems like the plan didn't go as Fox intended. 

Now that I think about it, I hope Olimar doesn't end up getting axed from the game because the 3DS' multiple character limitations. I mean, he does have a team of 6 pikmin in Brawl, and all though for the most part they're just running around behind him, I wonder if they have similar issues being implemented like Nana/Popo. Though, if they were to have the Pikmin not appear on screen at all times, and only appear during some of Olimar's attacks, I wonder if his move set would need too much of an overhaul in a case like that

Finding the right balance

*snip*

This is good. I admit I am still slightly disappointed that we are not seeing a return to Melee-like competitive speed and physics since that's always been my preference for Smash Bros, but this is a smart way to go about it, making a compromise between both sides. 

But at the same time this pretty much cements that I won't like this as much as Melee unless for some reason there's some revolutionary and incredible new modes/features, which I don't expect there to be. I pretty much expected this game to come in 2nd place behind Melee in my eyes and from the looks of it, that is what's gonna happen.

If we DO have to lose characters like Ice Climbers, Olimar, Sheik, etc. just because of the 3DS version, I will be royally pissed. Cutting a couple clones is one thing, but that would be inexcusable.

• Thumbs Up 3

If we DO have to lose characters like Ice Climbers, Olimar, Sheik, etc. just because of the 3DS version, I will be royally pissed. Cutting a couple clones is one thing, but that would be inexcusable.

Agreed, I'm definitely worried. The 3DS has tons of potential though, it's capable of a lot so I'm hoping we'll be surprised.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why would we lose Sheik? huh.png

I'm like 99% sure we won't, and I'm confident Ice Climber will make it too, but I'm worried about Olimar.

I'm sure there will be some Pikmin-Character, though. Maybe a Pikmin 3 one (I cross my fingers for the girl)

I'm like 99% sure we won't, and I'm confident Ice Climber will make it too, but I'm worried about Olimar.

I just didn't understand how Sheik was looped together with Ice Climbers and Olimar when the problem with them was having multiple characters at once.

Personally, I don't see the worry with Olimar. His series is relevant with a new entry coming and he has an original move-set. I don't see the Pikmin being that  big of a problem. He responded that to the idea to the Koopalings being a team. Sounds much more complicated and harder than Olimar and his Pikmin.

I could see us losing Sheik if they wanted to replace her with Impa instead. That I could easily see happening.

I don't think the Pikmin would be axed because they're not fully 3D characters (aka don't task the system). They're little 'objects' so I'm sure they're safe.

Seriously? The guy just suggested the Koopalings?huh.png

Why would Zelda transform into Impa?

Rather than "transforming into", it could be more of a tag-team idea. Keeping the same damage percent, of course.

Or they could just make them separate characters and given them new down-B's.

But why would they do that? We're probably not even getting Skyward Sword Zelda. I mean it could happen, but I don't see how it's likely.

I say stick with Zelda/Sheik.

And why exactly would getting Impa as a fully new character mean Zelda's down-B would have to be changed?

But why would they do that?

To more accurately represent recent Zelda games?

We're probably not even getting Skyward Sword Zelda.

We might, we might not. If we do, this is a way to go about it.

And why exactly would getting Impa as a fully new character mean Zelda's down-B would have to be changed?

I was working under the assumption that Impa would replace Sheik.