Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Well there was the WarioWare stage in Brawl, so I think they could pull off Mario Party somehow?? I haven't played any of the Party games though, so I have no clue what that would involve ... other than friendships being ruined. :v

Luck? Items? Stealing shit?

Oh I can only imagine the rage of having boo be a part of this map with the ability to steal stocks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm trying to think of iconic mini-games that could work. They wouldn't have to be from only one mario party. Maybe that iconic one with the snowballs, or running constantly on the conveyer belts trying not to get electricuted?

some ideas

384445-marioparty4_001_large.jpg

mario-party-7-20050518105944589-000.jpg

mario-party-8-1-g_52.jpg

mp9buddybounce.png

image_42325_thumb_wide610.jpg

Edited by Young Xehanort

I'm trying to think of iconic mini-games that could work. They wouldn't have to be from only one mario party. Maybe that iconic one with the snowballs

Damn it Xehan, now I'm fully expecting this to show up.

e3-2012-mario-party.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

I could imagine a Mario Party stage being within similar range of WarioWare in Brawl. Especially with the whole "jumping into minigames" mechanic. And it would make sense to reward players with Super Stars, would it not...

I'm personally hoping to see some Mario & Luigi RPG inspired levels. Dark Bowser Battlefield anybody? With Dark Bowser constantly assaulting the stage with a remix of his kick ass music, might I add. Or even on Princess Shroob's final UFO ride with her tentacles disrupting the stage and such. 

Edited by Symbotic

I'm trying to think of iconic mini-games that could work. They wouldn't have to be from only one mario party. Maybe that iconic one with the snowballs, or running constantly on the conveyer belts trying not to get electricuted>

Platform Peril would be an awesome mini-game gimmick for a Mario Party Smash Bros. stage.

Another one... Hot Rope Jump, I guess?

Edited by Dr. YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

Say, I just had an idea for the ultimately cool character, with MEgaman showing up, what if we got:
Dr. Wily as a pokemon trainer style character with a team of 3 robot masters that randomly switch out every match from a poll of 15 or so! then what if his final smash was the yellow devil we saw!? wouldnt that be awesome

Say, I just had an idea for the ultimately cool character, with MEgaman showing up, what if we got:

Dr. Wily as a pokemon trainer style character with a team of 3 robot masters that randomly switch out every match from a poll of 15 or so! then what if his final smash was the yellow devil we saw!? wouldnt that be awesome

Even if it weren't for the unrealistic expectations of a single third party getting more than one playable character, or the impracticality of designing a whopping 15 different movesets for one character slot, Sakurai did mention that these "multiple char" characters are difficult to display on the 3DS, and having 15 characters loaded into RAM in addition to the other three players of the match just isn't going to happen.

Even if it weren't for the unrealistic expectations of a single third party getting more than one playable character, or the impracticality of designing a whopping 15 different movesets for one character slot, Sakurai did mention that these "multiple char" characters are difficult to display on the 3DS, and having 15 characters loaded into RAM in addition to the other three players of the match just isn't going to happen.

I didnt mean at the same time, I meant as if he had a mini character select of his own that randomly chose 3, but only the 3 would be in the round, of course Dr Wily with 3 of the best Robot masters ever would be cool

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

You're still suggesting that they, essentially, make 15 more Mega Man characters.

It's not happening. Literally 0% chance. It's so absurd it's not even worth considering.

You're still suggesting that they, essentially, make 15 more Mega Man characters.

It's not happening. Literally 0% chance. It's so absurd it's not even worth considering.

Sorry, was just thinking a little out of the box, but really, Wily controlling a couple of robot masters(2 or 3) would be rather cool, and with their classic setup they would have simple movesets but devasating powers

then again anything is fair game, like say a periphal to a game(ROB), for all we know we could get a fighting N64 remote XD we never know what they might do

For that matter I dont know much about the megaman games, just for the fun of it, why dont we specualyte a bit about what robot masters would be cool to see on a team(and try to balance them out

What if Wily had the Megaman killers(AKA the genesis unit)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Edit: Whatever. This is why I hate discussing NSMB, because people will defend it to the bloody grave, and then act like you're unreasonable for pointing out its flaws, by virtue of the fact that it's not the worst game in the universe, and because it's a Mario game and playable which makes it exempt from criticism.   "Ohh but it's fun so what does it matter?"   Bad design philosophy and lack of effort are never excusable, even in *gasp* Mario games, because if these games aren't criticized, they will keep being made that way with no improvements. It's plainly an observable fact that the series is lazy, but apparently even that is "subjective".   And since people can't have an honest debate, and instead resort to essentially saying "umad?" "hahahaha no" and "just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad" (which one could say about Sonic '06, and is basically a way of saying "well I like it, so it's good"), and respond to any disagreement with "Whoaaaaa why do you care so much", I am done. Hopefully when I return to the discussion it's a little more mature.   P.S., Trying to ridicule people, subtly or otherwise, who disagree with you is not cool. This isn't the GameFAQs forums. I always thought this was a friendly community but sometimes this place gets out of hand.
....What the hell are you talking about? Seriously, I don't see any of this "mindless hating on you and defending the game, or saying umad bro "crap almost anywhere. Many of us have agreed that the NSMB or 3D land series is bland, boring, not the best out there: HOWEVER all that had NOTHING to do with it being in SSB. That is what you don't seem to be getting. This is one level that is being represented. And its taking aspects and traits that look Mario. It is not going to bring all that stuff you seem to be complaining about. The level looks interesting. And again, this is not going to send a message to Nintendo that NSMB is the way to go. Just like how Sega didn't assume because Crisis City was in generations that they should try to implement more stuff from 06. So there ya go. This doesn't seem so mindless does now does it?

about the NSMB, I'm just gonna say that by bringing up COD constantly we might aswell hate on every game that gets a High  Metacritic score

....also by saying "at least Sonic 06 did something different" you pretty much make a good argument for playing it safe like NSMB does....

anyway, todays picture of the Day

Tm8lC0W.jpg

Wii Fit trainer is channeling the Spirit Bomb wrong on Battlefield

• Thumbs Up 8

No sense chiming in on this discussion anymore. It looks like everything's already been said.

Wii Fit trainer is channeling the Spirit Bomb wrong on Battlefield

Oh, you saw it too? HELL YES.

handshake.jpg

I'm guessing this is the start-up for her Final Smash.

Edited by Solly

I'm trying to think of iconic mini-games that could work. They wouldn't have to be from only one mario party. Maybe that iconic one with the snowballs, or running constantly on the conveyer belts trying not to get electricuted?

some ideas

384445-marioparty4_001_large.jpg

mario-party-7-20050518105944589-000.jpg

mario-party-8-1-g_52.jpg

mp9buddybounce.png

image_42325_thumb_wide610.jpg

Keeping in the spirit of Mario Party, halfway through the round four fishing rods would spawn on screen. If you take damage or attack someone or move or do anything that isn't just putting the controller down, you have a 50% chance of instantly losing.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm guessing this is the start-up for her Final Smash.

I just rewatched the WFT reveal trailer, and... no, no it isn't. She starts out with the Tree pose facing the camera, for one thing. For another, she doesn't have the Final Smash glow in the pic, which doesn't actually subside until after the FS finishes.

Just going to assume she's using/getting hit by an item of some sort. Assist trophy maybe?

Imagine if this Smash Bros game got the blue shell from Mario Kart as an item. It would instantly kill the player in first place about 7 times and give all the other players free lives, in true Mario Kart fashion.

Edited by Wraith

I actually wouldn't mind a Blue Shell personally, as long as it doesn't fucking explode. Hell, I don't think it really need to specifically seek out the lead player - just make it a shorter-lasting, flying red shell that homes in on the nearest motherfucker and you're pretty much golden.

doesn't seem to be the case actually so I'm guessing it's either a effect of that move she does or something caused by another character.

Not to sound like a smart aleck or anything but isn't that just the sun in the background?

Not to sound like a smart aleck or anything but isn't that just the sun in the background?

It's nighttime in the picture.

Edited by Wraith

WFT can summon a miniature sun on command. Top tier, best character.

SO.

After playing Game & Wario, it seems that Jimmy T. has been promoted to Top Dog as far as Wario's friends go.  Not to mention that Mona's gotten a super cute redesign.  I'd love to see one or the other in Smash.  Jimmy would make for a hilarious moveset, while Mona would be another great female character.

• Thumbs Up 1