Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I think Wonder Red's unlikely.  Despite the fact that yes The Wonderful 101 is WiiU exclusive it's still by a 3rd party company.  The possibility's still there and if he was in I would be extremely happy (honestly it would probably be the closest thing to seeing Viewtiful Joe officially in Smash).

According to Nintendo, W101 is a Nintendo IP.

I'm guessing it has something to do with how it was funded, maybe they helped more than with Bayo2.

I think Wonder Red's unlikely.  Despite the fact that yes The Wonderful 101 is WiiU exclusive it's still by a 3rd party company.  The possibility's still there and if he was in I would be extremely happy (honestly it would probably be the closest thing to seeing Viewtiful Joe officially in Smash).

The IP is owned by Nintendo and they've been giving it a significant push lately, not only that but Sakurai and Kamiya are pretty close friends and tweet each other often. Sakurai was also seen once at Platinum's office for reasons unknown, and when Kamiya was once asked about the possibility of seeing his own characters in Smash Bros (although it was in the context of Bayonetta), he replied saying "who wouldn't?".

I think the chances of a TW101 representative appearing are higher than lower. It would be easy to make it happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah okay I didn't know it was actually a Ninty IP even though it's being developed by Platinum. In that case get that sucka in the game! And Shulk please...

• Thumbs Up 1

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-says-new-smash-bros-wont-have-a-story-mode-or-cutscenes-3ds-version-will-feature-separate-mode-from-the-standard-versus-play/

No story mode, it seems.

Not only that, but they're cutting it for the dumbest reason.

“Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I’ve decided against having them.”

Edited by Wraith

That's kinda old news, Wraith. Maybe the reason he gave is it a bit iffy (I persnally don't think so) but it's not like the majority of Brawl players liked the SSE anyways. Most fans just want Melee's Adventure mode back.

Thanks to the net, we also could look at other stuff in the game, like trophies and assist characters. By that logic, wouldn't it be obvious to remove them too?

It's a very stupid reason.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. I'm willing to be that vast majority of players don't seek out and watch the cutscenes online, especially not before actually seeing them in-game. There are so many holes in this reasoning that it's obviously just a half-assed excuse.

Oh well.

I really did want to see a good story in this.(if sonic was in it, it have him and mario rivals throughout the game in my mind. Which I would have loved.) But as long as the game is super addicting its not that big a deal. The reason is still stupid though.

I find the logic there a bit flawed personally, treating cutscenes as a reward when playing through a story mode. It's like "okay you did well playing this far, now put down the controller and watch this" :V.

This doesn't rule out any sorta of Melee styled adventure mode though, just nothing heavier in story like Brawl tried to be.

Fucking hell, as much as I didn't think the Subspace thing was all that great (I did like it enough though), it was an easy and convenient way to unlock everyone, which I tremendously appreciated, and I really did want to see a good story mode in this one as well. If there's another easy way to unlock characters it wont be too much of a loss, but if there's not.................fucking hell.

And yes that reason as to why not is one of the stupidest fucking things I've heard. 

To be honest I'm not mad at all, Brawl's story mode was very disappointing and overly drawn out, I'm sure there will still be fun CGI scenes in SSB4 but I'd prefer a bigger version of an Adventure Mode like Melee's.

Don't forget that the cutscenes in Brawl literally took up half of the game's disc. The game was double layered, and one of those layers was literally just for cutscenes. Think about the size of 3DS carts, not having cutscenes will mean the 3DS game has a lot more room for other things.

Just because it doesn't have a huge mode like subspace doesn't mean there won't be other modes that make unlocking characters easier or has a lot of Nintendo worlds to go through. Don't jump to the worst conclusions. :P

• Thumbs Up 6

To be honest I'm not mad at all, Brawl's story mode was very disappointing and overly drawn out, I'm sure there will still be fun CGI scenes in SSB4 but I'd prefer a bigger version of an Adventure Mode like Melee's.

Don't forget that the cutscenes in Brawl literally took up half of the game's disc. The game was double layered, and one of those layers was literally just for cutscenes. Think about the size of 3DS carts, not having cutscenes will mean the 3DS game has a lot more room for other things.

Just because it doesn't have a huge mode like subspace doesn't mean there won't be other modes that make unlocking characters easier or has a lot of Nintendo worlds to go through. Don't jump to the worst conclusions. tongue.png

I would strongly hope that there's a mode like that. Like I said, I very much appreciated how SSE allowed me to unlock everyone easily. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Stupid reason for not having a story mode right there, but still shame to hear that. Though SSE wasn't that great anyway. Something akin to other fighting games where each character has a rival would've been much better. I just hope there will be an Adventure Mode, but much improved from Melee's.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would strongly hope that there's a mode like that. Like I said, I very much appreciated how SSE allowed me to unlock everyone easily. 

To be honest SSE was so long and tedious that I found it more fun and quicker to unlock them the other ways, personally, haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its a bullshit reason and we can all see it, don't know why he would say something soo idiotic. I'm betting the real reason was either they could make a good story work fluidly with the new additions (C'mon take all these characters and try making a decent story that works without making it all fanon like) or space issues (which I doubt considering its fucking bluray and it held MGS4: the movie the game pretty fine.)

I guess a story mode like Melee is fine, just was hoping for a good story mode this time around.

I actually liked SSE more than most, mostly for the cutscenes. I thought it would be better to improve the mode rather than completely abandon it.

But yeah, it's not that big of a deal. I just like seeing these characters interact, it's one of the things Brawl did better than Melee.

• Thumbs Up 3

And there I was getting all excited from the Megaman and Wii Fit trailers, thinking we'd have loads of cutscenes like that sprinkled throughout the game itself and not just internet promos. Pretty big let down imo. It's 2013. Stuff is gonna get on the internet whether people like it or not, I don't even see the problem, as you can just not watch them and keep yourself spoiler-free if you choose. Don't gotta punish everyone else for a few folks uploading vids early. As for me I tend to spoil myself to a point here and there when it comes to games I'm hyped about, but once I have the said games in my possession, I still watch all the cutscenes as if I'm watching them for the first time anyway because I'm seeing them in their full quality as they were meant to be seen. Not much of a big deal. 

And as for the comments about the scenes taking up disc space, don't the Wii U's discs have a storage capacity comparable to Bluray? I don't think it'd be too much of a problem had they actually gone through with it.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

space issues (which I doubt considering its fucking bluray and it held MGS4: the movie the game pretty fine.)

3DS version.

The games are being kept similar.

@Inferno: 3DS version

@Everyone: 3DS Version.

EDIT: Also this news is literally like a month old I'm surprised so many of you guys hadn't heard about it yeah.

Edited by SuperLink

I REALLY am hating that the presence of the 3DS version is bogging down the potential of the main version.

EDIT: Also this news is literally like a month old I'm surprised so many of you guys hadn't heard about it yeah.

The statement was made recently, actually. This news just went up today.

You guys wanted a handheld Smash Bros and no SSE, so they're giving those to you :V

Goddamn that logic seriously pisses me off. "We're thinking about removing t because anyone who wants to watch them could just go to the Internet, therefore all the charm of them is gone."

Fuck that. You know, I watched quite a few of the cut-scenes in KH3D before I got it and I found the experience of watching them myself much greater than already knowing what was to come. They were still pretty charming, so this logic can go jump off a bridge. If we still get a "similar" single player mode fine, but I just don't get this idea that since its already online there is no point in having them in the game now.

Edited by A Big Cock

while I did enjoy the SSE Cutscenes, I'm not sad seeing them go to be Honest. Only thing it means to me is we are less likeley to see some Uprising styled writing in it, wich is a shame but oh well, Melee styled Adventure Mode is mighty fine too.