Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

If clones are being discarded, what will happen to Ganondorf, the slower tank version of Captain Falcon?

Give him his own moveset. He really deserves one- he's got a lot of potential. He can shoot lighting and all sorts of magic spells, he's wielded more than one type of sword, and he's able to FLY. They really have more than enough to work with.

In other news, Matt Mercer, the voice actor for Chrom, has said that he hasn't been asked to do anything for Smash Bros yet, but that he really wants Chrom to get in. I'd love to see him, or Lucina, or at least some other Awakening character be playable.

• Thumbs Up 2

Have you tried Super Smash Bros Melee? IMO that game is even better then Brawl, it's faster and is more competitive and is a more skill-based game then brawl. 

As much as I love both games, I prefer Brawl, mainly do to the few extra characters that I now main. Melee.....I don't have a main character. Plus brawl=project M. Brawl with Melee setting. 

By the way, Toon Link >>>>>>>>>>>>. Young link and adult link (melee and brawl version)

• Thumbs Up 1

If they just stick to boring ass Marth and Ike and not put any Awakening characters in, I'm gonna be pissed.

• Thumbs Up 1

So far they've had a trend of putting Marth + relevant Fire Emblem character into the Smash Bros. games, they'll probably continue with this in Smash 4 by putting Marth + an Awakening character.

speaking of Fire Emblem, Todays Picture of the Day

uwbXZ41.jpg

a Fire Emblem Stage, natch actually a Kid Icarus Stage

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark

That's the battlefield right before Viridi showed up and bombed the fuck out of them, isn't it? Honestly I don't think that would've been my first choice for a KI stage but I'll hold out for hope that a Reset Bomb is the stage's gimmick.

EDIT: Might as well unspoiler this, seeing as nobody else used tags.

Edited by Blacklightning

That's a boring stage for Uprising 8( I was hoping it'd get the Reset Bomb Forest itself or Aurum Island or something.

Speaking of Kid Icarus stages, think the Wii U version will have a stage based on the first Kid Icarus game since it's "console" as opposed to handheld? Or do you think they'll go with a different Uprising stage for both?

Interested to see what happens.

EDIT: Sakurai's comment gives me hope for Viridi or Reset Bomb being involved in a stage gimmick:

Pic of the day. Viridi, Goddess of Nature, is about to obliterate the humans as they battle, driven by greed.

Edited by SuperLink

Yeah I think the stage will transform upon being hit by a reset bomb. I'm interested in the transition more than anything.

For some reason I keep convincing myself that the 3DS version won't have stage transitions because of hardware limitations but it'll probably be fine.

Maybe the 3DS version would be the competitive one without stage hazzards ;)

But seriously I hope the stages are like the Wii U ones, the stage hazzards are what make Smash Bros...well Smash Bros

Have you tried Super Smash Bros Melee? IMO that game is even better then Brawl, it's faster and is more competitive and is a more skill-based game then brawl. 

Unfortunately I haven't played any of the past games in the series. Perhaps I'll pick it up once I can find myself a Gamecube in decent condition.

I'm not sure if I like Melee or brawl better to be honest, brawl has a bigger choice of characters and stages and I'm quite partial to the subspace emissary ( the Great maze though! Aarrgghh!)

But Melee has race to the finish and character specific break the targets.

I think they are both skill based games really (especially if you are using a lower tier character). It takes skill to master any if the characters really.

I don't really think you can use competitive play in an argument unless that person likes competitive play.

So Brawl = Melee in my books, but my sister lost my copy if Melee so :(

I kinda feel like I enjoyed Brawl more.

I got a lot more out of Melee, especially since I've had it longer, but the disparity between the physics of the two games makes it hard for me to get back into Melee.

Smash 4 is supposed to be inbetween, so hopefully it'll be easier to transition after that.

Oh I can't wait to see how the Reset Bomb will effect that Kid Icarus Uprising stage, though yeah, the stage itself does seem kinda bland on its own right now

I'm guessing the Wii U version will just end up getting Underworld as a stage, likely taking on Kid Icarus Uprising's style, and maybe even including a couple of really cool background scenes inspired by the game, like a background assault on Medusa's Castle by Dark Pit and the Centurians, or maybe even have Hades pop up as a big bad stage effect who'll constantly get attacked by forces from both Palutena and Viridi as he messes with the fighters on stage

Unfortunately I haven't played any of the past games in the series. Perhaps I'll pick it up once I can find myself a Gamecube in decent condition.

If you've got a Wii, you can play Melee on that. Unless you've been playing Brawl on the Wii U.

I think which is better, though, sort of depends on how you want to play it. Brawl is floatier, slower and has a lot more frustrating mechanics, but it completely wins out on content, in my opinion. Melee's faster and more competitive, but there isn't nearly as much to see, and it's not quite as easy to pick up. Switching between the two games is really jarring, because they control a lot differently. I'm happy the new game's going to be faster than Brawl was, personally.

Anyway, I'm hoping the 3DS version doesn't end up hogging all the cool stages. Between the Kid Icarus level, Gerudo Valley, the DKCR stage, and Arena Ferox, it looks a lot more interesting than what we've seen on Wii U.

Edited by Solly

As much as I love both games, I prefer Brawl, mainly do to the few extra characters that I now main. Melee.....I don't have a main character. Plus brawl=project M. Brawl with Melee setting. 

By the way, Toon Link >>>>>>>>>>>>. Young link and adult link (melee and brawl version)

Yeah I do love Project M. Honestly because of it I never feel a need to play regular Brawl unless I'm playing with someone online who doesn't have Project M.

I don't even have any home brew, all my games are vanilla haha

I don't even have any home brew, all my games are vanilla haha

You don't need any sort of homebrew to play Project M. All you need is a 2GB SD card, and to completely move/delete all your custom stages off your Wii. Then you can put the Project M files on that SD Card, put it in your Wii, and then boot up Project M by clicking on the stage builder. 

Ahh we'll at the moment I have a new Wii to replace the broken one and no brawl data on there at all (thanks to the stupid decision to bit let people copy it) so I may give it a go if I can get a good enough connection

I dont know about you, but Im actually impressed by this stage, looks far superior than the other stages so far (for 3DS) and that bit where the battlefield is, looked amazing in the game, that plus the reset bomb, (hopefully) will make up for a great stage!

I expected the KIU level to take place in one of the stages.

The battlefield that serves as the prologue of Chapter 11 was not what I was expecting.

In hindsight though, points to Sakurai for including it. It's one of the two times where the humans that serve as the motivation for Hades's mass-murdering, Viridi's vengeance, and Palutena's god-complex, all of which made up more than half the game, even show up.

Edited by Joshua

I expected the KIU level to take place in one of the stages.

The battlefield that serves as the prologue of Chapter 11 was not what I was expecting.

In hindsight though, points to Sakurai for including it. It's one of the two times where the humans that serve as the motivation for Hades's mass-murdering, Viridi's vengeance, and Palutena's god-complex, all of which made up more than half the game even show up.

Thats a great point, and thats why this seems to be good, since it has the humans, Hades army, and Viridi too (and Palutina when it actually happened in-game) I do hope Kid Icarus gets a stage on Wii U, itd be a shame if we dont get one of Uprisings awesome places/scenarios in HD. but the portable thing is worrying me a bit.

If you've got a Wii, you can play Melee on that. Unless you've been playing Brawl on the Wii U.

I unfortunately don't own a Wii any more. I sold it a while ago when I acquired a Wii U.

I dont know about you, but Im actually impressed by this stage, looks far superior than the other stages so far (for 3DS)

Remember that it all still is a Work in progress.  Plus considering Sakurai was involved in both games it was probably no hassle at all using the assets so it was just as it appeared in KI.

For some reason I keep convincing myself that the 3DS version won't have stage transitions because of hardware limitations but it'll probably be fine.

The New Super Mario Bros level is a transition stage.