Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - NA: October 29th [DELAYED!]

Autosaver

Given how quick Nintendo Germany's promise of the third game this year was debunked I'm somewhat wary. But if this is accurate... well, I will say I'm impressed. That's insanely early!

Looks like Summer of Sonic and Sonic Boom won't be as lucrative for those who want to try games out early this year... normally you have a 5-month gap but this year it looks like it'll be only 1 or 2.

Regardless, yay! Quite a pleasant surprise!

October? Sweet. Guess they want it out before Mario to keep it from getting lost.

I see what you did there.

Nintendo probably has something to do with the Sunday release date. Nintendo likes to release their big games on Sunday in the states. They did it with Brawl, Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and all their consoles since the N64. They also like to release games on Mondays for some reason too.

• Thumbs Up 1

If October 18th is right for the UK...

THAT'S ONE DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY! HOORAY!

Damn, right around the time Pokémon X and Y come out. My body is ready, but I don't know if my wallet is.....

So Lost World is out on a Sunday. And Pokemon X&Y is out on a Monday. Usually it's Pokemon that gets released on the former and Sonic on Tuesdays in the U.S...

Things are topsy-turvy I swear lol

I've bought plenty of games on Sunday. It sucks because it happens to be when the weekend's winding down and the stores are all opening and closing later/earlier than usual.

But yay, October. 

I don't get why folks assume X/Y will really mean anything. Yeah it'll hurt initial sales but unless you're really, really, REALLY financially struggling, I don't see why people can't just get the game a few weeks later with another paycheck and when X/Y's probably beat.

I don't get why folks assume X/Y will really mean anything. Yeah it'll hurt initial sales but unless you're really, really, REALLY financially struggling, I don't see why people can't just get the game a few weeks later with another paycheck and when X/Y's probably beat.

Some games just have really front-loaded sales, or sell best when there's a lot of hype/talk surrounding them. The first few weeks or so can mean a lot.

Some games just have really front-loaded sales, or sell best when there's a lot of hype/talk surrounding them. The first few weeks or so can mean a lot.

Makes sense!

Though by this point I think Sonic's a franchise that doesn't really get by with the common gamer anymore. Seems to be one of those that survive solely on its devoted fans more than anything else.

But I could be wrong! I just know that these days the average gamer seems to care more about the latest nine millionth GTA clone or FPS than cartoon hedgehogs or even plumbers. :(

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

yeah apparently shadz said that oct 13 was referring to something else

oops

That date is for Skylanders. Holiday 2013 below is for Lost World. The press release seems to have been formatted incorrectly when copy and pasting. For example, Planes' release date is August 6th, not 18th.

http://www.develop-online.net/press-releases/101027/Disney-Planes-The-Video-Game

That date is for Skylanders. Holiday 2013 below is for Lost World. The press release seems to have been formatted incorrectly when copy and pasting. For example, Planes' release date is August 6th, not 18th.

http://www.develop-online.net/press-releases/101027/Disney-Planes-The-Video-Game

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

As an American, our normal release days are Tuesdays, probably followed by Fridays. This is the first time I can recall hearing of a Sunday release for a game. o.o;

The majority of Nintendo games are released on Sunday.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't believe the date due to SWF coming the 13th it would be a terrible move, plus if you look at that page the "Holiday 2013" isn't connected to anything else the two proceeding games have their own release dates next to the titles.

So your absolutely certain that the release date is for something else right?

I knew that date was too good (or bad given X/Y) to be true.

Now let's hope it can knock some heads in the massive bottleneck that is the holiday season!

Not bad, I got 4 months to save up for a WiiU. Already 1/3 of the way there.

**EDIT**

Just checked Gamestop's website, they have a release date of December 31, 2013 for the WiiU version and December 13, 2013 for the 3DS version.

www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Sonic+Lost+World,28zu0

Edited by DemonShad716

That's a placeholder.

Also, you may want to wait for Black Friday as I'm SURE they will have some crazy deals.

That's a placeholder.

Also, you may want to wait for Black Friday as I'm SURE they will have some crazy deals.

Ah, that's good to know. I was gonna pre-order it tomorrow but Black Friday seems like a better time.

Yeah, that's gotta be a placeholder. Releasing a game right after Christmas doesn't make any sense to me at all.

So your absolutely certain that the release date is for something else right?

Positive. AmitieAkiera's already explained it for me, plus, as I said, the dates for the others game that don't have the date listed right next to them, like Planes, are wrong. The list was just badly formatted from doing a copy and paste job. All of the dates are supposed to be right next to their game, but some got pushed down, like Sonic Lost World's.

October 13 is for both WiiU and 3DS versions, right? That's just longer I'll have to wait for a WiiU! Hopefully the 3DS version can hold me over until then (which by the looks of it, it won't disappoint).

yeah apparently shadz said that oct 13 was referring to something else

oops

tumblr_lrwkdx302h1qhdrb2.png

Well crap