Awoo.

Mad Max (PC, PS3/4, Xbox 36One)

Badnik Mechanic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn0aVkdBwt4

GTTV is currently interviewing someone from the dev team... tons of details coming out.

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html

* Big open world game.

* Not based on a movie, its it's own story.

* Car Combat.

* Build and customise your own vehicle.

* Your car can be customised to become a weapon. e.g. add armor to make it tank like when ramming, but won't be able to speed away very well.

More details coming out.

Gameplay is being shown at the E3 floor.

• Thumbs Up 8

I swear down if this is any kind of shooter, this game will be a huge turn off from me. Enough with the darn shooters.

I swear down if this is any kind of shooter, this game will be a huge turn off from me. Enough with the darn shooters.

Have you even seen any of the Mad Max movies? He does a lot of shooting, fighting and driving, It's pretty much guaranteed to be a shooter.

Colour me EXTREMELY excited for this, having always wanted a Mad Max game, this is a dream come true.

And you even get to drive his beastly muscle car, fffffff hype.

I can somehow see this being like RAGE...

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 1

I literally can't see this being anything but a shooter XD It's Mad Max, his films are absolutely mental with violence and shooting.

I have to admit I do find this a tad bit random, sure the films were fun but to make a game out of this series without anything else going atm with the franchise seems a bit out of left field, especially there are so many post apocalyptic games out there already that are influenced so much by Mad Max.

Edited by Quacku

Have you even seen any of the Mad Max movies? He does a lot of shooting, fighting and driving, It's pretty much guaranteed to be a shooter.

Colour me EXTREMELY excited for this, having always wanted a Mad Max game, this is a dream come true.

And you even get to drive his beastly muscle car, fffffff hype.

I can somehow see this being like RAGE...

Agreed.

This has the potential to be absolutely fantastic, but I'm going to hold off until I see gameplay and impressions. Until then, it's just a bunch of sort of pretty pictures.

• Thumbs Up 3

The pictures don't even look good IMO. Looks like a PS360 game.

Has it been announced what format the images were taken from? They could be PS3/360 screens for all we know.

madmax--top-dog-defeated.jpeg.jpg

Can I just point out how fucking awesome this scene looks? I mean just look at the camera angle, that explosion and holy shit the speed effect!

You know I'll just write all my minor niggles off about this game if they get the roar of Max's car engine perfect, I want it so satisfyingly loud I want to be able to hear the pitch and tone change as well as the changing of gears, so loud my entire neighbourhood can hear it.

Fuck Yeah.

• Thumbs Up 2

This has the potential to be absolutely fantastic, but I'm going to hold off until I see gameplay and impressions. Until then, it's just a bunch of sort of pretty pictures.

It's from the people that brought you this

DIrIUPG.gif

Edited by Dobkeratops
  • Thumbs Up 4

Imagen alo....what?

Strange, I did a cache clear and saw no hotlinking protection. Lord Humungus will not be pleased.

Rehosted regardless.

Tho I'm pretty sure Avalanche could also bring players the ability to alojar their imagenes.

Edited by Dobkeratops

Mad Max will not be set in Australia and he has an American accent.

Not a big deal, but it does frustrate me sometimes how people in the entertainment industries have this instinctive need to have their games, films etc set in their own countries, even if the original is much better, just so people can relate to the story and characters. It's an issue most recently highlighted by American reviewers not understanding how a major zombie game like Zombi-U could not be set in 'murica.

A brief description from GAME's E3 highlights on Mad Max

Welcome to the wasteland of Mad Max.

This post-apocalyptic action game encourages you to think tactically about everything. Ammo is scarce and cars are the key to survival.

Think your tough enough to slug it out in the Mad Max world?

• 4 weeks later...

First Gameplay trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCsueWoX-Nk

• Thumbs Up 1

* Big open world game.

* Not based on a movie, its it's own story.

* Car Combat.

* Build and customise your own vehicle.

* Your car can be customised to become a weapon. e.g. add armor to make it tank like when ramming, but won't be able to speed away very well.

I feel like we've heard all of this before.....

image_rage-12131-1716_0011.jpg

I might be seeing things though :P

I'm still to watch the Gameplay trailer and see what it offers myself. Though I've never seen the movie either. So I might owe it to myself to watch it before getting this game. It interests me slightly