Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Remember that it all still is a Work in progress.  Plus considering Sakurai was involved in both games it was probably no hassle at all using the assets so it was just as it appeared in KI.

Youre right, that must be definitely it, cause Nintendogs (as awesome as the dog is) just looks plain dull, even if the background is like literally taken out of a nintendogs + cats footage. the rest is like... 2-3  blocks ? and thats it. The DKCR, Fire Emblem and Spirit Tracks stages seem to be the only good ones, the others might not even exist or need work.  

By the way I dont remember comercials or trailers for the first one, or maybe even Melee, but for those who do, did Sakurai ever show a trailer with stages that ended up modified / removed ?

The New Super Mario Bros level is a transition stage.

Was that confirmed to be a stage? Some people were speculating it to be a story mode level. Got me thinking.

super-smash-bros-for-3ds-pikachu-kirby.j

Was that confirmed to be a stage? Some people were speculating it to be a story mode level. Got me thinking.

super-smash-bros-for-3ds-pikachu-kirby.j

Yes, he said this was the stage in the trailer when Bowser got anally raped by spikes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really loving all the 3DS stages, certainly more than the WiiU's stages thus far, the WiiU stages are a little on the boring side, but then again we haven't seen all that the stages could diss out yet.

Still waiting on that full screen shot of the Distant Planet 2 stage, we still haven't gotten one yet.

And yes folks, the New Super Mario/3D Land Stage is transitional as Sakurai stated on Miiverse. It starts out on traditional plains, eventually moving to the area above the Water that we already seen before, and theirs likely even more to the stage than that.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

So far my favorite Wii U stages are Skyloft and the Wii fit trainers gym. The former because I always wanted to see that area in full on HD, and the latter because of how unique and wacky it is.(plus the cute little wii fit, that jumps around)

Today's image.

2qi3bec.jpg

More Villager throwing action. I get the feeling I'm going to like this move.

I'm hoping for another character or stage reveal soon. 

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 4

You know what I don't think has really been discussed at all?  Interface.  I'm curious to see how it would look in Smash 4.  There were elements of Brawl's interface I wasn't too big a fan of.  I liked all the fonts that were used but elements of the CSS and SSS were a little too plain.  I also didn't like the change in the stock icons, going from the character heads in Melee to those tiny, ugly, hard to see dots in Brawl.  Too often do I get confused on whether or not there's 2 stocks left or 3 because of how hard to see they are (especially evident in low-mid quality videos).

I did like the little heads in Melee, can't remember what they were in Brawl so they obviously weren't that memorable/noticeable :P

Maybe if they changed it to the life icon of the game the character comes from? So heads for sonic and mario, hearts for link ect?

I'm interested in the menu screen, I liked brawls over Melee's, it was just a bit bland for me (although brawls was what I imagine you'd find on a tablet)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love if the interface was a clever way of mixing all the character's games and such. Having this sorta hub looking menu and such filled with various side characters or objects from various games, mix-matched nicely and maybe even interacting. Maybe it'd be a bit too flashy, but I think it'd be a neat labor of love for fans for a presentation like that *shrugs*.

I'm actually really excited to see Master Hand and hopefully Crazy Hand again. I know they don't really do anything and kinda always have the same movesets, but they're characters I always thought were interesting nonetheless haha. It'd be cool if they gave them some new tricks though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know this has nothing to do with what were talking about recently, but seeing Pit there made me remember, did anyone noticed Pits Up B seems kinda different now?

In brawl he had a "falling from the air" pose, and he didnt move much, basically only the wings flapped, but on the trailer where he lifts up in the Skyward Sword stage, he seems to have an animation for lift off, like crouching, preparing and jumping with force, and not just that but it seemed much faster and also in a diagonal fashion. Do you think itll be like those sideways Up specials? Like Wolfs? or will it just have that thrust and then the extra flapping?

For reference: Pits Up B in Brawl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjlFHS_YXDk at 0:04 

Compare to : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvudMu-5kIU at 1:23-4

Edited by dabbido

Pit's recovery ability was already retarded without the ability to freeform fly halfway across the stage and glide even further, so frankly I'd welcome it if his recovery move was limited to just the diagonal charge we saw in the reveal trailer. If the charge actually deals damage this time, even better.

I noticed it was different, too.

Pit's recovery ability was already retarded without the ability to freeform fly halfway across the stage and glide even further, so frankly I'd welcome it if his recovery move was limited to just the diagonal charge we saw in the reveal trailer. If the charge actually deals damage this time, even better.

But his Up+B recovery move couldn't be used a second time if he were hit by an enemy, making him really easy to shut out. He could get some distance in Brawl, but his recovery was unreliable at best.

I noticed it was different, too.

But his Up+B recovery move couldn't be used a second time if he were hit by an enemy, making him really easy to shut out. He could get some distance in Brawl, but his recovery was unreliable at best.

True story. He could fly a lot, but when he started he had so much lagg to start actually flying, that when you did it near the bottom of the stage, youd fall off the stage before he could properly propel (no pun intended) himself up and recover. But I do hope it is as BlackLightning says, its best if its fast, with a bit less extra "jumps" or flaps, but quick and if it does damage, even better!

Am I the only one who thought Brawl's gliding mechanics were a bad idea in general?

• Thumbs Up 3

But his Up+B recovery move couldn't be used a second time if he were hit by an enemy,

Are... you sure about that? I'm almost certain I've seen players re-using it multiple times after being interrupted, usually coming out of it none the wiser.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are... you sure about that? I'm almost certain I've seen players re-using it multiple times after being interrupted, usually coming out of it none the wiser.

I thought I was, but I just tested it and it seems like you're right. And now I'm wondering why the hell I thought that. 

Maybe if pit had something akin to kirby? So say he could jump like 3-4 times and then have an up+B

Maybe if pit had something akin to kirby? So say he could jump like 3-4 times and then have an up+B

He already does have multiple jumps. Plus, he can glide.

Anyway, pic of the day.

312jqrl.jpg

More Olimar. HEY GUYS, PIKMIN 3 IS COMING OUT. WE CAN'T STRESS THAT ENOUGH. MAYBE THIS WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO BUY IT.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 2

That pic is already on the previous page.:/

No idea why. Both pics of the day weren't taken from the official site, they were uploaded to imgur, so why they'd be the same is perplexing. Anyway, I rehosted today's picture. Yesterday's picture was this.

2qi3bec.jpg

I'll be hosting the images myself to make sure that doesn't happen again.

He already does have multiple jumps. Plus, he can glide.

Ahh forgive me, my sister has had my copy at her house for the past 2 years so I'm a bit rusty!!

Nonetheless these daily pictures are great, now it's the question of are they Sakurai playing by himself, are they two people, are they planned or are they accidental :P

My estimate for the next character reveal is Wonderful Red on the 12th or 13th of August.

My estimate for the next character reveal is Wonderful Red on the 12th or 13th of August.

I think Wonder Red's unlikely.  Despite the fact that yes The Wonderful 101 is WiiU exclusive it's still by a 3rd party company.  The possibility's still there and if he was in I would be extremely happy (honestly it would probably be the closest thing to seeing Viewtiful Joe officially in Smash).