Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

Thank you and thank your friend for me! Is there a chance of getting Windy Hill Zone 1 from them as well?

That's what I've been waiting for ages now since Woun leaked the main theme. I hope for it sometime this week

Very interesting theme to say the least; it's certainly a very upbeat one.

For the record, without vocal themes we wouldn't have Solaris Phase 2, Dark Gaia Phase 2, and Nega-Wisp Phase 2......yea, I want a vocal theme.

Hear, hear.

Let's remember the vocal themes don't actually even need to appear in game; in more recent games they only appear in trailers and the credits, really, the final boss variant aside (contrast to the earlier titles where the themes such as Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, etc. make their way into the menus, etc.).

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

For the record, without vocal themes we wouldn't have Solaris Phase 2, Dark Gaia Phase 2, and Nega-Wisp Phase 2......yea, I want a vocal theme.

Well, no. We wouldn't. We'd have something different. Since when does the existence of vocals determine if a song can be remixed with rock guitars and an orchestra?

"Oh, see, that Big Arms boss theme from Sonic 3 is nice and all, but we surely can't be expected to give that a do-over for the new game... it needs lyrics, you see."

...so I don't follow your logic.

Let's remember the vocal themes don't actually even need to appear in game; in more recent games they only appear in trailers and the credits, really, the final boss variant aside (contrast to the earlier titles where the themes such as Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, etc. make their way into the menus, etc.).

Eh, I'm not seeing what you mean here. If it's in the credits of the game, doesn't that mean it's, well, in the game? And don't forget that Sonic Colors used the same theme motif for lots of the event music. Heck, even Sonic Generations used it's one little original jingle for a cutscene near the end. 

Edited by Indigo Rush

I don't need vocals in a Sonic song for me to like it. Honestly half of the vocal songs in the Sonic Albums in the last decade I never liked. This is the direction I wanted them to go for awhile. I loved the up-beat soundtrack of Colors and this is even better. It reminds me of something Nintendo would do if they made the soundtrack for Sonic so honestly? Very happy, thats my opinion.

Didn't Jun do the Sonic 4 Ep.2 soundtrack and some of the music in Generations? It's not like he's being neglected or anything.

Hey I love C40, like REALLY love C40, I could sit and fanwank about them forever but even I'm getting pretty sick of the same ol' cheesy rock I've come to love from them, and I don't think "rock" is something that fits well with a game like Lost World, the music in this game is exactly what I want, variety, fun, popping music that absolutely stinks of charm and character, songs that literally fit the locales that they cover in the game, something that isn't grand and heavy like Unleashed's Overture theme, something that is short and sweet and doesn't drag on, songs like Wonder World is literally the type of music I've wanted the series to head towards for the longest.

Agreed, (well except being sick of them) I do like that they've been trying new music genre's lately especially since they sound pretty darn great.

Well.....i'm done making the tribute, but its still uploading. so check my channel in next hour or two. The main theme is great, vocals could work with it too! I think?

I'm a bit late, but that theme song is fantastic!

It really feels like it suits many occasions and definitely see it returning on multiple occasions, possibly slightly altered to tailor fit scenarios (or maybe just using sections). Yes it's brilliant, exciting, elegant, and so forth, but what I got most over all out of it is that it's /fun/, and that's what the attitude of this game seems to be (and Sonic), so it's perfect I feel. It switches up from big orchestral score to little fun diddles with new instruments to the song, and a simple and catchy beat to be the spine of it all. Really excited to hear it throughout the game.

It's also extremely neat that the theme song goes hand in hand with Windy Hill Act 1 seeing as they have similar aspects in sound and instrumentation breaks and such.

• Thumbs Up 4

I really can't wait for the full OST to be released, it hurts SO much to have these two awesome tracks but not be able to experience all the others yet. It's like someone telling you they'll give you a million dollars but only giving you ten so far, and waving the rest right in front of your face.

Why-not-both.jpg

There's really no reason why Sonic can't do both guitar work and orchestral. And yes, I do want Crush 40 back because they defined the time when I got into the series, and I think their music fits with it as much as the current soundtrack does.

^This. I just can't see why the series can't have both sets of themes like we have been doing. 

Well, no. We wouldn't. We'd have something different. Since when does the existence of vocals determine if a song can be remixed with rock guitars and an orchestra?

"Oh, see, that Big Arms boss theme from Sonic 3 is nice and all, but we surely can't be expected to give that a do-over for the new game... it needs lyrics, you see."

...so I don't follow your logic.

Time Eater is why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woHlNL7luBQ

Time Eater is our first song without a vocal theme backing it as a remix and...it kind of stunk as a final boss theme, so much so that when I play this on PC I allways use Sonic Boom or Sonic Youth as better fitting final boss themes. This theme is alright for the "OMG ITS THE MOTW!! LETS ALL LOOK ON IN SHOCK AS IT APPEARS FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!" cutscene but definately not a final boss theme.

And if this is what to be expected in Lost World, then I'm not looking forward to it. and no, I don't see Wonder World or Windy Hill working as a final boss theme either even as a remix.

Edited by goku262002

Windy valley? You mean Windy Hill?

Yes whatever, people knew what I meant. I just got off a 6 hour shift so I'm seriously tired.

Well, Sorry if I sounded like a smartass then.

Not your fault, thank you for correcting me.

Lets get back on topic shall we? Can somebody loop the Windy Hill track to 3- 4 minutes? love this theme but its waaaay too short and I need an official OST length.

This is clearly not the full version of the track, so it's short because it's basically a taster of the full version.