Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I... actually think this idea sounds pretty neat!

I can only imagine what sort of gimmick would be used to slow him down so you get there JUST before he does.

When in doubt, make Sonic made of Metal and have it be on Stardust Speedway.

Wrong end of the stick Ogilvie :P

"Race to the finish" is an obstacle course you play as a character during Melee's classic mode, against a time limit. There are tons of exits or "finishes" to reach along the course, usually at the end of each obstacle, but the closer to the end you get the better the reward. However you MUST reach an exit to make your points or any trophies you collected during the minigane count, so it's a dilemma between "do I have enough time to reach the next exit" and finishing at that current exit.

Wrong end of the stick Ogilvie tongue.png

"Race to the finish" is an obstacle course you play as a character during Melee's classic mode, against a time limit. There are tons of exits or "finishes" to reach along the course, usually at the end of each obstacle, but the closer to the end you get the better the reward. However you MUST reach an exit to make your points or any trophies you collected during the minigane count, so it's a dilemma between "do I have enough time to reach the next exit" and finishing at that current exit.

On the topic of race to the finish, it would be pretty cool if it had multiple stages. Like the entire world 1 from SMB,  a 2-d segment from Tropical Resort, the original stage from melee, or one of the Gourmet Race stages from Kirby Super Star.

That would be cool, or having each "obstacle" or "part" be designed like a game that the characters are in, then it could randomly jumble the parts each time so is not always the same

I really hope that they balance out the CPU's in this game. I was playing brawl by myself recently, and good god! The level 9 CPU's are honestly some of the most unfair and cheap opponents. Human players are much more fair. Granted this isn't Street Fighter level cheap, but they still are dicks. 90% of the time they are almost always attacking me, waiting for me to hit the ground so they can continue attacking me, or at times(like with Ike or lucas) spamming certain moves. It gets really frustrating.

I really hope that they balance out the CPU's in this game. I was playing brawl by myself recently, and good god! The level 9 CPU's are honestly some of the most unfair and cheap opponents. Human players are much more fair. Granted this isn't Street Fighter level cheap, but they still are dicks. 90% of the time they are almost always attacking me, waiting for me to hit the ground so they can continue attacking me, or at times(like with Ike or lucas) spamming certain moves. It gets really frustrating.

After playing sonic battle the level 9 CPU on brawl don't seem as dumb anymore but yeah I hope they make them attack each other a little more, maybe try having them try attacking all the opponents.

They had the same problem with Melee too, the CPU will pretty much always target you.

That was such a god-damn pain in the ass in Brawl.

Anytime I wanted to move away from the fight for a second, the CPUs would stop fighting each other and chase me all the way to the other side of the stage. Fuck half the time if I died they wouldn't even attack each other.

When I pick 4-player Brawl, I mean 4-player Brawl. Not fucking Team Player vs TeamCPUs or some other shit.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was a real pain! Especially if you were trying to do the com link on Shadow Moses, or on Lylat Cruise

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think anyone expects to be able to do codec calls in the middle of anything other than a humans-only match anyway, so I'm not sure what you're thinking.

Sakurai also seemed to admit that people are just going to look that shit up on Youtube anyway (even if he was more talking about FMVs and such), so as much as I'd like to see Kid Icarus style god-to-goddess commentary I wouldn't be surprised if he was thinking of something different in its stead this time. If not just scrapping the secret convos entirely.

We'll interestingly enough, my highest success rate for successful calls was against level 9's, level 1's being second, real people are asses and stop you, so I throw them off the stage.

But that mainly stems from me not having anyone to play with :P

I am intrigued anbout what this surprise is as the reward for story mode, if its something they are trying to make that can't be shown to detailed on the Internet

Cool, an NSMB level! And since the screen looks like it's scrolling, it seems that we're goint to be getting another Mushroomy Kingdom stage.

I'm guessing the level will probably be called "New Mushroom Kingdom?"

I don't know why, but it reminds me of "Race to the finish!", but I have no clue why.

It's a Super Mario 3D Land stage. Not NSMB. Those colored blocks are in both 3D Land and 3D World.

Also they show off what I assume is a different part of the level in the Developer Direct, and you can hear the 3D Land main theme playing.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 2

It looks a fucking lot like an NSMB stage if it's not one. I find it hard to believe it's not considering the incredible similarities. Besides, music from different levels/games then what the stage is based on can play in stages: a bunch of Smash bros stages do that. For example, the remix of the Mario World theme in the Delfino Plaza Stage in Brawl. 

Drat, I was hoping New Super Rehash Bros would not seep into Smash Bros but oh well. As long as the stage is fun to play I can tolerate it's existence. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

The NSMB is quite a big part of the Mario franchise, of course it was going to get representation in one way or another.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does it really matter that it's from NSMB? The 3DS version is supposed to pay homage to the portable Nintendo franchises, as such it's a 3DS exclusive stage. I mean christ.

• Thumbs Up 9

It's a Super Mario 3D Land stage. Not NSMB. Those colored blocks are in both 3D Land and 3D World.

Damn we're getting both how could this happen

infact every stage in the game is confirmed to be Toad

• Thumbs Up 3