Awoo.

Xenoblade Chronicles X [Wii U]

Carbo

Awww I'm gonna miss the British accents~

but I guess with most of the characters living from New Los Angeles, it would make more sense to give them American accents. 8P Anyway, it sounds pretty decent. Lyn sounds WAY better in English!

• 1 month later...

Tons of X-citing new Xenoblade news for Europeans!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/xenoblade_chronicles_x_wii_u_bundle_and_special_edition_confirmed_for_europe_wii_original_on_the_eshop_now

First of all, it's been confirmed that there'll be a Wii U hardware bundle and special edition in Europe; these are detailed below.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U Premium Pack: features a black premium Wii U console, a physical copy of the game, an Artbook and a World Map poster
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition Pack: features a physical copy of the game, a SteelBook™ cover, a World Map poster, a Cover Art Poster and the Artbook

No images have been given yet, though it'll likely be similar to the Japanese equivalent (below), albeit without the eShop card.

630x.jpg

In addition the original Wii title, Xenoblade Chronicles, is available on the eShop right now in Europe. If you pick it up for the usual Wii download price of €19.99 / £17.99, you're eligible to receive £9 off the eShop version of Xenoblade Chronicles X when it launches in December, too.

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES IS ON THE WII U ESHOP RIGHT NOW

OH MY GOD I ALREADY HAVE THE NEW 3DS VERSION BUT I HAVE TO BUY IT AND PLAY IT ALL OVER AGAIN

EDIT: Artwork for the Limited Edition and Premium Pack

CLobm78XAAI4Q6M.jpg

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, you guys are lucky! Hopefully some announcements in the same vein are announced over here! I'd love to get a digital copy of the original Xenoblade or any of that limited edition swag (especially the art book).

Wow, you guys are lucky! Hopefully some announcements in the same vein are announced over here! I'd love to get a digital copy of the original Xenoblade or any of that limited edition swag (especially the art book).

Happy to say we're getting it too! details soon

http://gonintendo.com/stories/239960-xenoblade-chronicles-x-special-edition-coming-stateside-details

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm desperate to have the Wii version of the first game and not the 3DS version. Really hope we get it too

Sounds like excellent news, can't wait to hear the updates. If this includes a digital download of the original, then I will be very happy. Course, I can play my disc any time, but it'd be convenient. Xenoblade, especially in its original form, will definitely be worth the double dip.

• 4 weeks later...

North American special edition

Pretty sweet, if the price isn't too high I'll probably bite. preorders go up today

Edit: hopefully bigger pic

CNnB-wSXAAAQn5S.jpg:large

Price is $89.99 from what I understand

Edited by Mando

Full press release

http://gonintendo.com/stories/241589-xenoblade-chronicles-x-special-edition-launches-on-dec-4#comments

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Launching alongside the standalone version of massive Wii U role-playing game Xenoblade Chronicles X on Dec. 4 is a Special Edition overflowing with great content. Perfect for fans who want to experience everything Xenoblade Chronicles X has to offer, players who purchase the Special Edition at a suggested retail price of $89.99 will get a beautifully designed package that contains:

Unique to North America, this Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition is now available for pre-order at select retailers nationwide. (Photo: Business Wire)

A gorgeous book of concept art with more than 100 pages, featuring select art for the very first time
A unique USB drive modeled after the game’s “Lifehold Unit,” pre-loaded with a selection of 10 music tracks from the game’s memorable soundtrack
A limited-edition matted 5x7 art card of a painting done for the game by illustrator Takashi Kojo
Unique to North America, this Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition is now available for pre-order at select retailers nationwide.

Xenoblade Chronicles X comes from acclaimed developers Monolith Soft, the creators of Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii console. In this new game, Earth is destroyed and humanity faces annihilation from an intergalactic war between two alien races. Players must fight for their survival and explore a new planet full of exotic and hostile life-forms. To traverse the planet with ease, players can pilot customizable mechs called “Skells,” which give them powerful weapons. Players can also customize a lethal skill set of combat and defensive skills called Arts to strengthen their strategies and defeat enemies efficiently.

For more information about Xenoblade Chronicles X, visit http://xenobladechroniclesx.nintendo.com/.

Wow, I'd love to get this just for the artbook. I own the soundtrack already, so its inclusion here doesn't mean much, and it's only ten songs (most of them will likely be the vocal tracks).

I suppose $90 is a fair price, so I might look into picking up this version.

Be really nice if these artbooks could be released standalone, though. I see little reason for them to be reserved for special editions.

EDIT: How the fuck are these already sold out on Amazon

Edited by Zaysho

Overall it's a very nice bundle, I think I might be getting it ~ c: That Usb looks neat and since I don't own the soundtrack, that's a little bonus.

W-Wait sold out already?! How in the?

Unique to North America, this Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition is now available for pre-order at select retailers nationwide.

Read: Amazon. I'm praying that it'll be up for pre-order on GameStop so I can save money on it by not having to spend $90 at once as well as using some PowerUp coupons. 

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. The Xenoblade Chronicles X survival guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUK1b_ysTnI

As if this game doesn't have enough hype.

I wonder what class I will be. Perhaps pathfinder? Because I like the idea of increased HP recovery over time. I'm not sure if that will apply within battles however.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Armour_(X)

Yeah, its just a stub, but I hope that the information is true. The wiki states that there will be a defense bonus for having a complete set of matching set of matching armor.

I loved Xenoblade, but one of its quirks was that in order to obtain the highest possible defense stats, all the armor pieces would be mis-matched, making the characters look like total goofs. Often I would choose armor with inferior stats just so I could have a matching set.

I'm glad, I hope, this conundrum will be addressed in Xenoblade X.

It reminds me of the 'order of the stick comic'. "The boots were powerful, but they were like lime-green." "Indeed. A grave conundrum."

Yeah, its just a stub, but I hope that the information is true. The wiki states that there will be a defense bonus for having a complete set of matching set of matching armor.

I loved Xenoblade, but one of its quirks was that in order to obtain the highest possible defense stats, all the armor pieces would be mis-matched, making the characters look like total goofs. Often I would choose armor with inferior stats just so I could have a matching set.

It reminds me of the 'order of the stick comic'. "The boots were powerful, but they were like lime-green." "Indeed. A grave conundrum."

They've confirmed that after you beat the game you can set an invisible armor for stats then a visible armor without stats

• Thumbs Up 1

So, in theory, you can have the stats of the heaviest armor while wearing swim attire....I have mixed feelings about that... though I am glad that will make it much easier for the characters look compelling and not like mismatched goofs.

You know, I was expecting amiibo compatibility with this game. Especially because of the Shulk amiibo. At least a small boost, like how Shulk was used to get tokens in Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

Anyway, I want this game. It would be my introduction to the Xeno series of games. Especially because it's gonna take a while to get myself a New 3DS for Chronicles.

Kinda reminds me of Skylanders. Hats give them upgrades to their stats, but it could make them look utterly ridiculous. For example, the best hat so far is the Rainbow Hat from Trap Team. I put it on every one of my figures because I want the best stats.

"Stats before looks" I always say. But hey, that's just me.

New info! and we're getting freebies!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/242690-xenoblade-chronicles-x-character-dlc-to-be-free-lin-s-age-chan

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Character DLC to be free, Lin's age changed to 15, Collector's Edition details

15 September, 2015 by yoshiller | Comments: 6

The following information comes from a recent GameInformer magazine article:

- Lynlee now referred to as Lin Lee.

- Lin Lee is now 15-years-old. She is 13-years-old in the Japanese version.

- The character DLC that was released in Japan is now free in American and European versions of the game.

- A Prima Guide shall be available with the Collector's Edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X.

- The hardcover edition of the guide will have "premium treatments."

- A code is included to access the eGuide, a digital version of the complete strategy guide optimized for a second-screen experience.

- A high quality, microfiber screen cleaner is also included in the Collector's Edition. The screen cleaner will feature art from the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

My recent status - I'll just post here.

Xenoblade Chronicles only came to the U.S. because of luck??

A guy got fired by complaining about localization. The article goes on then to say that Xenoblade Chronicles coming to the U.S. was basically a 'lucky' fluke. Nintendo of Europe took the 'fall' and that Xenoblade is not a big money maker.

...I find this disappointing. I thought that after Shulk's appearance in Smash and with the game being on the new 3ds, the game would be more popular.

According to the article, in some ways, Xenoblade never should have come to the U.S.

Xenoblade is one my favorite games of all time, and hearing that the game, despite all the efforts of Nintendo, is not a large money maker saddens me.

Well, here's hoping that Xenoblade X generates more revenue.

My recent status - I'll just post here.

Xenoblade Chronicles only came to the U.S. because of luck??

A guy got fired by complaining about localization. The article goes on then to say that Xenoblade Chronicles coming to the U.S. was basically a 'lucky' fluke. Nintendo of Europe took the 'fall' and that Xenoblade is not a big money maker.

...I find this disappointing. I thought that after Shulk's appearance in Smash and with the game being on the new 3ds, the game would be more popular.

According to the article, in some ways, Xenoblade never should have come to the U.S.

Xenoblade is one my favorite games of all time, and hearing that the game, despite all the efforts of Nintendo, is not a large money maker saddens me.

Well, here's hoping that Xenoblade X generates more revenue.

I couldn't care less about Pranger or what he did to himself, but I do agree with him that fan demand doesn't necessarily equal sales as a more general thing. And while Xenoblade might be a bit niche as a RPG, I think it would appeal in the US if it was marketed well... or at all. It's pretty obvious NoA didn't want to take a chance on the game, at all, and only did when they didn't have to worry about fronting much of the costs on localization or even publishing, and they sure as hell didn't spend a dime on marketing. They sent it to die, and I think its success was a huge surprise for them, which is why they changed their tune real fast and have been making a genuine effort to localize and market X as they have been. They were also smart to kick Gamestop to the curb and offer the N3DS rerelease in every retailer... but I worry about how that version does given the N3DS is a bit of a barrier in itself.

I sincerely hope X does well for them. It deserves it, and I hope it'll get NoA to consider more RPGs for Wii U (I know this isn't at all a problem for their handhelds, but their consoles definitely need it!).

Seeing as how I have a N3DS now (well, I will once Nintendo returns it to me on Friday), I've been tempted to pick up Xenoblade but I'm holding out in case NOA releases the Wii version. Like it'd be 20 dollars cheaper even so if that were to happen I would have zero incentive to buy the 3DS version... but that's only assuming they do it because NOA sucks.

The Limited edition is now available on Walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-Special-Edition-Wii-U/46694722?u1=ieqjf4wsev00ag8y0009i&oid=365179.1&wmlspartner=je6NUbpObpQ&sourceid=29610664142696932780&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gamestop went up and Newegg as well. Still no BestBuy, but it will probably come soon. It's been somewhat staggered and it's all going pretty well, and looks like there will be plenty of opportunities. Walmart ships release day so that's a downside